Best Album Poll

leese13

Good call, Leese. Any album with Nobody`s Fault but Mine, Achilles Last Stand, Tea For One and For Your Life on must be right up there. In fact, you`ve convinced me - Presence is my new favourite Zep album !! Oh, wait a minute....I`ve just spotted Physical Graffiti in my collection......oh bugger, there`s Led Zep II next to it.....and III......and IV......

This isn`t fair, the only harder question to answer would be "What`s your favourite Led Zep song?"

III even if it only had side one!

Does this mean you think side 2 is crap?

III is my favourite album...both sides included.

Picking my second favourite is where I have trouble! I reckon it'd be between IV, Led Zeppelin and Physical Graffiti.

It really depends usually on which one I've listened to last. My answers usually vary from Led Zeppelin II to Led Zeppelin III (especially the "B" side) to Houses of the Holy to Physical Graffiti to In Through The Out Door.

But I'd say currently it's probably going to be either Mothership or The Song Remains The Same since I just bought them (like the rest of you all, heh) and they're getting a lot of playtime right now from me.

Zep II because my dad helped me buy my first car ( a 67 Mustang) which had an 8 track in it. My dad bought me II so I would have something to listen to the first time I took it out on my own. He told me he had no idea who these guys were but my sister had told him Zep was my favorite. Good call sis (and dad). I wore that tape out cause LZII is Classic.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember in the very early 80’s (long before CD’s), a local radio station did a number called “Taken It to the Streets”.

Each week, they would ask people different questions.

One week, the question was “If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only have one album to listen to, what would it be?”

Mine was Physical Graffiti, since it was a double album.

Double the pleasure and many, many great songs!!! :)

I remember in the very early 80’s (long before CD’s), a local radio station did a number called “Taken It to the Streets”.

Each week, they would ask people different questions.

One week, the question was “If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only have one album to listen to, what would it be?”

Mine was Physical Graffiti, since it was a double album.

Double the pleasure and many, many great songs!!! :)

I choose IV..... the first side is unbelievable and the second side is nearly as good.

Until recently my second choice would've been II..... but lately I've been favoring PG it's brilliant, a double album, and it just rocks.

Zep II because my dad helped me buy my first car ( a 67 Mustang) which had an 8 track in it. My dad bought me II so I would have something to listen to the first time I took it out on my own. He told me he had no idea who these guys were but my sister had told him Zep was my favorite. Good call sis (and dad). I wore that tape out cause LZII is Classic.

I too first heard led zepplin II in a 67 Mustang (candy apple red fastback) with an under dash 8 track. what a hoot ,huh.

• 1 month later...

Wow well first let me say my favorite is physical graffitti after that houses of the holy then zep 2 then iv then presence but what amazes me is the amount of people picking presence that is one of my favorites but it was the first one i ever found in a bargin bin. also found coda and zep3 none of which deserve that treatment even coda if you listen to it a few times will grow on you at first i liked 2 tracks now i like them all.

Archived