Led Zeppelin live DVD's

lzzoso

This what I know: Official:

1. The Song Remains the Same movie from 1976 (obviously) and the updated TSRTS that came out in 2007.

2. Led Zeppelin DVD 2003: Full Royal Albert Hall show (1970) some Madison Square Garden (1973), some Earls Court (1975) and some Knebworth footage (1979), plus a whole lotta other various footage including SuperShow and Denmark (1969) and some brief Australian footage from 1972.

These two you can buy at any Best Buy or any other music outlet that sells dvd's.

Now on to the UnOfficial or "bootleg" dvd's

1. Earl's Court: May 24, 1975

2. Earl's Court: May 25, 1975

3. Seattle Kingdome: July 17, 1977

4. Knebworth Festival: August 4. 1979

5. Knebworth Festival: August 11. 1979

As far as I can think of right NOW these are the only Full, Live Led Zeppelin concerts that are "officially" and "unofficially" available to the many millions of fans of the "Mighty Led Zeppelin" throughout the world. I say this because I now have in my possession all of these dvd's I just listed above.

My question is: Are there any more "rare" or harder to acquire Led Zeppelin concerts on dvd that are out there that I failed to mention. If so, please reply to this topic and let me know what I have missed.

I went to watch one last thursday nigth and I found all I have for earls court is Heavy Metal Kids, which is 3 discs and is:

DVD 1 (24th): Intro/Rock and Roll/Sick Again/Over The Hills And Far Away/In My Time Of Dying/The Song Remains The Same/The Rain Song/Kashmir/No Quarter/Tangerine/Going To California/That's The Way/Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

DVD 2 (24th): Trampled Underfoot/Moby Dick/Dazed And Confused/Stairway To Heaven/Whole Lotta Love/Black Dog

DVD 3 (25th): Intro/Rock And Roll/Sick Again/Over The Hills And Far Away/In My Time Of Dying/Song Remains The Same/The Rain Song/Kashmir

But mine has the official tracks removed.

Is there a good one with all of the 25th?

• 2 weeks later...

This what I know: Official:

1. The Song Remains the Same movie from 1976 (obviously) and the updated TSRTS that came out in 2007.

2. Led Zeppelin DVD 2003: Full Royal Albert Hall show (1970) some Madison Square Garden (1973), some Earls Court (1975) and some Knebworth footage (1979), plus a whole lotta other various footage including SuperShow and Denmark (1969) and some brief Australian footage from 1972.

These two you can buy at any Best Buy or any other music outlet that sells dvd's.

Now on to the UnOfficial or "bootleg" dvd's

1. Earl's Court: May 24, 1975

2. Earl's Court: May 25, 1975

3. Seattle Kingdome: July 17, 1977

4. Knebworth Festival: August 4. 1979

5. Knebworth Festival: August 11. 1979

As far as I can think of right NOW these are the only Full, Live Led Zeppelin concerts that are "officially" and "unofficially" available to the many millions of fans of the "Mighty Led Zeppelin" throughout the world. I say this because I now have in my possession all of these dvd's I just listed above.

My question is: Are there any more "rare" or harder to acquire Led Zeppelin concerts on dvd that are out there that I failed to mention. If so, please reply to this topic and let me know what I have missed.

I was reading, online, this past weekend about a fan edit of the Song Remains The Same DVD which removes the fantasy sequences and inserts additional live footage. I tried to track it down, but with no success so far. If it's decent quality I'd love to get my hands on a copy. I'm definitely going to keep looking.

I was reading, online, this past weekend about a fan edit of the Song Remains The Same DVD which removes the fantasy sequences and inserts additional live footage. I tried to track it down, but with no success so far. If it's decent quality I'd love to get my hands on a copy. I'm definitely going to keep looking.

