Random Newspaper Articles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, sam_webmaster said:

St Louis 1977 - "Fans Spend Night Out For Tickets"

77-stlouis-tix.jpg

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/april-15-1977

Very nice picture of the Saint Louis Checkerdome in the background.  I saw the Firm there in May of 1986.  My first time seeing Jimmy Page live and onstage.  The first of many.  I actually remember the concert and where me and my friends sat.  I remember telling my friend Willy that I was so excited to be seeing Jimmy Page play live (as I was only 15 years old at that time).  My two other friends were Cindy and Lisa (actually my girlfriend).  I remember Jimmy playing the bow inside the green laser pyramid.  After all the things I have done, it is great to have such good memories.  Memories I will never forget and this is just one of them. 

Thanks for posting Sam.  You just brought me back some sweet memories. 

On 5/18/2016 at 3:26 AM, sam_webmaster said:

Page On Page - Face to Face With Jimmy Page
Jackie magazine (UK) May 1970

70-5-jackie-JP-ledzeppelin.com_.jpg

I note with interest he says he was living on the farm near Northampton at six months of age. It's known the farm was owned by his Uncle, and  it's believed to have been about 400 acres in size, but until now it hasn't been clear when and for long he had lived there. It would seem to sometime between his birth in Heston (Jan 9, 1944) and the Page's move to Feltham in 1952. In the past we have speculated they moved to the farm following the end of the war, for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

These are fantastic pics, where did they originate?

They were most likely taken during the March 21, 1973 concert in Hamburg. However there doesn't seem to be a photo credit provided within the article, which is almost certainly from Bravo, a Hamburg-based music magazine that was distributed nationally. 

Definitely Nuremberg; in fact, you can see the reference to Nürnberg in the caption of the third photo from the left at the top of page.  To remove all doubt, here's the second page of the article which mentions that the tour started in Nürnberg in the first paragraph:

ZEP 1973-15 Led Zeppelins Triumph-Zug - 2.jpg