Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

ame='badgeholder' date='21 February 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1266791503' post='446702']

The girl looks photoshopped here, though I HAVE seen her in a pic ith Robert, and also two other girls on his right, in the original.

I disagree, the pic is not photoshopped IMHO, if she is, 'tis a damn good job I'd say

the contrast is quite high giving that impression but the hair is real and the face matches the hair

Knebby

Well no - you don't really. I'm sure you have seen pictures of many people in similar poses who weren't groupie-with-target. I have seen many pics of Robert exactly like this with women who were just his mates. I think it's really degrading to class the women as such without even knowing who they are or the story of their friendship with him. If you had the chance to have a similar pic taken with him I think it would really bother you to be dismissed as a "groupie" by people who know nothing AT ALL about you.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

okay man, I don't know why you get so offended!

relax, I only expressed poorly!

okay man, I don't know why you get so offended!

relax, I only expressed poorly!

She was not getting offended, she was simply stating why you should not come too quick to that conclusion. :)

As a musician, Robert Plant has a lot of fans, and as a normal person just we all are, he has (female)friends and relatives just like we do. And it's not surprising at all that he has been photographed with women who are not groupies.

Edited by glicine

I disagree, the pic is not photoshopped IMHO, if she is, 'tis a damn good job I'd say

the contrast is quite high giving that impression but the hair is real and the face matches the hair

Yes, the girl herself is "real," in that she was wearing that outfit etc., but look at the way she seems superimposed on the background (to me, anyway). But like I said, she IS in a pic with Robert and two other girls--wish I could find it!

Yes, the girl herself is "real," in that she was wearing that outfit etc., but look at the way she seems superimposed on the background (to me, anyway). But like I said, she IS in a pic with Robert and two other girls--wish I could find it!

on 2nd examination I think you could be right, nice job if it is a fake, the pixels seem slightly larger than Robs, and there is a slight aura around her hair by the trees

To solve a very minor mystery - at the La Forum show of 6/23/77 - Q: "Why did the band stop after TSRTS, instead of going straight into Sick Again like they always did?"

A: Because the strap on Jimmy's double-neck guitar broke during TSRTS

This photo, dated only "US '77" is actually from 6/23/77. I was there, they tried forever to fix it before the first song ended, but couldn't, so they had to stop while Jimmy got another guitar. In fact, Page drops out of the mix on the 21st at the same spot, so I'm thinking it was a problem that night as well. Ok, I feel better now, carry on!

jimmmy2.jpg

The picture of Robert Plant and two girls is on Page 49 of the Q Classic "Led Zeppelin Classic, Rare and Unseen" from November 2005. It's a Jim Marshall photo from June 1972 in Los Angeles.

Seeking confirmation of the date for the photo below, if they granted an on-air interview and a copy of the broadcast if they did. This was probably media activity to promote their support slot for Thunder in Cambridge on July 5, 2009 that was announced in March 2009:

2009AirraceatStarRadioCambridge.jpg

Airrace (Left to Right): Dean Howard (guitar), Keith Murrell (vocals), David Boyce (bass), Laurie Mansworth (guitar), Jason Bonham (drums)

Star 107.9 FM Cambridge / (107.1 FM in Ely), 20 Mercers Row, Cambridge, CB5 8HY

Edited by SteveAJones

Robert Plant, Sydney (Double Bay) Australia, circa Feb 22-25 1996

"Robert Plant was having breakfast with Jimmy Page in Sydney's prestigious suburb of Double Bay. Both of these musical legends were in town to do some gigs. I went down to the hotel one morning and noticed that they were having breakfast across the road. As Robert was walking back to his hotel I asked if I could take a photo of him. He asked me why I wanted to take a photo of him for. I told him that he was a legend of the 70's and that I enjoyed his music. He then said to me that he can't understand that after all of these years people were still interested in him. Strangely enough he couldn't understand why I wanted to take his photo. As he was about to walk across the street he opened his arms and told me to take the photo". - Richard Simpkin

199602DoubleBayAustraliaRichardSimp.jpg

Photo Credit: Richard Simpkin

Seeking any assistance with confirmation of the date, hotel and restaurant.

