JASON BONHAM TO PLAY LUDWIG DRUMS ?

He had multiple sets over the years. Author Chris Welch has one for sale at 16,000 GBP.

I believe the Hard Rock has another and I think Robert Plant has one. There's others.

Hard Rock does have one. Saw it in Summer of 2006 at the London Hard Rock Cafe. Don't know if his kit's still in London though.

I will give you the scoop on Bonham's actual Amber Vistalite set. This was the set that was used in "The Song Remains the Same. " I have seen the actual set, and yes, I have played them! Bill Townsend from Raleigh, NC owned them at one time, he is now deceased. They were insured through Loyds of London. I cannot tell you were they are now. Bonhams stainless set is up in Canada. His green sparkle set I believe is in a studio.

I will give you the scoop on Bonham's actual Amber Vistalite set. This was the set that was used in "The Song Remains the Same. " I have seen the actual set, and yes, I have played them! Bill Townsend from Raleigh, NC owned them at one time, he is now deceased. They were insured through Loyds of London. I cannot tell you were they are now. Bonhams stainless set is up in Canada. His green sparkle set I believe is in a studio.

By the way, I have pictures on my wall that were taken of Bonham's Amber set in Raleigh, NC when I saw it.

I actually have the exact kit details he'll be using for the gig, but I didn't post them with my interview topic Son of Thunder - Jason Bonham. So here they are:

JASON'S KIT

DRUMS

Ludwig Yellow Vistalite

with black hardware, stands and hoops.

26"x14", 12"x9",

16"x16", 18"x16",

14"x6½" 402 Supra-

Phonic snare

(or Black Beauty to match kit)

CYMBALS

Zildjian (prototype with

Zeppelin III logo)

15" A Custom Master

Sound hi-hats

20" Avedis medium thin

crash

24" K light ride

PLUS

DW 9000 double pedal

Pro-Mark maple sticks

(16 7/8")

Your holier than though attitude is very snobbish.we are all here to be brothers and enjoy our love of Led Zeppelin together. Tone down th arrogance

I agree. I don't mean to character assassinate, but I've seen you do it on a few occassions, Steve. Not the place for it, mate. You can't expect everyone to know everything about Zeppelin like you do, and you're forgetting there are kids that love Zeppelin too that might not fully grasp everything yet, either - are they idiots too?

Archived