Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Am a bit confused by this answer ^ - Robert WAS on the Roxy filmed in Newcastle, ( I was there) not sure what your wording means?

Sorry, I had attempted to make two points. The first, that so far as I knew he was not on the Roxy. I see now I'm to understand he definitely was so I will attempt to confirm the recording and airing dates for that program.

Secondly, I attempted to explain she was also on TOTP (air date Apr 7, 1988) but he was not.

• 1 month later...

John Paul Jones and guests at The TSRTS European Premier

19761104001.jpg

This photo was contributed by Knebby in the Cuttings & Articles thread, and I'm seeking confirmation of all the people depicted.

Front Row (left to right):

Unidentified Man #1, Unidentified Woman #1, John Paul Jones, Unidentified Woman #2, Unidentified Woman #3

Back Row (left to right):

Unidentified Man #2, Unidentified Man #3, Mo Jones (JPJ's wife), Madeline Bell (the American soul singer/JPJ's friend), Unidentified Man #4

19761104002.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

the Earls Court pics are hard to say exactly which night as they wore the same clothes all 5 nights. The one for sure you can tell is the 3rd night- May 23rd, because Robert Plant wore the what I call "Red Cherry" blouse that he wore at most of the 1975 US shows. Since you can't see him in those pics above it is not very easy to distinguish. The other thing is the first 2 nights had different mics on the bass drum from the last 3 nights.

The last pic above is from one of the ARMS US shows in 1983. It is not from either of the 2 played in London in 1983. He is also playing the song Boogie Mama in the above pic.

MSG, here is another photo, it looks to be Cameron Crowe...that above picture is '76 and the car photo is taken from side window, although looks to be different personality...

Jimmy Page/Cameron Crowe/Starship '75 Tour

http://jimmypagecameroncrowe.jpg

Edited by PlanetPage

Isn't that what MSG is saying? Here's another photo of the man in the limo? I agree it's not Tommy Bolin, but I can see how the limo photo suggested it was.

Personally, I always thought it was Cameron when I saw the one that showed his face better.

When is this jam from? Looks like 84-85.

Is the photo actually of them together, or has i been merged from two different performances? AFAIK they never jammed together in '84. Plant is definitely 1984, probably in Australia. He is wearing the same shirt and neck chain in this:

Page looks like its circa 1984 as well due to the length of his hair. Is that a Strat he's playing?

Slightly picky I know but I would say the potentially merged pic of Plant ( with Page) looks more 85 - his hair is a bit longer(and lighter) a la Live Aid - he wore that necklace on most of the 85 US tour, too. Just another thought for the melting pot.

Edited by Knebby

Is the photo actually of them together, or has i been merged from two different performances? AFAIK they never jammed together in '84. Plant is definitely 1984, probably in Australia. He is wearing the same shirt and neck chain in this:

Page looks like its circa 1984 as well due to the length of his hair. Is that a Strat he's playing?

is his natural hair colour brunette? or blonde? or is it just that all the blonde was the longer, outer hair, and underneath it is brown?

just wondering ... :)

When is this jam from? Looks like 84-85.
According to my notes in August 1984 (exact date still unconfirmed) Jimmy & Robert performed a set with Phil May and various members of The Pretty Things at the Heartbreak Hotel in Ibiza, Spain. The hotel was owned by Phil Carson of Atlantic Records. Jimmy & Robert enjoyed other jams in Ibiza from '82-'85 but this was the only one they performed together.

Edited to add: I don't have any photographs on file from the 1984 jam. It is quite likely two photos from completely separate performances were combined for the magazine cover.

Edited by SteveAJones