I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

Whoa, thanks for that little slice of film hell. It's like a train wreck I couldn't stop watching it. David Lynch like. I have a fascination with serial killers in general. Not because I'm psuchopathic or anything, but interested in the personality of these individuals. I'm a psychologist and work with clients with deviant behavior so I'm ever so interested in what makes these guys tick. Ed Gein of course was schizophrenic which explains his behavior to a degree. There is a more serious film and a documentary on Ed if folks are interested. Given he's the inspiration behind Hitchcock's Psycho and Silence of the Lambs.

Yes, these are people you definitely want to view from a distance.

Just watched 'The Visitor' again. Shows the sad state of affairs the world is now in.

518efKfpDWL._SX500_.jpg

Funny but nearly as funny as it was made out to be.

41h2rFsQPLL._SX500_.jpg

While Fargo, O Brother, Where Art Thou? and No Country For Old Men are some of my favorites, there's a few Coen brothers that only serve to confuse me. This was one of them. I actually had to do some reading up on it afterwards to help me understand what I'd just seen.

Laughed more at Bridesmaids than I did at Hangover 2.

A Serious Man is destined to go down as one of the Coen brothers most underrated films, along with The Man Who Wasn't There. Like The Big Lebowski, these films will only gain in stature and appreciation as time goes by.

REALLY good movie.

Clint Eastwood is as good of a Director as he was an Actor.

And I'm liking pretty much everything I see Matt Damon in.

220px-Hereafter.jpg

Finally, after putting it off many times, got a HD flat screen TV, 40" 1080p.

Re-watched Apocalypto in HD - excellent.

Kinda like a female Hangover, but still very funny.

It's a Judd Apatow joint, so it's got a lot of that uncomfortable situation comedy.

Overall, more than just a chick-flick.

bridesmaids-movie-poster.jpg

"I've got the first watch." :hysterical:

Saw it twice in the theatres, with different friends, and got the same reaction.

Brilliant cast. I laughed more than Hangover.

51oKTzhYP6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Based on reactions I've read on various boards about this movie, I was halfway expecting not to like it. Thankfully, that didn't turn out to be the case. Perhaps those that were disappointed in it were expecting something far different, like a thriller or something.

51oKTzhYP6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Based on reactions I've read on various boards about this movie, I was halfway expecting not to like it. Thankfully, that didn't turn out to be the case. Perhaps those that were disappointed in it were expecting something far different, like a thriller or something.

The opening scene is truly amazing.

Incredibly realistic.

Just caught the beginning of 'Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia' where the hit man cold cocks the whore with his elbow in the bar and she just rolls down the stairs out cold. :lol:

Too bad because she was a fine lookin' little thing. :rolleyes: