Jimmy Page Intends to Play New Material Live in 2010

SteveAJones

Sky News Video Link:

http://news.sky.com/...e_Dates_In_2010

Led Zeppelin legend Jimmy Page has confirmed he is heading back to the stage in 2010.

Steve Hargrave, Sky News showbiz correspondent

10:52am UK, Wednesday December 16, 2009

The guitarist has told Sky News he has new material and can't wait to perform, even if it isn't with his former Led Zeppelin bandmates.

"We're running up to Christmas now and next year I have every intention of playing music live and manifesting it," he said.

"I've got the music waiting, and that's what I'll be doing. It's been two years since the 02, so it's time to do that."

Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, with whom he performed a sell-out one-off gig at the O2, are both off with seperate projects.

Plant is recording a second album with Alison Krauss, while Jones has joined Them Crooked Vultures with Dave Grohl and Josh Homme.

Page meanwhile is busy promoting his new documentary film, the excellent It Might Get Loud.

The film - directed by Oscar winner Davis Guggenheim - pits Page alongside U2's The Edge, and Jack White.

All three jam along to each other's songs, and discuss their love of the ever faithful six-string.

"If somebody shows you, and you start strumming, there's this bonding with this instrument," explains Page.

"It's as simple as that, they sort of speak with their own character. You can have this marvellous affair with a guitar, almost like a marriage. But at the end of the day it doesn't ask you for alimony."

Guggenheim previously directed An Inconvinent Truth, but he found himself in an entirely different environment.

"Even though they come from different generations, each found their voice," he explains of his three musical stars.

"They found a way to express themselves in a very unique way even though they share the same instrument."

Page of course famously played with Leona Lewis at the Olympic handover ceremony, yet he remains indifferent to the sort of pop acts the X-Factor is currently churning out.

Instead he prefers classic rock'n roll records like Link Wray that he's seen playing in one scene in the film.

"To me that's the essence of what music is about and that's what you need to capture.

"All that stuff can be laboured and tidied up and sanitised but that was never where I came from, or even wanted to go there, or still don't wanna go there."

Sky News Video Link:

http://news.sky.com/...e_Dates_In_2010

Led Zeppelin legend Jimmy Page has confirmed he is heading back to the stage in 2010.

Steve Hargrave, Sky News showbiz correspondent

10:52am UK, Wednesday December 16, 2009

The guitarist has told Sky News he has new material and can't wait to perform, even if it isn't with his former Led Zeppelin bandmates.

"We're running up to Christmas now and next year I have every intention of playing music live and manifesting it," he said.

"I've got the music waiting, and that's what I'll be doing. It's been two years since the 02, so it's time to do that."

Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, with whom he performed a sell-out one-off gig at the O2, are both off with seperate projects.

Plant is recording a second album with Alison Krauss, while Jones has joined Them Crooked Vultures with Dave Grohl and Josh Homme.

Page meanwhile is busy promoting his new documentary film, the excellent It Might Get Loud.

The film - directed by Oscar winner Davis Guggenheim - pits Page alongside U2's The Edge, and Jack White.

All three jam along to each other's songs, and discuss their love of the ever faithful six-string.

"If somebody shows you, and you start strumming, there's this bonding with this instrument," explains Page.

"It's as simple as that, they sort of speak with their own character. You can have this marvellous affair with a guitar, almost like a marriage. But at the end of the day it doesn't ask you for alimony."

Guggenheim previously directed An Inconvinent Truth, but he found himself in an entirely different environment.

"Even though they come from different generations, each found their voice," he explains of his three musical stars.

"They found a way to express themselves in a very unique way even though they share the same instrument."

Page of course famously played with Leona Lewis at the Olympic handover ceremony, yet he remains indifferent to the sort of pop acts the X-Factor is currently churning out.

Instead he prefers classic rock'n roll records like Link Wray that he's seen playing in one scene in the film.

"To me that's the essence of what music is about and that's what you need to capture.

"All that stuff can be laboured and tidied up and sanitised but that was never where I came from, or even wanted to go there, or still don't wanna go there."

FINALLY!!! I am so excited...wonder where he will play?? I don't care if it's the North Pole...I am going!!!

Steve, thanks for the post :cheer:

simply for himself.... I don't care who you are, a person needs to stay active.

...although I always will respect his decision not to play if he chooses to, but my true feelings are captured in your writing here...one needs to remain passionate, essence of life, I wish he had remained so in all the time slowly gone by, there was no need to stop as he did...but this is good news, and his true roots of blues, Elvis, and Others are very close to his heart, I am sure he will pay tribute to these great Voices with his Music at least once....

:)

Do you think he'll go solo or team up with some old friends? I think some are currently on the road??

If he tours, I think he'll have guests like Slash, Brian May, David Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers, etc.. in different cities (join for encores and special songs for a night of guitar) with a backing band of perhaps:

Guy Pratt --- Bass (who performed with him at the Olympics),

maybe Jason Bonham (who may or may not drum with Chickenfoot after Chad Smith w/ The Chili Peppers re-group) and it'd be cool to see if either Steven Tyler (if he's healthy and who recently didn't want to work with Aerosmith) or Chris Cornell or Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge) would join him.

We'll see.

R:)

If he tours, I think he'll have guests like Slash, Brian May, David Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers, etc.. in different cities (join for encores and special songs for a night of guitar) with a backing band of perhaps:

Guy Pratt --- Bass (who performed with him at the Olympics),

maybe Jason Bonham (who may or may not drum with Chickenfoot after Chad Smith w/ The Chili Peppers re-group) and it'd be cool to see if either Steven Tyler (if he's healthy and who recently didn't want to work with Aerosmith) or Chris Cornell or Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge) would join him.

We'll see.

R:)

Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton are currently touring. Is that a long shot, 'cause I'm going to see them in February. Now that would certainly be quite a treat!!

glicine, thanks for your post, and Steve , thanks for starting a thread on this.

I am just so excited about this, as the most important thing here is we get to see Jimmy back on stage!! Maybe a few of us will get the chance to meet :party:

glicine, thanks for your post, and Steve , thanks for starting a thread on this.

I am just so excited about this, as the most important thing here is we get to see Jimmy back on stage!! Maybe a few of us will get the chance to meet party.gif

It seems many are suggesting singers and dreaming up world tour itineraries, to which I can only say lower your expectations....

Archived