• I Can't Quit You Baby
    • Lemon Song
    • Bring It On Home
    • Since I've Been Loving You
    • Hats off to (Roy) Harper
    • In My Time Of Dying
    • Tea For One
    • Travelling Riverside Blues

You could argue that a lot of their tunes are technically blues.

Personally I had a hard time picking.

I love You Shook Me because of its raw power and amazing soaring licks from every member. I mean that diving slide with the diving vocal is so original and cool as can be. The keyboard solo rocks. the harp solo is great and Pages guitar is untouchable. And nobody can drive a blues rythm into the ground like Bonzo. I love the background sounds too. The second keyboard especially.

On the same album there is I Can't Quit You which is just as inventive and the drum slavos are increadible. The guitar tone is also increadible.

I recently heard Joe Bonamassa play tea For One and it reinvigorated my interest in that song. It is an amazing song and I can't seem to get enough of it right now.

SIBLY has always been one of my favorites but I've kind of worn the grooves off the record figuratively speaking.

The blues jam in the middle of the live Whole Lotta Love off Song Remains the Same still blows my mind.

Personally I had a hard time picking.

Now that I look back at my picks and response, I had a hard time too. I am going to stand firm on my two choices, but I have changed opinions with this bands catalog so many times. I would never say my answers are set in stone. This band is too good and sometimes a song sneaks up on you and you learn to love it just as much if not more than some others. I like this topic, but it hurts to choose sometimes. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I love them all. I wish When The Levee Breaks was choice but my vote at this time is:

1. Since I've Been Loving You

2. Bring It On Home

I've been asked by friends what is my favorte album and song etc?. I responded to polls because there fun, but in reality I love them all for very different reasons. That was the beauty of Zeppelin; I love the straight on in your face rock songs as much as I love the sweet sound of Tangerine. The songs never get old to me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Songs like In My Time Of Dying, The Lemon Song, Since I've Been Loving You, Bring It On Home, Tea For One and I'm Gonna Crawl were Led Zeppelin's interpretation of the blues. If your asking me what blues cover is my favorite, then I'd have to say You Shook Me.

• 2 weeks later...

Songs like In My Time Of Dying, The Lemon Song, Since I've Been Loving You, Bring It On Home, Tea For One and I'm Gonna Crawl were Led Zeppelin's interpretation of the blues. If your asking me what blues cover is my favorite, then I'd have to say You Shook Me.

I think they're more interesting and do a better job when they interpret the blues than when trying to do a straight cover.

At any rate, IMTOD is my first pick; TRB second, absent When the Levee Breaks.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Choosed S.I.B.L.Y. as first cause its a song that actually affect my feelings deep inside..Its hard to explain in words,maybe the reason its so awesome.I sounds so epic,and i can almost feel the suffering that Plant try to express with both the lyrics and his dramatic interpretation of them.

Lemon song as second, cause it mixes the "slow" pace of blues with quick and energetics solos,making it a unique combination.

P.S.:I didnt heard all Page's solos so far,but for me, the one in Since I've Been Loving you is the most beautiful and sentimental from the ones i've listened to.

• 4 months later...

My personal favorite would actually be I'm Gonna Crawl. Since I've Been Loving You would probably be second. Both are what might be considered elegant blues numbers. I have a fondness for that style of blues - more melodic, smooth in execution and often feature a bittersweet and memorable solo. I also think that both songs are amongst Zep's most original blues numbers.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived