1977 Laser pyramid pic request

LZ77

• 9 months later...

Thanks DavidZoso for getting some 1977 pics that really show the shape of the pyramid. It didn't photograph all that well, but man, was it ever a sight to see in person !!!!

Toward the end of the bowing, the pyramid begins whirling, but at the beginning of the bowing, the green laser pyramid is just "there" and the smoke on the stage 'appears' to be captured in each side( or wall)l of the pyramid. I personally saw lots of different images 'captured' in the smoke in the walls of the pyramid. Dinosaur creatures I believe. :) Then, as Jimmy would give the big strikes of the bow to the Les Paul, the green laser pyramid would spin once to another side of the pyramid.

Some pyramid photos are from The Firm's concerts. Jimmy used the pyramid definitely on the first Firm tour.The effect was greater on the '77 tour, as ALS followed it. But then, the 1977 Tour had many great moments on any one of their better nights !!

Thanks DavidZoso for getting some 1977 pics that really show the shape of the pyramid. It didn't photograph all that well, but man, was it ever a sight to see in person !!!!

Toward the end of the bowing, the pyramid begins whirling, but at the beginning of the bowing, the green laser pyramid is just "there" and the smoke on the stage 'appears' to be captured in each side( or wall)l of the pyramid. I personally saw lots of different images 'captured' in the smoke in the walls of the pyramid. Dinosaur creatures I believe. :) Then, as Jimmy would give the big strikes of the bow to the Les Paul, the green laser pyramid would spin once to another side of the pyramid.

Some pyramid photos are from The Firm's concerts. Jimmy used the pyramid definitely on the first Firm tour.The effect was greater on the '77 tour, as ALS followed it. But then, the 1977 Tour had many great moments on any one of their better nights !!

You are right the pyramid does not show up good in photos or video either. I was lucky to see it in person on both Firm tours 1985 and '86 and Jimmy Page's 'Outrider' 1988 tour and it was something to behold for sure. As he starts playing the bow faster the pyramid would be going so fast that it turned into a cone and then with the dry ice seeping thru it made cool shapes etc... I will say those pics I just posted are some of the best I have seen where you can get a better idea of what it lloked like. Also on the '77 tour- you can that other laser shooting up from behind the drum riser. That laser was also used in 1975 but the green pyramid wasn't used until 1977.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived