Unofficial News

Zeppeholic

I have some VERY direct lines to Robert Plant and here is what the "plan" is for 2008.

1. Robert was surprisingly revitalized by the recent rehearsals. The sound was crisp as was the energy. However, Plant does not want to do the Classic Rock tour that seems to be common with a lot of the 70s bands. That is why the group is focusing on some of the Zep Catalog that has not been overplayed and over exposed. This gives the band a chance to feel fresh at the 02 show.

2. Robert is holding all judgement on Zep future collaboration until after O2. Very important is how the sound is, how tight the band is, and how his voice can adapt to songs written more than 30 years ago. IF all goes well, then this will lay the ground work for future work.

3. Absolutely NO tours in 2008. Here is why. He has committed to his project with Allison and his tour is slated for spring/summer. He wants to give this project is total due, and does not want it in any way slighted or overshawdowed by Led Zeppelin. Robert feels this project is some of his bet work, and he wants a chance to see it to fruition.

4. Once the tour with Allison is complete, Plant, Jones, and Page will meet to discuss writing and recording NEW material. This will also involve Jason Bonham. The TENTATIVE plan is for the group to regroup in later summer/early fall 2008 to see IF they can make new music that:

a. Excites them

b. Is reflective on now, not a rehash of earlier zepp albums

IF these things can happen, then a NEW Zeppelin album will be recorded.

5. Lastly, depending on reception of the new album, they will regroup to tour in 2009. They will showcase the new album on the tour, but also mix in tasty selections from their catalogue.

So the bottom line is there are a lot of IFs, and not one is about money. Its about making music that is exciting. If Plant feels the group can re-capture that, he is in. Otherwise, this will be the last call. Thats his view.

I have some VERY direct lines to Robert Plant and here is what the "plan" is for 2008.

1. Robert was surprisingly revitalized by the recent rehearsals. The sound was crisp as was the energy. However, Plant does not want to do the Classic Rock tour that seems to be common with a lot of the 70s bands. That is why the group is focusing on some of the Zep Catalog that has not been overplayed and over exposed. This gives the band a chance to feel fresh at the 02 show.

2. Robert is holding all judgement on Zep future collaboration until after O2. Very important is how the sound is, how tight the band is, and how his voice can adapt to songs written more than 30 years ago. IF all goes well, then this will lay the ground work for future work.

3. Absolutely NO tours in 2008. Here is why. He has committed to his project with Allison and his tour is slated for spring/summer. He wants to give this project is total due, and does not want it in any way slighted or overshawdowed by Led Zeppelin. Robert feels this project is some of his bet work, and he wants a chance to see it to fruition.

4. Once the tour with Allison is complete, Plant, Jones, and Page will meet to discuss writing and recording NEW material. This will also involve Jason Bonham. The TENTATIVE plan is for the group to regroup in later summer/early fall 2008 to see IF they can make new music that:

a. Excites them

5. Lastly, depending on reception of the new album, they will regroup to tour in 2009. They will showcase the new album on the tour, but also mix in tasty selections from their catalogue.

So the bottom line is there are a lot of IFs, and not one is about money. Its about making music that is exciting. If Plant feels the group can re-capture that, he is in. Otherwise, this will be the last call. Thats his view.

Thanks for spelling that out. That's pretty much exactly how I was reading the tea leaves. No member of Led Zeppelin has been as consistently dedicated to staying prolific and keeping it real. I'm going to focus on my own health and wealth so I can be there if it works out. Looking forward to Krauss-Plant in the North West of the US.

WOW, this sounds excellent! Just the thought of it makes me euphoric. I will keep praying & chanting.......OMMMM.

Thanks for sharing.

Very promising. Sounds exactly as it should be.

Chanting with Angel... Om mani padme hum Om mani padme hum Om mani padme hum Om mani padme hum

Thanks for sharing, hope you're not pulling our chains. :mellow:

a. Excites them

How does everyone know that this guy is telling the truth without any valid source or proof? This is all speculation. Period.

If this came from a few certain people here, I'd trust it.

