Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zepps_apprentice

Best Songs NOT Played Live

62 posts in this topic

What are some orf your favorite songs that Zep never played live. Mine would be

Custard Pie

Off the top of my head:

Houses of The Holy

Living Loving Maid

HOTRH

I think they played the Lemon Song onceor twice as Killing Floor, but I havent heard of if they played it as the Lemon Song.

Off the top of my head:

Houses of The Holy

Living Loving Maid

HOTRH

I think they played the Lemon Song onceor twice as Killing Floor, but I havent heard of if they played it as the Lemon Song.

just keep listening....

great song choices btw

"The Rover". Sorry, the intro does NOT count so don't bother posting as if they had performed the song. Other than that I would have liked "In The Light" & "Carouselambra" as well.

"The Rover". Sorry, the intro does NOT count so don't bother posting as if they had performed the song. Other than that I would have liked "In The Light" & "Carouselambra" as well.

actually i heard them play the rover once ill hopefully get a link up if i can ifind it

actually i heard them play the rover once ill hopefully get a link up if i can ifind it

I didn't even listen to it but I'm betting it's from the soundcheck boot that includes "Night Flight" & various 50's covers. I don't count them as live versions if they're not part of a live concert set done in front of an audience.

Tea For One. While Plant/Page might have done it, the whole of Led Zeppelin did not, and that's a damn shame. I love it. I know they tried to do When The Levee Breaks, but they couldn't re-create the drum sound that is featured on the album, so that'll be another choice.

I didn't even listen to it but I'm betting it's from the soundcheck boot that includes "Night Flight" & various 50's covers. I don't count them as live versions if they're not part of a live concert set done in front of an audience.

I listened to it & yeah, that's where it's from, the Chicago soundcheck.

As "The Rover" is my favorite Zeppelin song- that would be my choice for best song not played live.

oh i see then. well i shall have to change my list. The Rover is at the top now

The Rover and in the light would've created a hell of a row if they were played on-stage, In the light organs were hard to recreate on stage, but why haven't they played the rover on-stage, ooh that dirty Riff :)

In the light I don't think they have done it live, but with so many bootlegs from so many countries you never know.

In The Light

For Your Life ... (I know 02)

Friends

Top 10 Ranked:

1.Fool in the Rain

2.Hey Hey What Can I Do

3.Down By the Seaside

4.Houses of the Holy

5.Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)

6.Ozone Baby

7.Custard Pie

8.Candy Store Rock

9.Tea For One

10.I'm Gonna Crawl

In The Light

For Your Life ... (I know 02)

Friends

They played friends once in Japan in 72 I think.

Four Sticks, which they did only once in Copenhagen or wherever it was, wish there were a soundboard of that show from May 1971.

One of the great features of the Page/Plant reunion was that they played so many of the songs that Led Zeppelin never did.

Hot's on for Nowhere, I love that song and it has one of Jimmy's most insane solo's ever...I love it!!!

"Houses of the Holy", "Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)", "In The Light", "Night Flight", and I definitely wish they played "Gallows Pole" a LOT more