The Metallica Thread

Starbreaker

I hadn't seen a thread for Metallica, so I thought I'd create one. Anyone else here a fan of Metallica?

Everyone here knows that I LOVE Metallica. I have seen them twice this year, September in Cincinnati and October in Cleveland. My oldest son has seen them four times in the past year. He attended their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April where he also had the honor of seeing Jimmy induct Jeff Beck. My favorite song of theirs is Enter Sandman, and I love most of the songs from their latest album, Death Magnetic. I have posted several photos from their concerts under the "What's the next or last concert..." threads.

Welcome to the forum, take a look around. Alot of information is here to be discovered. I can't believe that there hasn't been a Metallica thread yet.

It's so cool that there are people who who share my passion for Zeppelin AND Metallica! Personally I go for the older stuff like Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, etc. As for my favorite song, it used to be Whiplash, but now I can't decide what my favorite is biggrin.gif

You saw them get inducted?!! Lucky!! I was very fortunate and got to see them when they came to Charlotte this past October. So how did you get into Metallica?

Metallica is my oldest son's favorite band, and I guess that they kind of grew on me after hearing him play their music 24/7. And I did not get to attend the induction even though I had a ticket because of previous commitments that I could not get out of. My son was the one who attended the induction. I also watched my son's video of Metallica: Some Kind of Monster, and gained great respect for them because of the way that they value their fans.

Did you know that you can buy a copy of the concert that you attended in Charlotte on their website: livemetallica.com? I have the Cinci and Cleveland shows and listen to them all the time. Brings back good memories of the concerts.

So I have a question for everyone. In your opinion, how do the first four Metallica albums (Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justice for All) stack up against the first four Led Zeppelin Albums?

Personally, I can't even compare.

I like MOP and AJFA, they represent the best, most intense moments of Metallica for me... once in a great while I get in a mood to here cuts from those records again.

The first four of LZ I love, and I listen to regularly as I have for 30 years now. ;)

I love Metallica! I haven't seen them live (YET! :D ). They came to Serbia in 2004 but I was too young to even know who they were.

I prefer their older stuff; Ride the lightening is probably my favorite album. Favorite song(s)... The Call of Ktulu, To live is to die.

I saw Metallica in 91,99 and 04, although they are not in my all time top five musical faves I think that the song master of puppetts is a classic of the genre, its an epic piece of music with a great riff after the intial intro, and a very musical interlude before turning dark again..classic stuff.

I think that the song master of puppetts is a classic of the genre, its an epic piece of music with a great riff after the intial intro, and a very musical interlude before turning dark again..classic stuff.

I agree. The variation within the structure of the song makes it a lot of fun to play.

Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer together for the first time!

What a concert!

Confirmed dates are June 16, 2010 in Warsaw, Poland and June 19th in Prague, with more dates to be added later.

Looks like they are playing at the European Sonisphere festivals in the summer of 2010.

Possible North American dates to be added also?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I was roaming around Walmart yesterday evening and took a glance through the cds and noticed all the classic Metallica albums on the top display above the rest.. Noticed immediately that both Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning were packaged in what appears to be mini LP replicas of the original albums, which are Metallica's 2016 remasters, which seem to be following Zeppelin's 2014 remasters.. Without the noce option of perhaps a 2-3cd deluxe release of the original albums plus a cd of demo tracks and possibly a live CD.. But their deluxe box sets look f***ing wicked!! Way out of my budget..

Well I have never in my life have purchased 1 freaking Metallica album so I figured why the heck not pick up a copy of Ride The Lightning (2016 cd remaster) for only $5!!! However I have been drooling over purchasing a copy on vinyl since I seen it at a record shop recently, but shoot for $5 for the cd, I wouldn't feel stupid paying another $20 for a copy on vinyl sometime in the future when budget may allow..

Anyway, I have had a copy of all the golden era Metallica albums on my iPod for years as a friend of mine let me borrow his copies wayyy back.. I have always loved the music, but have rather grown tired of it over the years..

I excitedly ripped the plastic off the album the second I got to my car and popped in my first ever Metallica album into my cd player and had a 30 minute ass kicking drive until I unfortunately made it to my destination.. Got to finish Fade To Black anyway.. Got the other half to listen to going back soon.. 

I was absolutely astonished by the quality of the remaster while listening to it.. Absolutely superb sound quality, absolutely superb packaging.. You can easily see they took some pages out of Jimmy Page's notes, but added some fantastic things of their own as well! I guess they have yet to release Master Of Puppets and so on as they just released the first 2 albums in April 2016.. But I'm going to put $5 to the side today I will run into Walmart once again for a copy of the 2016 remaster of Kill 'Em All, and will continue building a completely new collection of albums that I will cherish for years to come...

Cant wait to get home and blast The Four Horsemen on my cd player today.. I'm going to enjoy both albums all the way through nice and loud!! 

Just an FYI.. It sucks to say, but these mini vinyl replicas are very often found in slightly damaged sleeves.. I unfortunately have learned that throughout purchasing each deluxe edition cd of the Zeppelin catalog.. I gently looked at each copy of the album in stock and selected the best one.. Wish I would have taken my copy of The Complete BBC Sessions back as the packaging was certainly not up to par with my standards, but oh well.. It taught me a great lesson that I already put to use..

Archived