Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience

http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist.aspx?ArtistID=6042

Led Zeppelin exploded onto the music scene in 1968, forever changing the course of Rock music. This magical blend of blues laden guitar, soaring vocals and complex steady driving rhythm brought a sound and energy that still resonates today. While Led Zeppelin recorded and released 8 albums that all sat at the top of the charts, it was their live music experience where the band truly found its form. Light and shade, loose and tight, extended improvisational excursions all wrapped in a mystic air enthralled the millions of fans lucky enough to see them live.

December 10, 2007 the remaining members of Led Zeppelin performed their first full-length show since the passing of John Bonham in 1980. Behind the kit, joining Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones on stage was appropriately Jason Bonham. This event was originally intended as a one off affair in honour of Ahmet Etegun, the founder and former president of Atlantic Records, who had passed away December 14, 2006. Concert proceeds went to the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which provides scholarships for students in the USA, UK and Turkey.

Led Zeppelin’s O2 Arena concert was the most highly anticipated show in music history. It is estimated that demand for tickets reached 20 million, while only 18,000 tickets were available. Contests were held around the world as rabid fans vied to secure much sought after tickets. The show was a smashing success and talk soon turned to the possibility of a reunion tour. Indeed the idea was given more than passing consideration. In the end the band decided that the O2 show was the final Led Zeppelin show of their careers.

No one understands the underlying elements that made Led Zeppelin great better than Jason Bonham. The son of the late Led Zeppelin drumming legend John “Bonzo” Bonham, he has experienced the band from both sides of the kit. From the early days at Knebworth, culminating at their epic O2 arena farewell, Jason lived the Led Zeppelin Experience. Renowned Australian journalist Richie Yorke, who was part of the inner circles of Led Zeppelin and those of John Lennon and Yoko Ono, brought Jason’s interest in sharing his Led Zeppelin Experience to Annerin Productions, producers of “The Pink Floyd Experience” and “Rain, A Tribute to the Beatles”. It was after seeing the Rain show that Jason decided to put together a similar show for Led Zeppelin, with himself playing drums.

Using hand picked session players to fill the roles of the original members, like Rain, Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience will perform the band’s material with heavy usage of video to assist in tell the history of Led Zeppelin. The show will carry you from the early days as the band discovered and shared their magical chemistry with LA scenesters at the Whiskey. Multiple set changes take you through Zeppelin’s meteoric climb as you are transported to Madison Square Garden in 1973, Earls Court Arena in 1975, The Knebworth Festival in 1979 and closing with the OZ arena show where Jason joined the band for their final farewell performance.

State of the art sound, multi-media video presentation and period specific drum kits - the same ones used by John Bonham… Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience pays tribute to his legendary father performing 30 shows in North America in the coming year to commemorate the 30th anniversary of John Bonham’s passing. Feel the power that was the greatest rock band in history.

Bring this to New Zealand! It's a terrible place to live for seeing bands. I don't like it (being the '77 fanatic that I am) that it totally glosses over this tour. Although I guess there is no official footage of the tour.

oh brother. I thought he was joining an original new British band. This is moving in the wrong direction. I want to see Jason make new drum patterns for new music. I already know about Zeppelin. Ugh. I hope his handlers keep him out of LA. Just Say No to Camp Freddy!

I heard the new band is on hold.

Makes me wonder if he contacted the original members to see if they were interested in doing it together...and to get their OK.

Concerns:

Who are the handpicked session players? How can anyone stand in for Jimmy Page???

Hopes:

Possibility of 02 Footage??

Not sure about this at all.

I agree with you.

On the one hand, we all love Jason and there is a pent-up demand for anything related to Led Zeppelin. And there is no use of Jason waiting around for the other three to join forces with him for another type of reunion concert or tour. It's probably not going to happen. Ever. And we would all love to see a performance with video of Led Zeppelin from some of their greatest concerts. And who better to do a tribute-type of tour but one of the band member's children and one who actually did play with the original members of the band? But it will be critical that he choose excellent musicians to play with him or else it will be just degrading the music of Led Zeppelin, to have sub-par musicians plaing their music. And we know that no one can serve as an adequate replacement for the original members, with the exception of Jason replacing Bonzo.

But on the other hand, is it just another way to exploit Led Zeppelin, as Peter Grant was quoted as saying? I have the upmost respect for Jason, and I would guess that Jason would have the permission and blessing of RP, JPJ, and JP to be able to proceed with the project, or else it wouldn't be able to go forward due to legal reasons.

I would love to see this performance and will support Jason in his efforts to be successful with his project, as I am sure he will be, provided that he has the support of the others to proceed. smile.gif It is a way to keep the legacy and the memory of Led Zeppelin alive for the benefit of those that are too young to have seen the band, or those who missed their opportunity to see them in the 70's.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

oh brother. I thought he was joining an original new British band.

The Black Country album is essentially complete. Management issues have stalled further progress of the group

but guitarist Joe Bonamassa believes the issues will be resolved and more activity will follow. Jason Bonham's

Led Zeppelin Experience is of course a completely separate project.

The Black Country album is essentially complete. Management issues have stalled further progress of the group

but guitarist Joe Bonamassa believes the issues will be resolved and more activity will follow. Jason Bonham's

Led Zeppelin Experience is of course a completely separate project.

There's that "management issues" crap again. Managers don't do anything their client doesn't want them to do. They are paid handsomely to be the "bad cop" in any dealings related to MONEY.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, kids, but one or more of the musicians in Black Country is unhappy with the financial arrangements being discussed and has cried to his manager about it. End of story. Until this unhappy party or parties feels they are being treated fairly when it comes to the MONEY involved, expect no progress on this front.

Love,

Billy

Concerns:

Who are the handpicked session players? How can anyone stand in for Jimmy Page???

If it's who I hear it is, it will be fantastic, and well worth seeing. I know him personally (and no, it's not me!). Sorry I can't say who before it's confirmed & announced.

I understand people's reluctance concerning this, but I think if it's something Jason wants to do in honor of his dad and what he accomplished, than that's his business. I'm certainly not gonna miss it.

I do hope the formerly Black Country band doesn't just fizzle out, though. That lineup shows a lot of promise.

Same here, Steve Z(oso).

Maybe Mr. Jimmy? Randy Jackson (Zebra)?

Hope it's Mr. James Patrick Page with Jason and Mr. Guy Pratt (now that would be worth the price of admission any day)...

We'll see.

R B)

Same here, Steve Z(oso).

Maybe Mr. Jimmy? Randy Jackson (Zebra)?

Hope it's Mr. James Patrick Page with Jason and Mr. Guy Pratt (now that would be worth the price of admission any day)...

We'll see.

R B)

Hi reids!

I agree with Randy Jackson (Zebra) as well as your other choice! :D

"It doesn't matter so long as there's an extra nickel to be drained. By exploiting Led Zeppelin, it's great."

- Peter Grant, 1973.

Love,

Billy

I thought it was "grave" not "great". with the tone of his voice, that makes more sense to me & hits me a bit harder too.

As for this new project, I'd rather see him work on making new music. I found myself listening to "Enormosound" from Healing Sixes just a couple days ago. It was a good album imo.

EDIT: Hadn't realized that this was my first post! lol I've been lurking on here since it got put together & led-zeppelin.com and led-zeppelin.org before that haha

Edited by conquistador