Edited by SteveAJones

Robert Plant, Sydney (Double Bay) Australia, circa Feb 22-25 1996

"Robert Plant was having breakfast with Jimmy Page in Sydney's prestigious suburb of Double Bay. Both of these musical legends were in town to do some gigs. I went down to the hotel one morning and noticed that they were having breakfast across the road. As Robert was walking back to his hotel I asked if I could take a photo of him. He asked me why I wanted to take a photo of him for. I told him that he was a legend of the 70's and that I enjoyed his music. He then said to me that he can't understand that after all of these years people were still interested in him. Strangely enough he couldn't understand why I wanted to take his photo. As he was about to walk across the street he opened his arms and told me to take the photo". - Richard Simpkin

199602DoubleBayAustraliaRichardSimp.jpg

Photo Credit: Richard Simpkin

Seeking any assistance with confirmation of the date, hotel and restaurant.

looks like maybe mid 90's or so ide believe

The answer is there on the wall. "Hunter's Restaurant". Google search that and Double Bay and you get...

The Hunter's Lodge Restaurant Celebrity Room 18 Cross St, Double Bay NSW 2028, Australia(02) 9363 1747‎

and Google maps says across Cross Street, you get

Stamford Plaza

clipboard01fc.jpg

Edited by dazedjeffy

The answer is there on the wall. "Hunter's Restaurant". Google search that and Double Bay and you get...

The Hunter's Lodge Restaurant Celebrity Room 18 Cross St, Double Bay NSW 2028, Australia(02) 9363 1747‎

and Google maps says across Cross Street, you get

Stamford Plaza

clipboard01fc.jpg

Agreed! I couldn't read what was on the wall in the original photo.

Seeking confirmation of the date for the photo below, if they granted an on-air interview and a copy of the broadcast if they did. This was probably media activity to promote their support slot for Thunder in Cambridge on July 5, 2009 that was announced in March 2009:

2009AirraceatStarRadioCambridge.jpg

Airrace (Left to Right): Dean Howard (guitar), Keith Murrell (vocals), David Boyce (bass), Laurie Mansworth (guitar), Jason Bonham (drums)

Star 107.9 FM Cambridge / (107.1 FM in Ely), 20 Mercers Row, Cambridge, CB5 8HY

I like the way Dean has ended up with horns :)

Hi Steve! wave.gif

While searching for memorabilia I ran across this:

jimmyimageandwithchrisfarlowe.jpg

Any idea where the images are from? I can send you a link to the piece (the pin) if you want to check out what the description states.

Ever onward.

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

Ok, Robert. I think I've got the second photo solved & the answer lends further credence that the first is also NYC area:

zeppconvention882120.jpg

Chris Farlowe performing 'Prison Blues' (and 'Hummingbird) with Led Zeppelin tribute band Physical Graffiti during this

event:

1988_LedZeppelinConvention-1-1.jpg

Original flyer courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Zep_XerxMadhu.jpg

any more info????

ichard Cole, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Xerxes, Madooo

With Led Zepplin, Bombay, India - 1972

Richard Cole, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Xerxes, Madooo

Almost certainly taken at Slipdisc discoteque in Colaba, Bombay, India the first week of March 1972. It was around the corner from EMI Studios where Page and Plant recorded 'Four Sticks' and 'Friends' with local musicians. While at the disco they allegedly performed 'Whole Lotta Love'.

Almost certainly taken at Slipdisc discoteque in Colaba, Bombay, India the first week of March 1972. It was around the corner from EMI Studios where Page and Plant recorded 'Four Sticks' and 'Friends' with local musicians. While at the disco they allegedly performed 'Whole Lotta Love'.

great, thanx

CF