Unofficial News

Zeppeholic

Thanks for spelling that out. That's pretty much exactly how I was reading the tea leaves. No member of Led Zeppelin has been as consistently dedicated to staying prolific and keeping it real. I'm going to focus on my own health and wealth so I can be there if it works out. Looking forward to Krauss-Plant in the North West of the US.

money talks but cant believe

NO MATTER WHAT THE DECISION IS, I RESPECT IT.NO ONE CAN SOUND THE SAME THRO THE YEARS, OR MAYBE NEVER CAN THE ORIGIONAL BE DUPLICATED I CAN ONLY PRAY TO BE ABLE TO SEE THEM IN NYC BEFORE I DIE. I AM 51 NOW AND DISABLED. WE CAN NOT STOP TIME, IT IS NICE TO DREAM THO ROBIN TORRO

I have some VERY direct lines to Robert Plant and here is what the "plan" is for 2008.

1. Robert was surprisingly revitalized by the recent rehearsals. The sound was crisp as was the energy. However, Plant does not want to do the Classic Rock tour that seems to be common with a lot of the 70s bands. That is why the group is focusing on some of the Zep Catalog that has not been overplayed and over exposed. This gives the band a chance to feel fresh at the 02 show.

2. Robert is holding all judgement on Zep future collaboration until after O2. Very important is how the sound is, how tight the band is, and how his voice can adapt to songs written more than 30 years ago. IF all goes well, then this will lay the ground work for future work.

3. Absolutely NO tours in 2008. Here is why. He has committed to his project with Allison and his tour is slated for spring/summer. He wants to give this project is total due, and does not want it in any way slighted or overshawdowed by Led Zeppelin. Robert feels this project is some of his bet work, and he wants a chance to see it to fruition.

4. Once the tour with Allison is complete, Plant, Jones, and Page will meet to discuss writing and recording NEW material. This will also involve Jason Bonham. The TENTATIVE plan is for the group to regroup in later summer/early fall 2008 to see IF they can make new music that:

a. Excites them

b. Is reflective on now, not a rehash of earlier zepp albums

IF these things can happen, then a NEW Zeppelin album will be recorded.

5. Lastly, depending on reception of the new album, they will regroup to tour in 2009. They will showcase the new album on the tour, but also mix in tasty selections from their catalogue.

So the bottom line is there are a lot of IFs, and not one is about money. Its about making music that is exciting. If Plant feels the group can re-capture that, he is in. Otherwise, this will be the last call. Thats his view.

This "update" into the possible 2008/2009 plans for any Led Zepplin activity makes complete sense, thank you for your post it appears we will have to wait for another year for our dreams to be realized.

To Jason, John, Robert and Jimmy break a leg on Monday Boyz !!!!!!

RjK

God, no...Jimmy broke a finger and nearly put paid to me being able to see them!

God, no...Jimmy broke a finger and nearly put paid to me being able to see them!

Yeah, we especially don't want Jason to break a leg. And gods only know that Plant already did in that accident in '75.

regardless of rumor or fact- I like the logic. I would MUCH rather get a new album out of these guys (whatever they call it) then stand in a stadium listening to them play black dog or whole lotta love for the zillionth time. New music from them will be the ultimate.

The fact he says they will be playing under-played songs is enough to get me very excited for this show.

My thoughts on this thread.

On all messageboards there are people who claim to be 'in the know' and reveal information from some oblique source that can't be named. I think it makes them feel important. The first post in this thread is exactly that. It's what any of us could come up with if we were asked to speculate on what will happen.

If they carry on with Jason and record & tour there's no way it won't be under the name of Led Zeppelin. It would be crazy not to.

Speculation or no, it makes perfect sense to me.

It makes sense but that dont make it so - My view is that the decision to play additional shows has already been made in the affirmative-what happens after that is the uncertainty. Plant does seem intent on the Krauss gigs and that will be great, but there is no reason why he cant and wont turn to Zepp once thats done

My thoughts on this thread.

