Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Now I do feel foolish. I posted the same question about Bron-Yr-Aur photos over at Royal-Orleans.com and someone posted the photo of RP and Strider on the motorcycle as possibly being from BYA. If I'm not mistaken that

was from an old article and the photos were from Jennings Farm.

The photo of Robert astride a motorbike with his dog Strider was definitely taken at Jennings Farm. I believe it was originally published in 1970 (I can confirm this later). I know for certain it happens to be one of Knebby's all-time favorite photos.

LOL. The first photograph is ridiculously Photoshopped. It was shot by Eddie Kramer at Stargroves in 1972 during the Houses of the Holy recording sessions. Here's the original:

plant_page_lg.jpg

They changed the background and added two men who weren't in the original photo. Why would someone do this? What was the point? :wtf:

I have a photo of John Bonham wearing a Chicago Blackhawk sweater while backstage at The Chicago Stadium, before Led Zeppelin performed in 75'.

I don't remember where I found this photo. Can anyone help where I might find this online?

Thanks...

Did you not know that or something?...

Yet you're on a Led Zeppelin forum with Bonham as your picture

So? The dude kinda looks like Bonzo there... I didn't know we had to memorize every piece of clothes a member of the band wore to be in a zeppelin forum.

And so what I have a picture of bonzo on my profile?? He's my favorite drummer. Not everybody knows every god damn thing about zeppelin like you do.

So? The dude kinda looks like Bonzo there... I didn't know we had to memorize every piece of clothes a member of the band wore to be in a zeppelin forum.

And so what I have a picture of bonzo on my profile?? He's my favorite drummer. Not everybody knows every god damn thing about zeppelin like you do.

No. I meant the fact he died at 32.

The photo of Robert astride a motorbike with his dog Strider was definitely taken at Jennings Farm. I believe it was originally published in 1970 (I can confirm this later). I know for certain it happens to be one of Knebby's all-time favorite photos.

It's such an adorable photo. I've always wondered how they kept Strider from falling off the bike.

Here's some. Does anybody know where these are from and do they exist in a better quality/resolution?

ff.jpg
rf.jpg
rr.jpg
box-f.jpg
Thanks!

The first one is form 1971, the second one, I'll be shooting in the dark, but I think it's from Houston 1971, the third one is possibly from February 1972, Jimmy cut his air during the Australian tour and it doesn't look as big as it did in 1971 when he also had the beard, so it's easy to pin down the date. The last one, I'm not sure about the place but it's definately from 1973.

• Administrators

Here's some. Does anybody know where these are from and do they exist in a better quality/resolution?

ff.jpg
rf.jpg
rr.jpg
box-f.jpg
Thanks!

#1 and #3 are from spring 1971 - photo session with Chris Dreja.

#2 is Los Angeles 8-71

last one is France 1973

Right, we're familiar with the picture of Robert as a schoolboy.....yes? But what about this one? (I found it on Facebook and IMHO it looks like it has been photoshopped)

1044905_474012922682968_802279780_n.png

Caption reads: "Robert Anthony with Baby Sister" I always assumed that his sister was older (I may be wrong)

Edited by SozoZoso