Jimmy Page Book Available NOW!

Dandu

Here is an email I just recieved. The books are not cheap, but I think I will buy the collectors edition. I have tried to buy a copy but every time I clik "buy" I end up with an empty basket :( I will keep at it.

If you are having difficulty viewing this email, please click here.

Jimmy Page Now Available to Pre-order

Your Exclusive Invitation

Thank you for registering your interest in Jimmy Page's new limited edition. We are now offering an exclusive invitation to all registrants to view the book online. The signed edition is available to pre-order from a hidden microsite. Please follow the links below, visit www.JimmyPageBook.com, or call Genesis on +44 (0) 1483 540 970.

As well as signing every copy in his limited edition, Jimmy has personally chosen every one of the 650 photographs, written the accompanying captions and helped design the magnificently luxurious binding to create Genesis Publications' biggest ever limited edition.

First copies will be shipping worldwide in June.

The Limited Editions in more detail...

Jimmy Page

The definitive photographic history

Jimmy Page

£395.00

• ISBN: 9781905662173

• Collector: 2150 copies

Signed by Jimmy Page

Paper: Archival art paper, with gilded page edging

Binding: Quarter bound in morocco leather with laser-cut perspex cover boards and blocking in gold leaf. Presented in a silk-bound slipcase with morocco leather trim. Now available to pre-order

Genesis is proud to present Jimmy Page's first official published work and the definitive photographic history of one of the world's most iconic guitar players.

Jimmy Page: "I've really got a lot of time for the way Genesis produce their books, they're really quality items."

Collector £395.00 MORE DETAILS

BUY NOW

Jimmy Page

The definitive photographic history

Jimmy Page

£695.00

• ISBN: 9781905662173

• Deluxe: 350 copies

Signed by Jimmy Page

Paper: Archival art paper, with gilded page edging

Binding: Fully bound in a single morocco leather hide with gold-leaf 'Zoso' blocking. Presented in an archival solander box with traditional felt lining to protect your leather-bound book. Now available to pre-order

Genesis is proud to present Jimmy Page's first official published work and the definitive photographic history of one of the world's most iconic guitar players.

The first 350 copies in Jimmy's signed limited edition are Deluxe copies.

Deluxe £695.00 MORE DETAILS

BUY NOW

© Genesis Publications. All rights reserved.

You have been sent this email because you have subscribed to our mailing list. If you do not wish to receive similar emails in the future, click here to remove your address from our list or send an email to mailing@genesis-publications.com with the word 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Genesis Publications, 2 Jenner Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3PL, England.

Tel: +44 (0) 1483 540970. Fax: +44 (0) 1483 304709.

Finally managed to buy it. Had to type in the url rather than clicking on it.

Dear Mr. *********

Thank you for placing an order with Genesis. We aim to despatch most orders within 28 days, but please allow 4-8 weeks as each book is put together by hand. For pre-orders please refer to the publication dates below.

The details of your order are shown below.

Your order reference is *******

ISBN Title Edition Price Quantity Total

9781905662173 Jimmy Page

Collector £395.00 1 £395.00

Subtotal: £395.00

Delivery: £25.00

Total: £420.00

Less Payment:

Full CC Payment: -£420.00

£420.00

Balance Due: £0.00

Once your order has been bound and is ready to ship it will be despatched to you via our UK courier company, The Wey Group. Delivery times are as follows: UK 1 day from despatch, EC and USA 14-21 days from despatch and Rest of World delivery times vary according to destination.

After trying multiple times, I just got in on the Deluxe Edition for a whopping 720 pounds including postage to the US. I hope I get a single numbered signed copy. Should be delivered in June. I wonder if they'll charge my credit card in June or now....

After trying multiple times, I just got in on the Deluxe Edition for a whopping 720 pounds including postage to the US. I hope I get a single numbered signed copy. Should be delivered in June. I wonder if they'll charge my credit card in June or now....

It appeared that they had two options when I did it. Pay all now, or, pay in three installments. I paid upfront and expect they will take my money now. Must be nice for them to have the ability to obtain what is essentially an intrest free loan. Supply and demand I suppose...

