Jimmy's Book: VERY Limited Edition!

mstork

I got an email back. It had the Zoso sign...sorry it did not come through when I copied and pasted it here. It also stated more details coming in the next few weeks!!

Genesis Publications Ltd [mailto:mailing@genesis-publications.com]

Sent:

Monday, February 08, 2010 10:14 AM

To:

Subject:

JIMMY PAGE - Thank you for registering

If you are having difficulty viewing this email, please

click here.

I got an email back. It had the Zoso sign...sorry it did not come through when I copied and pasted it here. It also stated more details coming in the next few weeks!!

Genesis Publications Ltd [mailto:mailing@genesis-publications.com]

Sent:

Monday, February 08, 2010 10:14 AM

To:

Subject:

JIMMY PAGE - Thank you for registering

If you are having difficulty viewing this email, please

click here.

I got the same. I can't wait. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing ... :D I still have not received any additional emails since the first one(few post back) on 2/8....has anyone else received any kind of update?

I have not either, but we may be getting one soon, hopefully. :D

yeah i asked for more info. and i still have not gotten it

I have been waiting and waiting to get the special brochure from Genesis for the next step to order the book. I really hope it's soon, now.

I have been waiting and waiting to get the special brochure from Genesis for the next step to order the book. I really hope it's soon, now.

I am waiting as well. No emails as a follow up as of today. Hopefully the brochure will arrive soon :yesnod:

This from Genesis Publications:

The process of producing any new book, particularly high quality limited editions such as we produce, is quite complicated and requires us to ensure that all details have been finalized before we make specific announcements and start to take orders. We cannot put ourselves in a position where we state something that doesn't eventually happen. The Jimmy Page project is ongoing and while the book will definitely be published, there are still a few minor points that need resolving. It is for this reason that we have not yet released any further information.

Providing everything goes to plan, we hope to release further detailed information within the next two weeks at the latest. Existing Genesis customers will be mailed as a matter of course along with potential purchasers who have registered their interest in the book.

The book is likely to be priced in the range £300-400. If there is a Deluxe edition within the overall total limited edition then this might be slightly more expensive but again, confirmation will be issued soon.

We are probably looking at an official release date of April/May 2010. Depending on numbers of orders received, books will likely be dispatched over a period of a couple of months after first publication. Orders will be processed on a 'first come, first served basis' and finished books will be dispatched in the same order.

I hope that this provides you with an update of sorts pending the release of the official announcement.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm... I'm on the fence. I really don't want to spend that much for a book (the most I've spent was on Madonna's spiral bound coffee table book, but that was only in the $100+ range, if I remember correctly). Especially if it's just mostly photos. What I am personally interested is a real, honest, and all-encompassing autobigraphy along the lines of what Anthony Kiesdis did. I'm interested in the person, his life, and everything about it -- not just photos. Does anyone know if the Jimmy Page book is a real memoir WITH photos or if it's more of a photo book with a few personal anecdotes?

Thanks,

Staci

Just to keep this thread current:

The Deluxe Edition of 350 copies is SOLD OUT.

According to Bruce at Genesis Publications, Jimmy reserved #666 of the Collector's Edition for himself. cool.gif

tks. for this update SAJ, that is interesting, as expected, #666 Edition will never be on $ale, the Fate of this particular Edition will forever be mysterious as The Man is Himself... Most Excellent!!!

Just to keep this thread current:

The Deluxe Edition of 350 copies is SOLD OUT.

According to Bruce at Genesis Publications, Jimmy reserved #666 of the Collector's Edition for himself. cool.gif

Steve,

What are the differences in the collectors edition and the deluxe editon? Is the only difference the case and the full leather compared to the quarter bound leather and case in the collectors editon. It seems like for another five hundred US dollars that's pretty steep. I am all for paying the money but it doesn't seem like you get that much more for the deluxe except for it being more exclusive. How are the sales for the collectors edition?

Thanks,

Ben

Steve,

What are the differences in the collectors edition and the deluxe editon? Is the only difference the case and the full leather compared to the quarter bound leather and case in the collectors editon. It seems like for another five hundred US dollars that's pretty steep. I am all for paying the money but it doesn't seem like you get that much more for the deluxe except for it being more exclusive. How are the sales for the collectors edition?

Thanks,

Ben

Yes, and it's limited to 350 copies. Sales of the Collector's Edition are brisk.

Even if I had the money to buy the book, I doubt I would buy it. I love Jimmy don't get me wrong, but that's a lot of money for a book. Yes, you can get it signed by Jimmy, but c'mon....seriously? I could fly to England or London and find Mr. Page myself for that kind of money. I don't know. Maybe I just had to blow off some steam.

Even if I had the money to buy the book, I doubt I would buy it. I love Jimmy don't get me wrong, but that's a lot of money for a book. Yes, you can get it signed by Jimmy, but c'mon....seriously? I could fly to England or London and find Mr. Page myself for that kind of money. I don't know. Maybe I just had to blow off some steam.

I wouldnt pay that much for it either(although rock photography generally doesnt interst me a great deal) but these prices arent really that extreme. High end art books have really taken off in recent years and its not just because their limated edition, the reproduction of the photography/art is miles better than a typical $30 Zep book would be.

It means that those "lucky" buyers will tell us how wonderful this "precious" book is....a book for a select few, a few "initiated"... and, just for curiosity, you also know how much it costs?dry.gif

Archived