Taylor Swift is "the voice of this generation"

Wolfman

http://www.comcast.net/articles/music/20100204/US.People.Taylor.Swift/

I've yet to hear this girl sound good live. Everytime she sings live, her voice sounds average at best. As a matter of fact, she sounded terrible a few times too. That's what crack me up about the producers who defend her. If she can't sing well live than don't try to fake us out that she can. TS is a cute girl who seems to have a good heart, but she obviously is not as talented as her tremendous sales numbers would indicate. If she's the voice of this generation than I really feel sorry for the kids of America. I guess she fits though. This Twilight/ Miley Cyrus-loving generation seem to have no clue what true talent is all about. Whatever they show on TV is what they believe in. Very sad. Rant over now.

My girls love Taylor Swift, but she sounded horrible with Stevie Nicks at the Grammy's. God bless Stevie for being so gracious about it.

And poor Leif Garrett; that is so sad. I hope he can overcome his addictions. :(

My girls love Taylor Swift, but she sounded horrible with Stevie Nicks at the Grammy's. God bless Stevie for being so gracious about it.

And poor Leif Garrett; that is so sad. I hope he can overcome his addictions. :(

Why is there mint green paint on his forehead? :D

Taylor Swift is a lovely girl, but I don't think that she can sing well, based on her performance at the Grammies. I have never heard any of her recordings so I can only judge by her live performances. Her recordings may be over produced or they may have used some type of pitch adjustments on her voice to make her sound good, I don't know, but she was way off tune in that duet with Stevie Nicks.

People are like sheep sometimes. They follow the crowd, thinking that they are cool because they "like" what they "think" is the "in" group or singer. I guess that young girls liking Taylor Swift is innocent enough. (They could be fans of bands such as Lamb of God or some other death metal band, LOL.) She seems to be a good role model for young girls, at least for the time being, until some sex tape or some such thing is exposed, lol.

She does seem like a good person, and she sings, writes her own songs and plays the guitar.

What a surprise, and contrast between her and Lady Gaga at the Grammys. I would have expected Taylor to sing well live and Lady Gaga to sound awful, but Gaga actually had a good voice when all the electronics were gone, and Taylor didn't (bless her heart).

TS is a cute girl who seems to have a good heart, but she obviously is not as talented as her tremendous sales numbers would indicate.

Since when have sales figures been indicative of talent? Each generation has their own teen idols, it is nothing new.

Don't you think that this is a bit...snarky?

A little bit of trolling and an unnecessary comment?

It might be unnecessary, but personally I think it's not such a proper thing to suggest she is only keeping a "good-girl" facade while having problems in her personal life, and even if she does, that's her personal life, even if you don't like her much as a singer.I don't think she is great as a singer, either.

I don't think Taylor is that 'kind' of girl, IMO. I think she still lives in Nashville, but if she doesn't, she doesn't come across as a party kind of girl, anyway. Definitely not on Lohan scale. She seems like a sweet kid.

Having said that, I can't excuse the terrible way she butchered 'Rhiannon'. I'm a huge Stevie/FM fan and I have that song from just about every tour she ever did ('74-'09) and I've heard some real terrible carnations of it, but, holy batman, that one took the biscuit. Stevie has often said that it's a 'heavy-duty' kind of song to sing, and it can be pretty hard to pull off, so why the fuck they both thought it would be a good choice, I don't know. Taylor's competent enough, in her own special way, but putting herself beside Stevie muthafuckin' Nicks only shows just how limited she really is. I feel sorry for her because she's really been dragged through the mud this week, but I can't understand how it took so long for people to grasp that she's not that spectacular. She sounded weak and reedy beside Stevie, and then peformed two of the most childish sounding songs with her. A 62 year old singing about the bleachers is just embarrassing.

Doesn't Taylor hang out with the sluts of Hollywood. So tell me how is anything but a cumdumster with a cowboy hat. She has some talent, but Miley Cyrus actually has quite a bit of talent. Daddy is trying to sex her up in which its a shame.

Actually her parents have very much tried to keep her grounded. She was put on a limited allowance and wasn't allowed to date etc. I think any temptation towards the party scene is likely coming from the pressures of some of her contemporaries (IMO). So far she seems to have resisted. I don't care for her music but she doesn't bother me. As was mentioned earlier, there will always be teen idols for each generation. She happens to be one of the ones now.

Archived