I just purchased the Collectors Edition, should be here in June, just got my confirmation number...I am so excited!!!!

Dear XXX

Thank you for placing an order with Genesis. We aim to despatch most orders within 28 days, but please allow 4-8 weeks as each book is put together by hand. For pre-orders please refer to the publication dates below.

The details of your order are shown below.

Your order reference is XXXX

ISBN Title Edition Price Quantity Total

9781905662173 Jimmy Page Collector £395.00 1 £395.00

Subtotal: £395.00

Delivery: £25.00

Total: £420.00

Less Payment:

Full CC Payment: -£420.00

£420.00

Balance Due: £0.00

Once your order has been bound and is ready to ship it will be despatched to you via our UK courier company, The Wey Group. Delivery times are as follows: UK 1 day from despatch, EC and USA 14-21 days from despatch and Rest of World delivery times vary according to destination.

Here are some screen grabs of the images that Genesis Publications have online - only viewable to registered users, I think. They don't seem to be on the regular webpage. As you can see, they're beautiful editions.

TheCollector's Edition, a mere snip at UK£395:

jp1.tiff

The front page, with Jimmy's intriguing signature:

jp2.tiff

Collector's Edition. Note the strong, hard binding with gilded edges:

jp3.tiff

Early 1960s newspaper cutting:

jp4.tiff

Yardbirds photo contact sheet:

jp5.tiff

Slightly blurred but a striking Jimmy onstage c.1975:

jp6.tiff

Jimmy c. 2010. Looking very badass there, Mr Page.

jp7.tiff

The Deluxe Edition. This costs UK£795, a litre of your blood and one quarter of your soul.

jp8.tiff

It is too much money for this book - the 720 pounds I paid in full equates to $1100 for a signed deluxe copy. But the way I see it, this will likely be the only official publication from Jimmy Page. I doubt if we'll ever see an authorized biography or autobiography from him or any of the other members of Zep. I'd even be happy to get an Anthology but even that is less likely to happen.

Whoever gets this book, has to post every single page of it!!!!! I just can't afford that. I hope this doesn't make me less of a Led Zep or Jimmy fan..

I wouldn't worry about that.

You get the feeling that they aren't really thinking of their fans with the way they sometimes set the prices on items such as this.

Like they say, there's a sucker born every minute!

I can't believe people are buying a book...A BOOK...for $600 to $1100 each! It's a bundle of paper. Bound together. With pictures you could probably find on the internet if you searched hard enough! Obssessive fools I say!

I ordered my deuxe copy this morning!!! :P

Early 1960s newspaper cutting:jp4.tiff

Aw, he looked so young and sweet! Intriguing article too. The first time he tried producing was in Los Angeles. I wonder if it was at a Jackie De Shannon session - maybe she not only took him to America for the first time but possibly even showed him the ropes of producing.

From Ross Halfin's Diary Page March 18:

Spent this morning with Jimmy Page finishing off his book. My friend Chris Vranian in LA found some unpublished Arms plus Firm tour photos which were a nice last minute edition. The book is now done - I think. Jimmy, Kazuyo and I watched some of the Led Zeppelin O2 show, which I'd never seen - it was rocking. I didn't enjoy it that much on the night as I was working. The footage of For Your Life and Nobody's Fault was great.

For the folks who are tripping about future - cheaper - editions of the Genesis/Jimmy Page book, please note that the George Harrison book, I Me Mine, published in 2,000 leather-bound copies by Genesis in 1980 which are now worth a fortune, was later reprinted in regular hardback and paperback (by Simon & Shuster in the USA). And it was also reissued in recent years with a new introduction by Harrison's wife.

So, depending on the deal Page has with Genesis, and the demand involved, you might well yet see a reasonably-priced edition of this momentous publication. Or, knowing Page's love of mystique, maybe not.

Either way, I'll be thinking of you while I idly leaf through my collector's edition with a glass of Sauterne in hand and my devoted geishas awaiting me.

Archived