Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

I thought it was "grave" not "great". with the tone of his voice, that makes more sense to me & hits me a bit harder too.

As for this new project, I'd rather see him work on making new music. I found myself listening to "Enormosound" from Healing Sixes just a couple days ago. It was a good album imo.

EDIT: Hadn't realized that this was my first post! lol I've been lurking on here since it got put together & led-zeppelin.com and led-zeppelin.org before that haha

I always thought it was "great".

Since a person who performed with the band several times through his life is involved and he basically grew up with the band in his early life. I'm sure if any of the band didn't want something like this they would say it and this wouldn't go on. So I'm all for it. And maybe some younger people can learn more about the band.

Personally, I'm going! I'm sure Jason will do a fine job with this tribute. I agree, why should he wait around for the other members? They ain't gittin' no younger.

I wonder when they will announce cities and dates? I think that they should announce it here first and let members of LZ.com have first dibs. Seems fair to me.

jason posted this on his face book today :

Jason Bonham Well looks like the cat is out of the bag ! First off I would like to correct the news that broke today on the world wide web !I read today that I would be performing the Led Zep story ! Well , what I will be doing is 30 shows in memory of my father as its 30 years since he left this world this September 25th 2010

and also this :

Jason Bonham I have always loved playing the music of Led Zeppelin and after such a great night back in 2007 at the 02 Arena I took an opportunity to do a very special show which would look at my life with the music of Led Zeppelin. Old photos,home movies, videos , would help take you on a journey into my life, from my earliest memories right up to the 02 show .

jason posted this on his face book today :

Jason Bonham Well looks like the cat is out of the bag ! First off I would like to correct the news that broke today on the world wide web !I read today that I would be performing the Led Zep story ! Well , what I will be doing is 30 shows in memory of my father as its 30 years since he left this world this September 25th 2010

and also this :

Jason Bonham I have always loved playing the music of Led Zeppelin and after such a great night back in 2007 at the 02 Arena I took an opportunity to do a very special show which would look at my life with the music of Led Zeppelin. Old photos,home movies, videos , would help take you on a journey into my life, from my earliest memories right up to the 02 show .

Well, what he states is a bit different than a LZ tribute. Sounds like he's going to be doing a bio of HIS life with thrown in memories of his father and zeppelin. I may have to rethink running out and being first in line for tickets. Don't get me wrong, I love Jason, he's awesome and does his father proud, but do I want to go on a journey of HIS life? I don't know. I want to know more about what will be in this show.

He should use Mr. Jimmy.

That guy's impressive and sort of creepy all at once.

Agree fully !

Well it seems to be in addition to Black Country, not instead of it. I don't usually go for these sorts of things (and generally really dislike cover bands) but it seems to have a different feel when Jason does it. It's more personal and commemorative, so if he feels he wants to keep putting these together, power to him.

That guy's impressive and sort of creepy all at once.

Well it seems to be in addition to Black Country, not instead of it. I don't usually go for these sorts of things (and generally really dislike cover bands) but it seems to have a different feel when Jason does it. It's more personal and commemorative, so if he feels he wants to keep putting these together, power to him.

... It is an addition, and of course, Respect for His Father's Profession. Jason wants to challenge himself and is willing to take the risk (Nothing will happen to Zep of course). I agree with other fans that Jason needs to create his own music, as any artist must and should, to be truly justified as an artist, likewise, I am hoping that from this project Jason can produce unique creativity that will justify his apprenticeship well into the future.

I am sure that his Late Father is proud of this venture that His next generation believes in Him...

Well, what he states is a bit different than a LZ tribute. Sounds like he's going to be doing a bio of HIS life with thrown in memories of his father and zeppelin. I may have to rethink running out and being first in line for tickets. Don't get me wrong, I love Jason, he's awesome and does his father proud, but do I want to go on a journey of HIS life? I don't know. I want to know more about what will be in this show.

That description on Facebook made me MORE enthusiastic about it! People have different attitudes to these things, I guess. :)

:D Or FlowerStone..

The guys are genuine apprentices :thumbsup:

Hello, I absolutely agree with ZDR. Mr. Jimmy are fantastic, it is undoubtely one of the best Led Zeppelin cover bands on the web, the guitarist is very exciting and all of the other guys do their job very well, and forgive me if I say that I like just a few Zeppelin cover bands. I was "forced" to go to a FlowerStone show in Italy in july 2009 during my holydays, and I could not believe my eyes and ears. I'm german and I've seen hundreds of bands playing Led Zeppelin's music the last 30 years (even professionals, I worked for a TV network); but listening to Flowerstone live was the biggest surprise I could ever expect as a "long run" Zeppelin fan. The videos that Flowerstone posted on Youtube sound very good, but trust me if I tell you that their live sound is one of the best I've ever heard (very similar to the one of the album "The Song Remains The Same"), their look is very beautiful (Tarantino and Avelone resemble Plant/page a lot... and both of them sound so authentic!). they put a huge poignant feeling and "sweat" on the stage, Since I've been loving you and Stairway were unforgettable. What's more, they played more than two hours with a "The Song Remains The Same" set list (you can see the set list on a photo frame during their Moby Dick on youtube), plus Immigrant Song, I Can't Quit You, The Lemon Song.... If they will come to Germany, I'll be in the front row again. Just see this stairway solo-lyrics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZsttOPasKA&feature=channel

Mr. Jimmy is a fantastic Led Zeppelin tribute (I like very much the japaneese guitarist), but if I were Jason Bonham I would absolutely choose Flowerstone. - vn

Hello vonNurnberg and everyone!