On all messageboards there are people who claim to be 'in the know' and reveal information from some oblique source that can't be named. I think it makes them feel important. The first post in this thread is exactly that. It's what any of us could come up with if we were asked to speculate on what will happen.

If they carry on with Jason and record & tour there's no way it won't be under the name of Led Zeppelin. It would be crazy not to.

Ok, stop bashing the guy for making up "false rumors" or "lieing" or "trying to feel important". He's just sharing his interpretation of the known facts, something many of us have had trouble doing. To me, it sounds like a good interpretation, I'll follow it.

I have some VERY direct lines to Robert Plant and here is what the "plan" is for 2008.

1. Robert was surprisingly revitalized by the recent rehearsals. The sound was crisp as was the energy. However, Plant does not want to do the Classic Rock tour that seems to be common with a lot of the 70s bands. That is why the group is focusing on some of the Zep Catalog that has not been overplayed and over exposed. This gives the band a chance to feel fresh at the 02 show.

2. Robert is holding all judgement on Zep future collaboration until after O2. Very important is how the sound is, how tight the band is, and how his voice can adapt to songs written more than 30 years ago. IF all goes well, then this will lay the ground work for future work.

3. Absolutely NO tours in 2008. Here is why. He has committed to his project with Allison and his tour is slated for spring/summer. He wants to give this project is total due, and does not want it in any way slighted or overshawdowed by Led Zeppelin. Robert feels this project is some of his bet work, and he wants a chance to see it to fruition.

4. Once the tour with Allison is complete, Plant, Jones, and Page will meet to discuss writing and recording NEW material. This will also involve Jason Bonham. The TENTATIVE plan is for the group to regroup in later summer/early fall 2008 to see IF they can make new music that:

a. Excites them

b. Is reflective on now, not a rehash of earlier zepp albums

IF these things can happen, then a NEW Zeppelin album will be recorded.

5. Lastly, depending on reception of the new album, they will regroup to tour in 2009. They will showcase the new album on the tour, but also mix in tasty selections from their catalogue.

So the bottom line is there are a lot of IFs, and not one is about money. Its about making music that is exciting. If Plant feels the group can re-capture that, he is in. Otherwise, this will be the last call. Thats his view.

Till people are proven wrong or worse liars, I give them the benefit of the doubt. As yet Zeppeholic has not been proven anything let him be time will sort out the truth.

RjK

All he need do is reveal his very direct line to Robert Plant.

If he comes back and says

My next door neighbour's sister's, brothers, window cleaner's, goldfish's, hamster's, uncle lives next door to Robert Plant's hair dresser's, uncle's, mother's, undertaker's, cousin's, dog's, cat's, Chiropracter's, grandmother and that's how I got the information and we'll believe him.

I didn't take the original message as the "gospel truth". But even the remote possibility of those future events happening gives me a good feeling inside so I thanked him for giving me that brief moment of "dreamtime". I hope that no one here is so gullible as to take a statement like "I've heard from a reliable source.... :blahblah: " as fact.

Hi SunChild :wave: This is for you, you can right-click & set it as a desktop item...... prwhbl2-.gif

:wave: Hi Angel! Thanks so much.

I have the biggest frickin' grin on my face today. Wore black, white & red to work, too. Probably get fired for hanging out on the 'net all day.

om mani padme hum om mani padme hum om mani padme hum om mani padme hum om mani padme hum

Ok well im not sure if this was brought up anywhere else and im sorry if it was but i just heard on a local radio station that zeppelin is supposed to be the headline act at the boneroo festival in tennesee and then i just got an email that said Led Zeppelin themselves announced that they were headlining it..i havnt heard much hype about it or many ppl talking of it at all really yet.... thats why im skeptical of wether this news is really true or not..just wondering if anyone else has heard bout this?

Archived