Should they play after the O2 show?

rawtonevolekam92

224 members have voted

1. 1. Should they do a tour after the O2?

• Yes, they are Led Zeppelin!!!
    • No, they are 3/4 Led Zeppelin, and a kid.

The answer is yes, but they aren't really "Led Zeppelin" but as the changed of member was in the family and the reunion went so well and there's a high demand for tickets i don't see a reason to why they should play again, tour even.

Lets see the list of the 21 morons that dont want them to play again! Get real! You are not a fan of Led Zeppelin if you dont want to see them one more time. I dont care what you say. What can you possibly say, the old I want to remember them the way they were BS? In case you didnt notice they were great.

how is not wanting a band you really like to risk tarnishing their fairly spotless legacy not being a fan? I'd rather they never do anything again, myself. a show here and there for a charity every few years might be ok, a tour is pushing it, but anything past that would be a joke. whether they're good or not, it's just going along with the latest fad: tour until you drop. tour for as long as you can: it means more money. you think bands like the Stones are out there because of the music? my ass. it's for the green and because they have nothing better to do with their time. Zep was always going against the grain, why change that now? sure they're good now, but will they still be good halfway through a tour? Zep did the respectful thing by stopping after Bonzo died. don't ruin that, hardly any bands would ever do that, they'd rather keep pressing on like Skynyrd until nobody in the band is original anymore. that's a business, not a musical entity. Zep was about the music and always was. personally, I think whining and crying about wanting them to go on tour, because they "owe" us and it's not fair that you didn't get to see them is what is pathetic and un-fan like. why don't you support what the band wants to do? seems to me that if they were really serious and wanted to tour they'd have kept doing it after Bonzo died, the O2 wouldn't have been a reunion, just another show. let them move on and do something different. it's the fans that are unable to move on, not the band.

(but all the people here who are begging for a tour will be the first to bitch when they start to sound exhausted about 7 shows in)

I am constantly amazed at the fact that this question or pole even needs to be asked!! To those of you that say "It isn't the real Led Zeppelin" get a brain! Those people either had the unbelievable fortune to already see the world's best band play live or they are not true fan(atic)s. I look at myself who was born 5 years to late to see them and even my 13 year old son who has posters, shirts, alarm clocks etc all with his and my ultimate band on them! To be able to see these gifted and magical men play live would be a TRUE dream come true for millions of fans throughout the world!! Yes it was a tragedy when Bonzo passed away but to not do a world tour now would be an insult to the millions of fans that put them on top and kept them there for 30 years not to mention selfish by the surviving members to not finally give the world what it has craved for so long! It is time that they say thank-you to their loyal army of fans by making the dream come true and show the WORLD why they are the best not just 20,000 very lucky fans.

• 2 weeks later...

To begin with, absolutely they should play again. (specifically, in/around the Philadelphia area :rolleyes: )

As far as i'm concerned, yes, the music community has suffered a massive loss with the passing of John Bonham(he will be greatly missed). However, who better to stand in his place than his own son; who, judging by the recent tribute concert in London has proven himself at the very least, capable?

Because I cannot accurately sum up my feelings for this band and their music, i'm going to resort to being very cliche and quote a movie..."THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS TO BE A FAN, TO TRULY LOVE SOME SILLY PIECE OF MUSIC OR BAND SO MUCH THAT IT HURTS"-Almost Famous. (fyi-in no way do i mean to refer to zep or any of their songs as silly)

I am 20 years old, and I feel robbed and blessed at the same time. Blessed-because I have been raised on the gods of classic rock; Robbed-because i was born way after their "prime". It is my ultimate dream to be able to see Led Zeppelin in concert, with as much of the original band as possible-And, in lieu of Bonzo, i would welcome his son with open arms, because in my opinion that is the closest to the real thing as any of us can get.

This is my favorite band of all-time(tied with pink floyd, but we're comparing apples and oranges there). And, if for some reason i wouldn't be able to see them (tragedy!!!) i wish that awesome opportunity would be available to MANY MANY other fans; whether they were around at the beginning, or whether they are carrying the torch in us younger generations...because legends never die.

To begin with, absolutely they should play again. (specifically, in/around the Philadelphia area :rolleyes: )

As far as i'm concerned, yes, the music community has suffered a massive loss with the passing of John Bonham(he will be greatly missed). However, who better to stand in his place than his own son; who, judging by the recent tribute concert in London has proven himself at the very least, capable?

Because I cannot accurately sum up my feelings for this band and their music, i'm going to resort to being very cliche and quote a movie..."THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS TO BE A FAN, TO TRULY LOVE SOME SILLY PIECE OF MUSIC OR BAND SO MUCH THAT IT HURTS"-Almost Famous. (fyi-in no way do i mean to refer to zep or any of their songs as silly)

I am 20 years old, and I feel robbed and blessed at the same time. Blessed-because I have been raised on the gods of classic rock; Robbed-because i was born way after their "prime". It is my ultimate dream to be able to see Led Zeppelin in concert, with as much of the original band as possible-And, in lieu of Bonzo, i would welcome his son with open arms, because in my opinion that is the closest to the real thing as any of us can get.