There are only a select few IMHO that cover LZ and do an amazing job. FlowerStone is one of those bands. I can only imagine seeing them live and hope they do a US tour soon. I also love Randy Jackson of (Zebra).

Since this news was posted I have checked almost daily on Jason's website for any news on dates. This will be quite an emotional experience I am sure.

I can't even get through this without a few tears...Saw Bonzo do Moby Dick in 73 and 75. The power, the glory...there will never be another drummer IMO like him.

Hello vonNurnberg and everyone!

There are only a select few IMHO that cover LZ and do an amazing job. FlowerStone is one of those bands. I can only imagine seeing them live and hope they do a US tour soon. I also love Randy Jackson of (Zebra).

Since this news was posted I have checked almost daily on Jason's website for any news on dates. This will be quite an emotional experience I am sure.

I can't even get through this without a few tears...Saw Bonzo do Moby Dick in 73 and 75. The power, the glory...there will never be another drummer IMO like him.

I agree. It will be great. :)

It might be the band that performed with Jason on the link provided.

We'll see.

R B)

Hello, I absolutely agree with ZDR. Mr. Jimmy are fantastic, it is undoubtely one of the best Led Zeppelin cover bands on the web, the guitarist is very exciting and all of the other guys do their job very well, and forgive me if I say that I like just a few Zeppelin cover bands. I was "forced" to go to a FlowerStone show in Italy in july 2009 during my holydays, and I could not believe my eyes and ears. I'm german and I've seen hundreds of bands playing Led Zeppelin's music the last 30 years (even professionals, I worked for a TV network); but listening to Flowerstone live was the biggest surprise I could ever expect as a "long run" Zeppelin fan. The videos that Flowerstone posted on Youtube sound very good, but trust me if I tell you that their live sound is one of the best I've ever heard (very similar to the one of the album "The Song Remains The Same"), their look is very beautiful (Tarantino and Avelone resemble Plant/page a lot... and both of them sound so authentic!). they put a huge poignant feeling and "sweat" on the stage, Since I've been loving you and Stairway were unforgettable. What's more, they played more than two hours with a "The Song Remains The Same" set list (you can see the set list on a photo frame during their Moby Dick on youtube), plus Immigrant Song, I Can't Quit You, The Lemon Song.... If they will come to Germany, I'll be in the front row again. Just see this stairway solo-lyrics...

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Mr. Jimmy is a fantastic Led Zeppelin tribute (I like very much the japaneese guitarist), but if I were Jason Bonham I would absolutely choose Flowerstone. - vn

Well I'm always a bit skeptical about cover bands, but if you say this I'll definitely be nice to bring my son, who now loves LZ like me , to see Flowerstone.... I read their interview,they say they want to do a "philological" job on LZ, then with interpretation as possible adhering to the original model. ... it seems hard, given the size of the model, but if you say that I surely will go to see them. ... I think it could be also good to see this work of Jason...without going the pathetic...but we saw him when he was a kid in TSRTS playing drums while Mum and Dad danced ... .. well his emotions, memories, are not only interesting because is the son of the great Bonzo, but also because he is great musician too ... hoping that it will be nice and not disappointing. ...

Well I'm always a bit skeptical about cover bands, but if you say this I'll definitely be nice to bring my son, who now loves LZ like me , to see Flowerstone.... I read their interview,they say they want to do a "philological" job on LZ, then with interpretation as possible adhering to the original model. ... it seems hard, given the size of the model, but if you say that I surely will go to see them. ... I think it could be also good to see this work of Jason...without going the pathetic...but we saw him when he was a kid in TSRTS playing drums while Mum and Dad danced ... .. well his emotions, memories, are not only interesting because is the son of the great Bonzo, but also because he is great musician too ... hoping that it will be nice and not disappointing. ...

I've seen Flowerstone two times, 2009 july and august, the public was evry time made of great Led Zeppelin fans, and evrybody was jumping and singing, and they look very "zepy" even with their own dresses. - to Annam: if I can, I will go to Jason's show whoever he plays with, I'm sure he will choose good musicians!

Ross adds his perspective:

"Jason Bonham is doing a Led Zeppelin Tribute Tour of Canada and America, which just shows you what a greedy "Breadhead" Jason really is. I'm sure his father's turning in his grave. Apparently Jason is now called Bonzo Junior - vomit. He has no shame..."

Love,

Billy

He IS Bonzo Junior. Many people seem to miss that.

I'm not that keen on the whole idea, but if anyone - particularly a slimey hanger-on like RH - questions Jason's love for his Dad, and ultimately his Dad's love for him (he'd be "turning in his grave" to see Led Zeppelin 'exploited', rather than wanting his son to do what he feels he needs to?????) he is REALLY stepping over the line.

Ugh. Tasteless.

He IS Bonzo Junior. Many people seem to miss that.

I'm not that keen on the whole idea, but if anyone - particularly a slimey hanger-on like RH - questions Jason's love for his Dad, and ultimately his Dad's love for him (he'd be "turning in his grave" to see Led Zeppelin 'exploited', rather than wanting his son to do what he feels he needs to?????) he is REALLY stepping over the line.

Ugh. Tasteless.

Now now, Knebby, have you expected anything else from RH? :P

Edited by glicine