I have it, and it's not exactly as you were told. The opening sequences (mob hit, This is tomorrow, etc) have been removed (it goes straight to Manhattan in the limo with Bron-Yr-Aur and right to the stage), and the setlist restored to include the missing songs (excepting Thank You of course) from the DVD remaster. The fantasy sequences during the performance are still there (no escaping that). So basically you get the whole concert without the kids splashing in the river. But Robert still slays the knight and leaves the woman behind amidst a pile of dead guys! :lol:

I have it, and it's not exactly as you were told. The opening sequences (mob hit, This is tomorrow, etc) have been removed (it goes straight to Manhattan in the limo with Bron-Yr-Aur and right to the stage), and the setlist restored to include the missing songs (excepting Thank You of course) from the DVD remaster. The fantasy sequences during the performance are still there (no escaping that). So basically you get the whole concert without the kids splashing in the river. But Robert still slays the knight and leaves the woman behind amidst a pile of dead guys! :lol:

Is this the "Final Cuts"? If so, I have it to and there was some additional footage like the crwod in line to see the show. Also, the girl in the TSRTS is a different one with brown hair.

Is this the "Final Cuts"? If so, I have it to and there was some additional footage like the crwod in line to see the show. Also, the girl in the TSRTS is a different one with brown hair.

I don't think so. This is called "Fan Version". Are you referring to the one that has the Rain Song fantasy sequence with Maureen (Plant's wife) instead of the blonde? That one is more an outtake collection. The one I'm referring to (I have both) is a complete concert edited to have all the songs included in the bonus features on the DVD inserted into the film, and the scenes not occurring during actual performance removed (No Peter Grant grilling the security, et al).

I don't think so. This is called "Fan Version". Are you referring to the one that has the Rain Song fantasy sequence with Maureen (Plant's wife) instead of the blonde? That one is more an outtake collection. The one I'm referring to (I have both) is a complete concert edited to have all the songs included in the bonus features on the DVD inserted into the film, and the scenes not occurring during actual performance removed (No Peter Grant grilling the security, et al).

Yup. That was the one. I forgot that was Maureen.

That sounds pretty neat, Ev! ;)

Best version of the 25th is called "Demand Unprecedented in the History of Rock" or something like that

I have it, and it is one of my most prized possessions. Page should really get Kevin Shirley and have a go at this concert and mix it like they did with the DVD and TSRTS re-release,

it would sound unreal and I think it deserves it.

P.S. I find the 25th show much more enjoyable than the 24th, they were really loose, having fun,

and obviously feeling no pain.

I really want an Earls Court 25th (or 24th for that matter) DVD....

Hello, John Lennon 696. That is kinda weird to say "Hello, John Lennon". You should know what I mean. To be completely honest, right now I am listening to various Beatles songs on YouTube as I type these words. Right now I am listening to "Hello, Goodbye".

Anyway, I started this topic. If you read my initial post (#1) you will read that I have in my Led Zeppelin DVD collection all the "unofficial" dvd's that I am aware of.

If you really want (to purchase) Led Zeppelin at Earl's Court on the 24th or 25th, I suggest that you simply Google LED ZEPPELIN EARLS COURT DVD. The first link to show should point you in the right direction. That is all I had to do to find these great LZ dvd's. It is that simple. (By the way, this is how I found out and purchased all the live unofficial dvd's that I have mentioned in my first post. I have NO financial interest in what you or others may purchase. I just like to spread the word that most Led Zeppelin fans can get what they considered hard to find just by simply using the internet).

If all works out, let me know what you think.

Hello, John Lennon 696. That is kinda weird to say "Hello, John Lennon". You should know what I mean. To be completely honest, right now I am listening to various Beatles songs on YouTube as I type these words. Right now I am listening to "Hello, Goodbye".

Anyway, I started this topic. If you read my initial post (#1) you will read that I have in my Led Zeppelin DVD collection all the "unofficial" dvd's that I am aware of.

If you really want (to purchase) Led Zeppelin at Earl's Court on the 24th or 25th, I suggest that you simply Google LED ZEPPELIN EARLS COURT DVD. The first link to show should point you in the right direction. That is all I had to do to find these great LZ dvd's. It is that simple. (By the way, this is how I found out and purchased all the live unofficial dvd's that I have mentioned in my first post. I have NO financial interest in what you or others may purchase. I just like to spread the word that most Led Zeppelin fans can get what they considered hard to find just by simply using the internet).

If all works out, let me know what you think.

Couldn't see anything on Google tbh:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=LED+ZEPPELIN+EARLS+COURT+DVD&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=null&oq=

Maybe a PM might help, i'd love to own the 25th tbh.. Wouldn't mine Knebworth 4th either, i do check Ebay every day too to no avail and i am unable to DL them atm..

Archived