Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Hey Steve,

I've asked before to no avail. Do you know if there are any photos of JP, RP and their traveling companions inside or around Bron-Yr-Aur? I've seen the ones of Jimmy sitting by the creek, but none of them around or inside the cottage. Thanks.

I think these may be from Bron

post-14129-0-32954800-1371496466_thumb.j

post-14129-0-98789600-1371496479_thumb.j

post-14129-0-21071300-1371496496_thumb.j

Hey, I think the second one was confirmed by someone as being from JPJ's home. It does look a little posh from the things I've read about the condition of Bron-Yr-Aur at the time of their visit(s). I'd really like to hope that they didn't haul audio tape equipment, guitars, whatever other essentials and not one camera( still or video). It would be nice to see photos or film of that period. Seemed to be a very positive time for JP/RP and resulted in some great tunes.

Meant in regards to the photo of them sitting round the living room area.

Edited by CSH1127

Hey, I think the second one was confirmed by someone as being from JPJ's home. It does look a little posh from the things I've read about the condition of Bron-Yr-Aur at the time of their visit(s). I'd really like to hope that they didn't haul audio tape equipment, guitars, whatever other essentials and not one camera( still or video). It would be nice to see photos or film of that period. Seemed to be a very positive time for JP/RP and resulted in some great tunes.

Too posh for Bron for sure - and add to that the fact that Bonzo and JPJ didn't go to Bron with Pagey and Robert. There are pics/footage from Bron, but I don't recall ever having seen anything shot inside the cottage - as was the question.

That photograph was taken at JPJ's home at the time, The Straw Hat in Rickmansworth.

I think these may be from Bron

LOL. The first photograph is ridiculously Photoshopped. It was shot by Eddie Kramer at Stargroves in 1972 during the Houses of the Holy recording sessions. Here's the original:

plant_page_lg.jpg

Edited by Geezer

LOL. The first photograph is ridiculously Photoshopped. It was shot by Eddie Kramer at Stargroves in 1972 during the Houses of the Holy recording sessions. Here's the original:

plant_page_lg.jpg

Yup! That's the one!! :) BTW wasn't Stargroves owned by Mick Jagger?? (or is my memory failing me??)

Hammersmith Odeon on Robert's first UK tour 1983. I think it was December? I was there , he did two shows and I THINK this was the second one - SAJ can probably confirm.

The encore jam on 'Treat Her Right' at Hammersmith Odeon on Tue, December 13, 1983. The after-show party was at The Old Rangoon in Barnes, which Jimmy also attended. I have some photos from the jam I could scan in but as I recall they aren't all that great.

I don't see any evidence of Photoshop. I'd suspect a bad scan of an old photo taken in the mist of the region.

plant_page_lg.jpg

Now I do feel foolish. I posted the same question about Bron-Yr-Aur photos over at Royal-Orleans.com and someone posted the photo of RP and Strider on the motorcycle as possibly being from BYA. If I'm not mistaken that was from an old article and the photos were from Jennings Farm. My answer was directed to them. That's what I get for bouncing around and not paying proper attention I guess. Thanks for checking me, Knebby.

Which pic with Strider?