Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

It's the first filming for TSRTS with Maureen instead of the blonde - Robert's fantasy sequence ;) x

y'know, maureen was/is a stunner. i think she should have been in that sequence instead of the blonde. :)

though the fact she was in the other part of the film may have made that impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

Fascinating! You've indirectly connected Page to Bahia more than a decade prior to public appearances there that are more commonly known. Many thanks! The caption seems to suggest something along the lines of "Jimmy, Charlotte, Scarlet, and Jim Capaldi's daughter arrive at the Copacabana Palace in Rio". It looks as if it could be circa 1982. Still pursuing confirmation.

37358_127598310611339_100000835113667_131575_6574179_n.jpg

Pleased to report Jimmy has confirmed this was his first visit to Brazil "in 1977" and while there he also saw Gal Costa. B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMbCeM0Ro1A

Edited by SteveAJones

Regarding this photo, who is she really? She looks familiar. It was probably taken in New York in May 1984. This magazine routinely published nonsense captions with it's rock star and celebrity photos.

198407CreemRock-Shots.jpg

Creem Rock-Shots (July 1984) (USA)

Scan courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Think the timing was possibly more like 1986, I have some pics of him in that exact outfit from the afternoon of the Leeds Uni gig that year. Anyway, whether 84 or 86 he was living with his girlfriend at the time and she wasn't this lady so we know it's not a romantic attachment ( tho who would rule out a fling? )

Oh just seen the publication date - so I guess he just liked that outfit eh? :)B)

Edited by Knebby

Think the timing was possibly more like 1986, I have some pics of him in that exact outfit from the afternoon of the Leeds Uni gig that year. Anyway, whether 84 or 86 he was living with his girlfriend at the time and she wasn't this lady so we know it's not a romantic attachment ( tho who would rule out a fling? )

Oh just seen the publication date - so I guess he just liked that outfit eh? :)B)

I'm fairly certain on the publication date (July '84) as I clipped it from the original magazine about 20 years ago and wrote the title and date on the back. He was in New York in May '84 to record tracks for The Honeydrippers Vol. I and LGI, founded by Lynn Goldsmith, is a New York-based photo agency. Could have been a fling but I still suspect she may have been a celebrity entering the same club or something.

I show the Leeds gig was March 12, 1986 but so far as I know there are no photographs in circulation.

I'm fairly certain on the publication date (July '84) as I clipped it from the original magazine about 20 years ago and wrote the title and date on the back. He was in New York in May '84 to record tracks for The Honeydrippers Vol. I and LGI, founded by Lynn Goldsmith, is a New York-based photo agency. Could have been a fling but I still suspect she may have been a celebrity entering the same club or something.

I show the Leeds gig was March 12, 1986 but so far as I know there are no photographs in circulation.

I'll PM you one of mine.

Your theory sounds very likely.

.......And the photo was taken September 8, 1968 after their first gig from the pervious day. (Bonzo is at the back left in a purple shirt).

Where did you get that date for this photo? If September 8, 1968 is correct then it was taken in Denmark. They performed twice that day, at Fjordvilla Club Paramount in Roskilde and at Raventlow Parken in Falster.

Where did you get that date for this photo? If September 8, 1968 is correct then it was taken in Denmark. They performed twice that day, at Fjordvilla Club Paramount in Roskilde and at Raventlow Parken in Falster.

Yes, It is Denmark.

It's from Sonic Boom The Impact of Led Zeppelin Volume 1 by Frank Reddon. I scanned the image and posted it at Royal-Orleans and it looks like it ended up here. (or someone else scanned it and put it here)

And Jimmy's shirt looks like the same one he is wearing at the live show 1970 in Tennessee?

Edited by sixpense

Yes, It is Denmark.

It's from Sonic Boom The Impact of Led Zeppelin Volume 1 by Frank Reddon. I scanned the image and posted it at Royal-Orleans and it looks like it ended up here. (or someone else scanned it and put it here)

And Jimmy's shirt looks like the same one he is wearing at the live show 1970 in Tennessee?

I don`t know...that car looks North American, but I can`t say for sure.... What is the source info on the photo in Reddon`s book?

Edited by thozil

I don`t know...that car looks North American, but I can`t say for sure.... What is the source info on the photo in Reddon`s book?

We could use an auto expert to confirm the make and model of the car and perhaps match the plate to a specific area.

It's definitely from Denmark. I remember seeing it in an Danish article some time ago (and which I've lost the pdf of :() where the story behind it was described briefly. The author further wrote about the first Scandinavian tour and (iirc) how he had some trouble finding material for some article that he had to write at the time. This led to that he went to the Gothenburg gig some days later. It might have been him/his photographer who took the photos that were used for the portrait collage, where they all look so pissed off.

tumblr_lml98zIf691ql671io1_500.jpg

What year was this taken? I'm trying to tell by Robert's hair length but I just can't think :slapface:

tumblr_ldn2hjR1gX1qd7t9go1_400.jpg

Also what the hell..

The top photo is from 1979 and the second photo of Robert Plant wearing a mask is from Brighton, Brighton Dome 12-20-72

Here is Bonzo wearing a mask at the same show.

lz19721220_05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know that the Brussels shows in '75 were the last time he wore those pants, but I have never seen the jacket or scarf before. I would love more information.

264437_139060396168197_116414478432789_275623_7200677_n-1.jpg

Don't know much about the jacket or the scarf except he wore them at this show for the first couple of numbers-Rock and Roll and Sick Again.

But the photo I posted below is from the rehearsals for the 1980 European tour and he is wearing another jacket that is similar but a different color.

rehearsal80.jpg

Don't know much about the jacket or the scarf except he wore them at this show for the first couple of numbers-Rock and Roll and Sick Again.

But the photo I posted below is from the rehearsals for the 1980 European tour and he is wearing another jacket that is similar but a different color.

rehearsal80.jpg

I think the jacket in the one I posted looks to be velvet and very likely the same one that he wore to the premiere to the David Essex film that Steve talked about several pages back I think.

1980-03-26-1.jpg

He was wearing that jacket the first time I met him in 1981 at the Golden Lion Charity Raffle presentation.

Golden Lion Charity Raffle 12-15-81

81glc-c.jpg

81glc-a.jpg

81glc-d.jpg

81glc-b.jpg

Now I posted this pic yeeeears ago on here for an opinion, and all I recall was a teeny bit of contention. I don't remember if anyone had a definitive answer.

szx0cm.jpg

I found this pic in a stack of unorganized Zeppelin clippings that I got from... Argentina, I think. The caption's long gone, but it was in Spanish and definitely indicated that it was Jimmy Page. I have a hard time believing it, though. This gentleman seems to have an impressive overbite, which I've never noticed in regards to Jimmy.

Anybody know anything? huh.gif

81glc-c.jpg

81glc-a.jpg

81glc-d.jpg

81glc-b.jpg

Yup, all those pics were taken by one of the mates I was with.