Someone joins the site and makes this his/her first post? Not so sure. It really reads as a regurgitation of everything we already know, minus the alleged specifics on new material.

Someone joins the site and makes this his/her first post? Not so sure. It really reads as a regurgitation of everything we already know, minus the alleged specifics on new material.

Funny... this makes me think of a Pearl Jam story. Eddie Vedder said he would periodically take a look at the internet forums about Pearl Jam but would never participate. One day he decided to open an anonymous account to respond with the real lyrics of "Yellow Ledbetter" to settle a heated discussion. His contribution was dismissed quickly as newbie nonsense.

The point being that yeah, you don't know who this guy is or what his ties to the band may or may not be... you don't know one way or another.

a. Excites them

:coffee:

That makes a nice blueprint, but it may not be the real last call. If what you say is correct, remember this is coming from a guy who in the past has been known to tell the audience he is returning soon. His concepts of "soon" and "last call" may be a little up for grabs, so to speak, and perhaps represent his attitude and outlook more than what may actually happen. Everything in life is relative.

Anybody can come on this board and make shit up, doesn't matter if you're a newbie or a long time regular in this forum. This is the internet, you can't trust any news posted anywhere here or anywhere else online. When you hear the "official" news from the band themselves, then you can believe it.

This "update" into the possible 2008/2009 plans for any Led Zepplin activity makes complete sense, thank you for your post it appears we will have to wait for another year for our dreams to be realized.

To Jason, John, Robert and Jimmy break a leg on Monday Boyz !!!!!!

RjK

I didn't take the original message as the "gospel truth". But even the remote possibility of those future events happening gives me a good feeling inside so I thanked him for giving me that brief moment of "dreamtime". I hope that no one here is so gullible as to take a statement like "I've heard from a reliable source.... :blahblah: " as fact.

Hi SunChild :wave: This is for you, you can right-click & set it as a desktop item...... prwhbl2-.gif

I didn't take the original message as the "gospel truth". But even the remote possibility of those future events happening gives me a good feeling inside so I thanked him for giving me that brief moment of "dreamtime". I hope that no one here is so gullible as to take a statement like "I've heard from a reliable source.... :blahblah: " as fact.

Hi SunChild :wave: This is for you, you can right-click & set it as a desktop item...... prwhbl2-.gif

Hey,

I am still dieing to see your angel pray some more.....you know the woke up praying thing. Come on Angel????? Get that winged wanged winkies praying.

Rolls>> :wacko:

a. Excites them

I KNOW A SOURCE OF INFO HE HAS TOLD ME A TOUR IS ALREADY IN THE WORKS BUT THE BAND IS KEEPING IT QUIET .IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW WELL 02 GOES ! AN MY SOURCE IS ON HIS WAY TO LONDON, IF HE IS NOT ALREADY THERE, AN HE DIDNT GET HIS TICKETS THE WAY EVERYONE ELSE HAD TO GET THERES !

Bottom line, I REALLY don't see them (especially Robert), making a new album and calling it Led Zeppelin without Bonzo. Just won't happen.

I do agree. I also believe Jimmy's well ran dry after Munich, 1975. He's still a brilliant concert guitarist, but simply has NOT written a truly memorable riff in over 30 years. JPJ's solo albums are, how can I put this, boring beyond the first listen. Robert's lyrics have never been better but the vocal range is diminished. Their legacy would be far better served by releasing concerts from their golden era on their own label. Putting my flame suit on.

RUMOURS FLY EVEN FASTER ON THE INTERNET VERSUS WHAT WENT ON BACK IN THE DAY WHEN YOU HAD TO WAIT FOR THE RAG TO COME OUT WITH THE UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL RESPONSE TO WHATEVER.................I WONDER IF ROBERT WAS ASKED 40 YRS AGO MUSICALLY WHERE WILL HE BE AT .......................WHY AT THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL LED ZEPPELIN O2 GIMMICK...WHERE RUMOURS FLY AND ALONG WITH THE TICKET PRICES AND DRUID RULES FOR ENTRY.....

Archived