This is my favorite band of all-time(tied with pink floyd, but we're comparing apples and oranges there). And, if for some reason i wouldn't be able to see them (tragedy!!!) i wish that awesome opportunity would be available to MANY MANY other fans; whether they were around at the beginning, or whether they are carrying the torch in us younger generations...because but legends never die.

P.S....to be a TRUE fan is to be there through thick and thin. (i'm an eagles fan, so trust me, i know about this). Hypothetically...they tour, and maybe they have a few bad shows. When the Hell's Angels caused a commotion at the Stones' show did that stop them? NO. If people stopped doing what they loved/believed in b/c something went wrong, where would this world be? I would be HONORED to see Led Zeppelin (or "3 members and a 'kid'") even if it were a sub-par performance. I tear up just listening to CD's driving in my car imagining what it must be like to stand in a crowd of like-minded people hearing those songs played live.

This one from :bought the stairway ,Philadelphia- was so touching ---and very well put---Led Zeppelin is such an Extremely rare& Valuable Legacey to Rock music----Rock is in grave need of this return ,I can only Hope that Robert Plant will read these post and open his heart to the beautiful transformation he will bring along side his previous band mates and the son of Bonham---you were so correct to say he is to be embraced,Jason maynot be his father ,but he is next in line.

This one from :bought the stairway ,Philadelphia- was so touching ---and very well put---Led Zeppelin is such an Extremely rare& Valuable Legacey to Rock music----Rock is in grave need of this return ,I can only Hope that Robert Plant will read these post and open his heart to the beautiful transformation he will bring along side his previous band mates and the son of Bonham---you were so correct to say he is to be embraced,Jason maynot be his father ,but he is next in line.

Thank you for your wqell thought out answer/we nneed another thread running [whilst they are umming and ahgung about refeorming ;for gods sake lets get the official DVD of the O2 Eveing out in the shops 4 some of us its a race with the reaper lol :o:banana:

• 1 month later...

:D

02 show

:rolleyes:

the server CRASHED for the O2 tickets.... OF COURSE THEY SHOULD PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm 31 years old, i never got my fair shot at seeing them play (i have seen al 3 separately though), but zep is such an important band to everyone, that seeing them live would be the ultimate music lover's dream. plus jason is a great drummer, and i'm sure bonzo wouldn't mind seeing him take the drums on this one.

I am 51 and never saw zeppelin until the 02.....I wanted to see them so bad that we went to london with no tickets...and I have to say....where there is a will there is a way...I was determined and we got in....Wow...the most incredible experience in my life....will never forget it as long as I live...I wish everyone that is a zeppelin fan could have experienced what I did.....PRICELESS

I can't say if they'll ever play again. If they do, us old boy's are going to have accept what we get, and not compare it to our original experiences. If they don't, I'll accept that too. One hell of an act to follow IMHO. I'd sure like to be the judge on that one though :)

:D

02 show

:rolleyes:

I am 51 and never saw zeppelin until the 02.....I wanted to see them so bad that we went to london with no tickets...and I have to say....where there is a will there is a way...I was determined and we got in....Wow...the most incredible experience in my life....will never forget it as long as I live...I wish everyone that is a zeppelin fan could have experienced what I did.....PRICELESS

Hey Im 62 blue Oyster Cult on my shoulder lol.I have seen Page n Plant twice in Paris see my profile,Was an invitee to private MTV Recording Of the MTV Unledded recording i9n London =have Robert's personal autograph to me.

Can you believe there is some snotty kd [or he writes like one] who has the nerve to complain that as he was stood in the front row at O2 Jimmy either hit him with a drop of spit or sweat.Shit being in the same age bracket it porbably have been my arthritis which would have let me down.

I had no chance to get ticket but for the honour of being there I would have let Jimmy do much worse to me.

I pray at the least we will get a DVD of the concert if not further gigs.If you hear anything please leave me message [someone gave me Mothership] for my birthday theres some nice snippets from the big DVD on it.

Seen Lez Zeppelin twice [all fem band] each girl is an excellent version of male eqiuvalent

Stay Tight But Loose :o

They so called..."have too".

unless Robert wants too see people imitate his beautiful voice.

& it will happen..watch. Imitating his voice, that is.

It will be like putting earphones on a newborn baby.

intentions on that the baby will listen... so to say. Maybe a few of them :)

B)

Can you believe there is some snotty kd [or he writes like one] who has the nerve to complain that as he was stood in the front row at O2 Jimmy either hit him with a drop of spit or sweat.

:lol:

That reminds me of a friend of mine who was front row for The Firm. Some of Jimmy's

cigarette ashes landed on his forehead. To this day he says it was for him a religious experience!

Archived