Favorite Song To Play?

for bass mine is For Your Life or The Ocean. those are just really fun songs to play smile.gif

The Ocean is an excellent song to play... i'm infatuated with the intro section to Tea for One at the moment...another moment of total bliss cool.gif

Just for today, it has got to be "Ten Years Gone" must have heard it at least 100 times today.

Regards, Danny

Hmmm...

Drums - Sick Again

Bass - WIAWSNB

Acoustic - That's the Way

Electric - Midnight Moonlight/Swan Song/Kashmir (haven't got the chops for WS/BMS..yet)

Hmmm...

Drums - Sick Again

Bass - WIAWSNB

Acoustic - That's the Way

Electric - Midnight Moonlight/Swan Song/Kashmir (haven't got the chops for WS/BMS..yet)

I hadn't thought of putting it like that ohmy.gif

Drums: The Ocean

Bass: The Lemon Song

Electric: The lemon Song/ Since i've been loving you

Acoustic: Bron Yr Aur

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

On Acoustic: Bron yr aur Stomp/ Black Country Woman

White Summer/ Black Mountainside

And on Electric: I love to play the Heartbreaker solo

The Lemon Song & Moby Dick

And all the rest of Zeppelin's songs, are played less frequently as these.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason or another I don't find many Zeppelin songs very enjoyable to play on guitar. What's also odd is that most of the songs I do like to play by Zeppelin are on IV (Rock and Roll, Stairway to Heaven, Misty Mountain Hop, Four Sticks, and When The Levee Breaks).

But in terms of songs that ARE fun to play, lately I've taken great pleasure in playing Beyond The Realms of Death by Judas Priest, and The Four Horseman by Metallica.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The only Zep songs I am certain I can remember entirely, as in playing the original solo not for note if there is one, are Ten Years Gone, The Girl I Love, Good Times Bad Times and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. Though I'm sure I could spend a few minutes getting the open G acoustic songs together with little effort. Other than that just some intros and key riffs here and there if I am bored. For whatever reason I've been playing lots of Kiss and Hendrix stuff lately, love chugging away with Stone Free on my Strat. At one time or another I've played every LZ song, kind of tough not to if you are a fan and play guitar.

The only Zep songs I am certain I can remember entirely, as in playing the original solo not for note if there is one, are Ten Years Gone, The Girl I Love, Good Times Bad Times and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. Though I'm sure I could spend a few minutes getting the open G acoustic songs together with little effort. Other than that just some intros and key riffs here and there if I am bored. For whatever reason I've been playing lots of Kiss and Hendrix stuff lately, love chugging away with Stone Free on my Strat. At one time or another I've played every LZ song, kind of tough not to if you are a fan and play guitar.

I think Ten Years Gone is in open G? (drop D). I know it isnt standard. I have only played around with it a few times. I just hate changing the tunings back and forth. It wears the strings which I cant stand changing and it sure would be a luxury having two or three. I would leave one in standard. One in open G. And the third for several to change more often. I bought a house last November. Cant find my capo or slide. I lose everything. Except my Led zeppelin ticket stub. Ha.

I think Ten Years Gone is in open G? (drop D). I know it isnt standard. I have only played around with it a few times. I just hate changing the tunings back and forth. It wears the strings which I cant stand changing and it sure would be a luxury having two or three. I would leave one in standard. One in open G. And the third for several to change more often. I bought a house last November. Cant find my capo or slide. I lose everything. Except my Led zeppelin ticket stub. Ha.

TYG is drop D but it can be played in standard tuning without much alteration, avoiding the open E which should be tuned down to D is easy enough. Though not having the D on the bottom takes a bit of chug and depth out of the bridge. Honestly I don't think tuning up, down or otherwise puts any additional wear on strings. Wouldn't matter to me anyway I change strings fairly often and I have 10-20 packs of strings on hand most of the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived