Oil rig sinks in the Gulf of Mexico

ally

This thread is not designed to discuss the pros and cons of offshore drilling. I just want to know if anyone has heard from our friend Alwizard. Wondering if the rig that went down is the one he works on. If your out there Al, check in with us

I feel so sorry for those men and their families. It is such a dangerous job to do. My prayers are with them all.

I'm new here and don't know Al, but have the utmost respect for these men and the dangerous job they do. Do either of ya'll know the name of the rig Al was on or the name of the company he was working for. I know the name of the rig was the Deepwater Horizon. Most of the workers were employed by Transocean, the rigs owner, and there were approximately 47 men employed with or contracted out to British Petroleum, who was doing the drilling. So if he worked for either of these companies, there may be reason for concern, but if he worked for some other company, he's probably OK.

There are a ton of rigs doing work in the Gulf of Mexico, 42 in deep water alone. So hopefully Al is OK.

I am also worried and concerned about alwizard and am checking in here for any news from him. I was hoping to find that he was OK. He hasn't been around for a while and may just be too busy at this time for the forum. I can't remember if beatbo or ZFF had met him in person at one time, or if dzldoc may know him personally.

I am praying that he is safe and praying for the families of the people who were lost in that tragedy.

Edited to say: I remember that he posted some photos of the oil rig that he worked on, maybe in the "post a picture of yourself" thread? Maybe the name of his oil rig is with the photos.

Edited again: Been looking through the photo thread, and can't find it.

it's a proven fact that oil on the surface of the ocean actually reflects the suns rays...but transforms them in a way so that they can escape back into outerspace........thus relieveing the earth of its current carbon burden

my solution to this current crisis:

coat the earths poles...........any remaining glaciers.....probably anything white .........or reflective

with oil

thus transforming all the nastyness we carbon based creatures have created........and diversifying it in a way that saves the planet

lets face it.......oil is never going to be any cheaper given the current temperment of those merciful humanitarians in the middle east

such a simple solution to a troublesome reality

happy earth day smile.gif

I don't know what rig he was on--anyone? unsure.gif He hasn't been online much lately--hopefully he just hasn't seen this thread.

I believe it is called Genesis and is a Chevron platform. We now know that it's not the rig that went down but hopefully, I'm correct about the name. Would still like to know if Al's OK

it's a proven fact that oil on the surface of the ocean actually reflects the suns rays...but transforms them in a way so that they can escape back into outerspace........thus relieveing the earth of its current carbon burden

coat the earths poles...........any remaining glaciers.....probably anything white .........or reflective

with oil

thus transforming all the nastyness we carbon based creatures have created........and diversifying it in a way that saves the planet

lets face it.......oil is never going to be any cheaper given the current temperment of those merciful humanitarians in the middle east

I'm sure that Black (flat black) absorbs light, that's why athletes will some times have black below there eye's so the sun light doesn't reflect off there skin and into there eye's.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99457.htm

with oil

And don't forget to put that greasy kid's stuff on your hair.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.

On top of that, the oil giant has spent millions each year on lobbying — including $15.9 million last year alone — as it has tried to influence energy policy.

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/36783.html#ixzz0n5Suh4p1

----------------------------------------------------------

U.S. exempted BP's Gulf of Mexico drilling from environmental impact study

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/04/AR2010050404118.html?hpid=topnews

The Interior Department exempted BP's calamitous Gulf of Mexico drilling operation from a detailed environmental impact analysis last year, according to government documents, after three reviews of the area concluded that a massive oil spill was unlikely.

The decision by the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) to give BP's lease at Deepwater Horizon a "categorical exclusion" from the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on April 6, 2009 -- and BP's lobbying efforts just 11 days before the explosion to expand those exemptions -- show that neither federal regulators nor the company anticipated an accident of the scale of the one unfolding in the gulf.

Rethinking the rules

NOW, environmentalists and some key senators are calling for a reassessment of safety requirements for offshore drilling.

"They never did an analysis that took into account what turns out to be the very real possibility of a serious spill," said Holly Doremus, a law professor at the University of California at Berkeley who has reviewed the documents.

"The agency's oversight role has devolved to little more than rubber-stamping British Petroleum's self-serving drilling plans," Suckling said.

BP has lobbied the White House Council on Environmental Quality -- which provides NEPA guidance for all federal agencies-- to provide categorical exemptions more often. In an April 9 letter, BP America's senior federal affairs director, Margaret D. Laney, wrote to the council that such exemptions should be used in situations where environmental damage is likely to be "minimal or non-existent." An expansion in these waivers would help "avoid unnecessary paperwork and time delays," she added.

Picture137.jpg

I am still alive and kicking working at the moment and know that was not My platform .I do not know what went wrong and it is all still under investigation so even if i did I could not discuss it and risk of job. I am going to see Robert in July in Mobile Alabama at the Sanger Theater. I am also going to the Virgin Islands in June for a couple of weeks St Croix,St Thomas,St John and also a few days in Puerto Rico . Will try to stay in touch with you all a little better it was really touching to see this Topic .Also I just came back from my Bike trip 2010 Blues tour of Mississippi and of Course Memphis went to Clarksdale,Tutwieler,Indianola,Friars Point mississippi and Helena Arkansas Just missed Jeff Beck at the Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale.

Picture093.jpg

Memphis City Limits

Picture066.jpg

Picture070.jpg

The Crossroads Clarksdale Mississippi

So glad to see you're well and out having a grand time!

And I must say, I always enjoy your pictures!! Thanks for sharing them!

No problem well I am not getting any younger so I have to stay busy i really plan to die with my boots on as the saying goes.Enjoy life while You can cause it does end sooner or later.

Giving it a good shot good to hear from you

G'day Al,

Long time no see!

Glad to hear you're ok.

You'll be pleased to know Kevin Borich is touring down here this month.

Cheers.

G'day Al,

Long time no see!

Glad to hear you're ok.

You'll be pleased to know Kevin Borich is touring down here this month.

Cheers.

tell him to come to the States He beat Cancer He can come to the USA and beat the Music Buisness into submission also I have faith in Him.

It's great to hear from you, alwizard03!

I'm so glad that you are OK and are back here with us.

We've been missing you and your great photos.

Have fun at Robert's concert. Maybe you will find a way to meet him again and get another photo with him! smile.gif

It's great to hear from you, alwizard03!

I'm so glad that you are OK and are back here with us.

We've been missing you and your great photos.

Have fun at Robert's concert. Maybe you will find a way to meet him again and get another photo with him! smile.gif

That would be nice we shall see . We have a visit from MMS early next week and so it begins we just had a inspection a few months ago but I figure due to the BP issue we will be getting them way more frequently. The only thing bad is it makes it harder to keep up your day to day work when you have to prep for inspections but we will get it done we always do.

Archived