'Lost Boys' actor Corey Haim dead at 38

danelectro59

Usually when I hear a celebrity, or even anyone die, I feel pretty bad. Even if I wasn't a fan or didn't know them. But in this case, I didn't feel anything. I guess it's because I'm just not surprised. It's too bad he died, but I think he had enough opportunities to clean himself up, and there's no excuse.

There are a lot of really good professionals out there, and a lot of good medications, and he probably had access to the best.

How unfortunate Haim, like Swayze and Jackson, is yet another popular entertainer from the 80's we've lost.

Just what exactly have "WE" lost here? a fantastic roll model? to what? Drug Abuse, i have no time for people like this, good riddance is what i say, the help is out there and these people don't want it, they just want to act the Arsehole all the time, and what we don't need is people like you making some sort of a HERO out of what is basically an ARSEWIPE.

Nuff said already, bye.

Regards, Danny, the Forums Anti Drink and Drug Abuse Campaigner. :o;)

Usually when I hear a celebrity, or even anyone die, I feel pretty bad. Even if I wasn't a fan or didn't know them. But in this case, I didn't feel anything. I guess it's because I'm just not surprised. It's too bad he died, but I think he had enough opportunities to clean himself up, and there's no excuse.

There are a lot of really good professionals out there, and a lot of good medications, and he probably had access to the best.

Yes there are and I'm sure he had access to it but addiction goes a lot deeper than just chemical dependency. It's very sad when people are unable to work through it and end up losing their life, especially so young.

Yes there are and I'm sure he had access to it but addiction goes a lot deeper than just chemical dependency. It's very sad when people are unable to work through it and end up losing their life, especially so young.

I'm sorry i have to disagree, Ninelives, as you seem to have sympathy for those addicted, but to me it's just a cop out. Especially for celebrities who usually have access to decent rehabilitation programs. Now, i don't know a lot about this guy, but he was a promising actor and let it slip away. So he added his name to a long list. It is sad, but i find it hard to have any sympathy for him. Those left behind is a different story.

I'm sorry i have to disagree, Ninelives, as you seem to have sympathy for those addicted, but to me it's just a cop out. Especially for celebrities who usually have access to decent rehabilitation programs. Now, i don't know a lot about this guy, but he was a promising actor and let it slip away. So he added his name to a long list. It is sad, but i find it hard to have any sympathy for him. Those left behind is a different story.

So well said it makes me weep, nicely put 'danelectro59' , really.

Regards, Danny

My brother is an addict. I have no sympathy for him or Corey Haim. My brother has a daughter to think of and you would think that would be enough. There are too many people in this world that have sympathy and will easily blame addiction. Sorry, but will power supersedes everything.

Just what exactly have "WE" lost here? a fantastic roll model? to what? Drug Abuse, i have no time for people like this, good riddance is what i say, the help is out there and these people don't want it, they just want to act the Arsehole all the time, and what we don't need is people like you making some sort of a HERO out of what is basically an ARSEWIPE.

I clearly stated what I believe we, meaning the general public, have lost - a popular entertainer. rolleyes.gif

I clearly stated what I believe we, meaning the general public, have lost - a popular entertainer. rolleyes.gif

Lost Boys is still one of my favorite movies.

Too bad it wasn't the other Corey.

I keed, I keed.

But Corey Feldman IS such a numbnuts.

My brother is an addict. I have no sympathy for him or Corey Haim. My brother has a daughter to think of and you would think that would be enough. There are too many people in this world that have sympathy and will easily blame addiction. Sorry, but will power supersedes everything.

My niece has been a junkie since the late 60's. I really don't know how she's lasted this long.

Is Burt Reynolds next?

:mellow:

Archived