Led Zeppelin - TSRTS vs. Pink FLoyd - Live at Pompeii

CHGOLZFAN

Led Zeppelin - TSRTS vs. Pink FLoyd - Live at Pompeii  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Your desert island suitcase has room for only one of these dvd's. Which one will you choose?

• Led Zeppelin - TSRTS
    • Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii

Your desert island suitcase has room for only one of these dvd's. Which one will you choose?

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same

-or-

Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii

Have you seen the SE PF - Live at Pompeii that came out last year ? ? ?

I like most all of the DVD... the lava scenes, the outdoor performance scenes, and the indoor interview and perfomances!!

It's got to be TSRTS.....I like pink Floyd and all, but live at Pompeii ain't no dark side of OZ.....TSRTS goes along with power or as some one once said "cosmic energy".....Pompeii is a bore.....Floyd could of done much better attempting a film base like TSRTS........They did in the 90's but it wasn't the 70's......fucking laser shows.....what ever happened to the mushroom cloud smoke and the crazy colours the Door's used?

Pompeii for two reasons:

1. Eddie Edwards hasn't determined it was a cut-and-paste job.

2. Echoes and One of These Days bury every one of those chop jobs on TSRTS (though D&C on the original release of TSRTS is right there with those two).

However, they are two different feels in terms of movies. Pompeii is more of a documentary, whereas TSRTS was arranged to be a movie experience rather than a purely live performance.

Ask me this question again but with the RAH show, and I'd likely give a completely different answer though.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the desert island in the Atlantic or The Pacific. What kind of a dvd player Blu-ray or HD. couldn't i just not bring the extra pair of underwear and bring both. I never seen the pink floyd DVD and i just recently just starting to listen floyd live so i will go and watch it since i have never seen it. and sound like its good

• 2 weeks later...
Pink Floyd. I get sick of Led Zeppelin if I listen to them too much. I need to take breaks so I don't get burnt out. Pink Floyd on the other hand.....I could listen to them forever.

Say WHAT?

*walks away*

'tis not jocking if it's purely mocking. Or for your benefit, moqqing. :D

Hmmm, lemme think. Nope. I personally think it's hilarious that you have a problem with someone stating they can get sick of listening to a band.

And nothing is for my benefit, so nice try, but no dice.

Hmmm, lemme think. Nope. I personally think it's hilarious that you have a problem with someone stating they can get sick of listening to a band.

And nothing is for my benefit, so nice try, but no dice.

I have a problem with nothing. I just find it hilarious that YOU had the EXACT reaction to someone's view on post-Barett Pink Floyd being "overrated." If you can't see the subtle mockery of your own hypocrisy, then I'm certainly not going to spell it out for you, ma'am. :wave:

As a film I'd say Live at Pompeii is much more sucessful. Both have good music(although not up to the either bands peak from that era IMHO) but Floyd's film does a much better job of backing it up with visuals, tracks like Echoes and Set The Controls have a great atmosphere.

I actually move have loved to see Zep take the same route and do a film recorded in 1 more more exotic locations, like Floyd's I'd say the music would be very well suited to it.

As a film I'd say Live at Pompeii is much more sucessful. Both have good music(although not up to the either bands peak from that era IMHO) but Floyd's film does a much better job of backing it up with visuals, tracks like Echoes and Set The Controls have a great atmosphere.

I actually move have loved to see Zep take the same route and do a film recorded in 1 more more exotic locations, like Floyd's I'd say the music would be very well suited to it.

I would beg to guess that the outdoors sequences in No Quarter/Unledded were an homage to the Pompeii film.

TSRTS without thinking.

PF are a great band but their concerts are too much precise, trying to stick to the album sound, which however renders their gigs a bit..lifeless.

They lack the undescribable something that makes Led Zeppelin concerts so much ALIVE and sparkling with energy.

TSRTS without thinking.

PF are a great band but their concerts are too much precise, trying to stick to the album sound, which however renders their gigs a bit..lifeless.

They lack the undescribable something that makes Led Zeppelin concerts so much ALIVE and sparkling with energy.

You obviously have not watched Pompeii. There's tons of improv.

Archived