Best Songs NOT Played Live

zepps_apprentice

With many of the great songs on the albums I find it understandable that they didn't play them live, for various reasons. I can't really imagine In the Light as part of the setlist, although it's a great song. The Rover is another story, and so is Tea For One - with the latter I think it's more the similarity to Since I've Been Loving You than anything else ... after all, it was a kind of conscious revisiting of that earlier song, which they did play a lot.

they played the rover's dirty filthy riff in Seattle '77 just before Sick again ... i just found that out and i absolutely loved it :) ... and i love Page & plant's four sticks in '94 ... i love the dedication ... made me so sad .. that no one will ever play it as good as bonzo ... but then michael lee picks 2 sticks in each hand and starts hitting the drums like a madman .... and then HE dies :( ... why is the zeppelin drummer always dead.

Ramble On was definitely my favorite not played live originally but I didn't count it in my list because of the O2 show. For Your Life would have also been on my list but not near as high. I'm glad they did eventually play them both.

• 1 month later...

Well, since my favourite Zeppelin album is Presence, I'd say everything that hasn't been played from it.

The Rover had to be performed live and I don't get why they wouldn't do it.

LLM is one of my favourites too and I wished they'd done it love once.

And of course Ramble on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In the Light

The Rover

The Wanton Song

Hots On For Nowhere

Gallows Pole

Carouselambra

The Crunge - full version of the song

and that The Lemon Song was kept in the set list

I'm sure I'm leaving something out.

Robert did In the Light in Dallas in rehearsals

it did not blow

Tea for one was played live by P&P in Japan, 1996. it Blew. and Jimmy played hots on for nowhere with the black crows, it also blew, In the light was also played by Jimmy and the black crows, and it blew the most.

The songs that haven't been performed at all by LZ , Page/Plant, Page-Black Crowes, Robert with Pearl Jam etc.

Hats off to (Roy Harper)

D'yer Mak'er

The Rover -full version other than soundcheck in chicago 1973 and link for 1977 tour to Sick Again

Houses of the Holy- they rehearsed it for the O2 show

Down by the Seaside-full version, other than lyrics during WLL and Calling to You etc on Page Plant tours

Boogie with Stu

Royal Orleans-would love to hear this live

South Bound Saurez

Carouselambra-was supposed to have been rehearsed for American 1980 tour-only song Jimmy used doubleneck in the studio.

I'm Gonna Crawl

Poor Tom

Walters Walk-full version-not just riffs in Dazed and Confused

Ozone Baby

Darlene

The girl I love

Baby come on home

The Rover

In The Light

Houses of the Holy ( Pre-O2 rumors mentioned that they were rehearsing this for inclusion in the set)

Carouselambra

Your Time Is Gonna Come ( rumored to have been played at early shows but no confirmation to date)

The Rover

In The Light

Houses of the Holy ( Pre-O2 rumors mentioned that they were rehearsing this for inclusion in the set)

Carouselambra

Your Time Is Gonna Come ( rumored to have been played at early shows but no confirmation to date)

Your time is gonna come was also rehearsed with a pedal steel for the US 1977 tour-but dropped. And yes Houses of the Holy was one of the first songs rehearsed for the O2 show.

Tea for one was played live by P&P in Japan, 1996. it Blew. and Jimmy played hots on for nowhere with the black crows, it also blew, In the light was also played by Jimmy and the black crows, and it blew the most.

Everybody's a critic! :rolleyes:

Archived