Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Given the sustained, remarkable level of interest in the Zeppelin Mysteries thread in the main forum, I thought this would be the right time to launch a Photo Forum thread strictly for the purpose of examining obscure Led Zeppelin & related photographs. If you have a photo you are seeking to match against a specific date, concert, event, location

or trying to identify someone depicted with them you've come to the right place.

To get things started, I wish to submit this photograph of Page, Bonham & Plant astride Suzuki motorcycles. I seek

any additional details:

PagewithBonhamPlantonMotorcycles.jpg

Peter20Grants20wife.jpg

Gloria, the petite girl on the right, was a former ballet dancer who married Led Zeppelin manager Peter Grant in 1962.

No other details are known so I'm seeking any further information. I suspect she is wearing a wig and it could be have been staged by film director Peter Clifton circa Autumn 1974, with Clifton's wife on the left.

Edited by SteveAJones

• Administrators

Sydney, Australia 1972, Frenchs Forest

Given the sustained, remarkable level of interest in the Zeppelin Mysteries thread in the main forum, I thought this would be the right time to launch a Photo Forum thread strictly for the purpose of examining obscure Led Zeppelin & related photographs. If you have a photo you are seeking to match against a specific date, concert, event, location

or trying to identify someone depicted with them you've come to the right place.

To get things started, I wish to submit this photograph of Page, Bonham & Plant astride Suzuki motorcycles. I seek

any additional details:

PagewithBonhamPlantonMotorcycles.jpg

Sydney, Australia 1972, Frenchs Forest

Sam, you never cease to amaze me.

Edited to add: Which lead me to further substantiation from John R; photo taken sometime btw Feb 22-24 1972.

I still have a centrefold from The Daily Mirror of Friday, 25th February, 1972 featuring three of the band throwing the (loaned) dirt bikes around the bush at Frenchs Forest. I have laminated this single sheet to prevent further deterioration!

Edited by SteveAJones

Where and when was this taken?

7458.jpg

This photograph was examined very closely in a previous thread. Debate raged over it being either Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta (May 4, 1973) or Tampa Stadium (May 5, 1973). It got to where Meg Ireland was contrasting the shadows from the sun against known stage placement within the venues.

If I recall correctly, consensus from that investigation is it was taken in Atlanta. Worth noting Robert apparently did not wear that shirt during the actual gig in Atlanta but did wear it in Tampa, nor did Jimmy wear that shirt or jeans during

either gig.

This photograph was examined very closely in a previous thread. Debate raged over it being either Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta (May 4, 1973) or Tampa Stadium (May 5, 1973). It got to where Meg Ireland was contrasting the shadows from the sun against known stage placement within the venues.

If I recall correctly, consensus from that investigation is it was taken in Atlanta. Worth noting Robert apparently did not wear that shirt during the actual gig in Atlanta but did wear it in Tampa, nor did Jimmy wear that shirt or jeans during

either gig.

Oh, I see... Anyway, thanks a lot!

John Paul Jones & Jeff Beck with Brian Gregg

Brian Gregg joined his first professional band in 1958 or thereabouts. They were called Les Hobeaux (very chic) and used to play in the famous Two I's coffee bar in London. Gregg was also in a band with Tommy Steele and used to play the bass guitar for Terry Dene, The Vipers, The Blue Flames (with Georgie Fame), The Beat Boys (he was with them from August 1959 to December of that year), Johnny Kidd and The Pirates (mark II - from January to July 1961), Colin Hicks And The Cabin Boys (Hicks was Tommy Steele's younger brother; he toured Italy in July and August 1961 with The Cabin Boys, who subsequently broke up), Billy Fury, The Tornadoes (from March to August 1963 - with Clem Cattini on drums) and various other groups, meaning he'd been in some of the hottest acts around at that time.

The event below was perhaps a private party of some sort. I seek any additional info.

BrianGreggwithJohnPaulJones.jpg

John Paul Jones with Brian Gregg

BrianGreggwithJeffBeck.jpg

Jeff Beck with Brian Gregg

Photos courtesy of Brian Gregg

Edited by SteveAJones

Great find! Aen sketches Jimmy and his attire at this event is ideally suited for her artistic pursuits. She mentioned this was a Faces party...does anyone have more specific details?

This is what I found, but there are not many details.

http://bradelterman.tumblr.com/post/363927360/rock-god-jimmy-page-a-post-concert-party-for-the