Embryo No.2

Achilles Last Stand

ive been trying to figure it out and i just cant get it right. i have figured out a little bit of Embryo #1 though im not a good tabber. also off topic here for a second is this possibly a taste of music to come from Jimmys new recording "stuff"? i hope so

From my common musical knowledge, I know that Embryo 1 is in Open G tuning (In My Time Of Dying, Travelling Riverside Blues) so he'll be using chords like Bb, C and D and possibly Em.

Jimmy has said that they are "sketchs". In my mind, he will hark back to his blues heroes and use the idea in Embryo 1 and I really hope he develops Embryo 2. To me, its good as an instrumental, the musical statement he is making in that idea is so powerful!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

From my common musical knowledge, I know that Embryo 1 is in Open G tuning (In My Time Of Dying, Travelling Riverside Blues) so he'll be using chords like Bb, C and D and possibly Em.

I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure that Embryo #1 was in open D (DADF#AD). Atleast that's how I figured it out.

As far as Embryo #2 is concerned, I believe Page is actually playing a 6-string bass (Fender Custom Shop 'Bajo Sexto') - shaped like a tele with a whammy (essentially a baritone Telecaster). He had it custom built for him in the 90's, I think. Pretty damn cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought the posters on this thread might find this to be of interest, so here is a link (below) to my lyrics & melodies for Jimmy Page’s Embryos (with a couple others to additional Jimmy Page instrumentals coming along later...) .

Embryo # 2, specifically, is the one called Fhear a’ Bhata - here I used a traditional lyric - there’s a version by Sandy Denny, though I learned it from Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir and Ed Trickett (from the album All Shall Be Well Again)... I substantially rearranged the melody and chorus reversed the order of two of the verses to fit Jimmy’s instrumental... I had always wanted to do a more intense version of this song... and Jimmy’s characteristically intense piece has given me a chance to do this..! Thank you, Jimmy ! :)

The other two (and the future ones mentioned) are my own lyrics & melodies - here Jimmy has given me a use for my poetry writing - Thanks again, Jimmy !

Important Disclamer: I have dubbed my work over recordings of the instrumentals downloaded from Jimmy Page.com & YouTube - the instrumentals are Jimmy’s, of course, and NOT mine !

Here is the link:

Kathleen Mary Parker Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the posters on this thread might find this to be of interest, so here is a link (below) to my lyrics & melodies for Jimmy Page’s Embryos (with a couple others to additional Jimmy Page instrumentals coming along later...) .

Embryo # 2, specifically, is the one called Fhear a’ Bhata - here I used a traditional lyric - there’s a version by Sandy Denny, though I learned it from Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir and Ed Trickett (from the album All Shall Be Well Again)... I substantially rearranged the melody and chorus reversed the order of two of the verses to fit Jimmy’s instrumental... I had always wanted to do a more intense version of this song... and Jimmy’s characteristically intense piece has given me a chance to do this..! Thank you, Jimmy ! :)

The other two (and the future ones mentioned) are my own lyrics & melodies - here Jimmy has given me a use for my poetry writing - Thanks again, Jimmy !

Important Disclamer: I have dubbed my work over recordings of the instrumentals downloaded from Jimmy Page.com & YouTube - the instrumentals are Jimmy’s, of course, and NOT mine !

Here is the link:

My new demo of lyrics & melody for Jimmy Page's "Summer's Day" acoustic instrumental is now available.

Once again, I have dubbed my vocals over Jimmy's instrumental, here downloaded from JimmyPage.com...

ONLY THE VOCALS ARE MINE - THE GUITAR IS JIMMY'S (OF COURSE !).

Here is the link:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived