Oil rig sinks in the Gulf of Mexico

ally

Plug the hole with BP execs.

Now you're talking! Seriously, parents send their kids here from all over the globe to the best Engineering schools on the planet. No one has a plan? No one has the guts to find a camera to tell the world about it?

I don't get it. I guess we'll find out when the books start getting published.

I did not know of the "spill" from the Matthews tour bus. WOW. What I am holding him personally responsible for are his comments and lame attitude about the future gas price hikes, which are inevitable. 2 years ago, prices were in the $4 range/gal, totally ridiculous and unacceptable, and these same kooks were blaming the former/then current President and his cronies. Now nobody minds if we have to pay more for oil?

Shut up and "sing". Eh hem.

I did not know of the "spill" from the Matthews tour bus. WOW. What I am holding him personally responsible for are his comments and lame attitude about the future gas price hikes, which are inevitable. 2 years ago, prices were in the $4 range/gal, totally ridiculous and unacceptable, and these same kooks were blaming the former/then current President and his cronies. Now nobody minds if we have to pay more for oil?

Shut up and "sing". Eh hem.

Exactly. A few years ago we only had 5% unemployment and there were people complaining every day about the high gas prices. Now we have 10+% unemployment and gas is still high (almost $3 around here) yet you don't hear a peep about it on the lame stream media. I guess with our lib admin it's not a problem anymore. :rolleyes:

BP will do just like the tobacco companies and pass the bill onto Mr. & Mrs. Consumer.

And we still can't forget when the Dave Matthews bus dumped their septic/shit tank into the Chicago river and on top of a tourist boat. Way to go Dave and we know YOU won't be sweating any price hikes like the rest of us hoi polloi. <_<

I remember that. Yuck.

I have family in Florida. And some of them have jobs they're now worrying about. I sure as hell would love to see the finger pointing stopped and a solution found and utilized now. It's 42,000 gallons a day. No time for finger pointing. Kindergarten was a long time ago <_<.

This just in- Local news outlets are reporting that several fisherman working on the oil clean up project became ill and had to be flown to a New Orleans area hospital, it's unclear if the illness was related to exposure to the oil dispersants being uesd on the spill.

I'll post any updates I hear about.

I really feel for these folks, bad enough BP has screwed up there livelyhoods now they are endangering their lives.

BP should be supplying proper safety equipment like filtered respirators and not those cheap dust masks ofcourse In BPs defense you can't make them use the equiment and it is paid work that they signed on for, use that safety equipment guys!

His outrage is his music!

:lol:

Oh and redrum, the we are all dependent on oil, but cigarettes are a choice. Big difference there bud.

It's not a choice if you're trying to quit because that's just about impossible for most people.

laugh.gif

It's not a choice if you're trying to quit because that's just about impossible for most people.

The fact that many DO quit just shows it IS a choice. Some just don't have the willpower or conviction.

About this ongoing problem in the Gulf. I believe my earlier statements have been justifiably corroborated. This thing is one big mess and the earliest it looks like now to be anywhere near fixed is a few MONTHS away!

The facts coming out of what the leadership knew and the way the potential problems were allowed by overseer's is mindboggling.

Alot of people involved in this oil business are dining on crow right now.

Alot of people involved in this oil business are dining on crow right now.

As are environmentalists who have made most of the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, as well as ANWAR, off limits to oil production. If this has succeeded in protecting the environment is uncertain but what it has done for sure is force oil companies to go drilling in ultra deep waters, thereby increasing the risk of an environmental disaster as we are now witnessing.

Not that environmentalists are the ones to blame, but it is odd that they have escaped any mention at all.

As are environmentalists who have made most of the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, as well as ANWAR, off limits to oil production. If this has succeeded in protecting the environment is uncertain but what it has done for sure is force oil companies to go drilling in ultra deep waters, thereby increasing the risk of an environmental disaster as we are now witnessing.

Not that environmentalists are the ones to blame, but it is odd that they have escaped any mention at all.

Thank You!

And, as a result of Obama shutting down all deep water drilling in the Gulf it is going to cause the oil companies to a.) drill closer to shore or b.) give up drilling in the Gulf and go overseas. If it is b, 32,000 jobs will be lost. So BP put our fishing and seafood industry out of business, and Obama is going to put our oil industry and related small businesses that cater to them out of business. Good move!

I guess as long as you're screwing the oil companies, it doesn't matter how many small businesses or average joe's get hurt in the process.

True environmentalists reduce their consumption of oil and it's products. Of course people can't get completely away from it as it has such a grip on us, but it's a matter of degree.

People who are very concerned about the environment have for years been trying to show how alternatives can be used for fuel, production of it's consumer goods and to cut down on the mess that is oil.

Sure Fauxhemian's still drive around in gas guzzler's, drive fast and don't really reduce.

I wouldn't say true environmentalists are eating crow, quite the contrary, this just shows that the ideology of alternatives and the reduction of reliance on these products are the way to go. All those people who can't do anything but work in the oil business will just have to learn how to work in the new alternatives, as they come into play. And not just by some company "pretending" to go that route, but a true commitment for change and implementing that.

Society only "needs" to have oil companies drill in ANWAR, the Atlantic and Pacific coasts because of their insatiable appetite that many refuse to reduce. As a matter of fact, I've seen many go the opposite and get mad and FLOOR their gas pedal and temperance be damned.

It's so inevitable that in the future we'll look back and see how primitive oil was and how stubborn man was to transform into a cleaner, quieter, lighter stepping being. Either that or we'll ruin our water, air and land by overproducing, overpopulating and overconsuming. Then we'll really be up shitcreek, literally.

Hi all,

You mean like Al Gore? :huh::blink:

Sorry folks get with it.It is governments who allow this.Laws,regulations,eh?Contingency plan?If something -happens-,there is none.August sound good to you?

If you ride bicycle and you have checked all the products you own,stop the BS!

KB(have a nice day :)

:lol:

I've done it... more than once. Been decades since I smoked tobacco. It's not impossible. LSD helped.

[quote name='Oracle' date='31 May 2010 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1275351290'

It's so inevitable that in the future we'll look back and see how primitive oil was and how stubborn man was to transform into a cleaner, quieter, lighter stepping being. Either that or we'll ruin our water, air and land by overproducing, overpopulating and overconsuming. Then we'll really be up shitcreek, literally.

Hi all,

You mean like Al Gore? :huh::blink:

Sorry folks get with it.It is governments who allow this.Laws,regulations,eh?Contingency plan?If something -happens-,there is none.August sound good to you?

If you ride bicycle and you have checked all the products you own,stop the BS!

KB(have a nice day :)

IMAG0124.jpg

My fellow commuters:

IMAG0189.jpg

I'm quite confident that we won't see a turnaround of that magnatude in our lifetimes.

I don't know what happened to your quote but I never said what you quoted me as saying.

However, I agree. We haven't made more than a token advancement away from oil and the environmentalists have been at it for what, 30-40 years? That's half a lifetime anyway.

The sooner we start, the sooner future mankind will be looking back at our [contemporary] primitive ways.

Hi all,

Tell me A,do ya think the grips,cables,seat&tires contain petroleum? dry.gif

KB

You talkin' about the bicycle?

Well sure they do. Don't you get it? It's a matter of degree at this point. The usage of petroleum to make those items and then using the bicycle for much of your local transport needs far outweighs the lazy asses who have to go everywhere in their gas guzzlers.

Have you no idea of what is means to reduce/minimize and be conservative?

Are you one of those

Full bore, to the floor with the "gas pedal" !

Lighten up should be a ubiqutous action for everyone, not just environmentalists.

Shitcreek? Pardon me, I meant ShitRIVER!!! slapface.gif

http://www.msnbc.msn...ews-environment

source_Reuters3.gif updated 2:53 p.m. MT, Wed., June 2, 2010

PHILADELPHIA - The Upper Delaware River in New York State, the source of drinking water for 17 million people, is the most endangered river in the United States2_bing.gif, according to a new report.

It is one of 10 rivers on a list, compiled by U.S. environmental group American Rivers, which are threatened due to causes such as natural gas drilling, mining and poor flood management.

The Upper Delaware topped the list because of the threat of contamination from chemicals used in gas drilling in New York and on the Pennsylvania side of the watershed.

rolleyes.gif

Hi all,

You talkin' about the bicycle?

Your spot on.

Well sure they do. Don't you get it? It's a matter of degree at this point. The usage of petroleum to make those items and then using the bicycle for much of your local transport needs far outweighs the lazy asses who have to go everywhere in their gas guzzlers.

Sure I do.If you move where you going to put that couch,on bicycle? :slapface:

Have you no idea of what is means to reduce/minimize and be conservativequote]

How old are boyo?Are ye talking down to me?

Only on the Harley.One more time, tell me your tale.

KB

Sure I do.If you move where you going to put that couch,on bicycle? :slapface:

How old are boyo?Are ye talking down to me?

KB

I guess I'll need to go a little lower. Your reading skills are poor. You didn't comprehend what I said about minimizing, obviously. If I move, I'll use a vehicle yes. But much of my local, day to day, transport is on a bicycle. Try reading closer, then you might rise to the level of "boyo's" comprehension. :lol:

Besides reducing the dependency on oil, bicycling can help to reduce obesity (specifically in consumption oriented US). There are many other health benefits from bicycling that increase physical and mental well-being. This would help lower overall long-term healthcare costs as well. The problem is the US does not have the infrastructure or acceptance of bicycles as a mode of transport. We are a bunch of lazy asses -- and it shows. Many European cities are much better designed in this regard (like Amsterdam).

Archived