Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

This is probably a mistake (since I understand that Jason Bonham is no longer drumming with Foreigner) the media In Perú are saying that Jason Bonham is playing with Foreigner this next Tuesday, April 2nd, in Lima. Mr. Bonham's name is associated with Foreigner in most press reports I've seen from Perú, just wanted to mention this. Here's an example from Teleticket:

They are mistaken; Foreigner is touring with Chris Frazier on drums. Chris joined the group in September 2012.

They are mistaken; Foreigner is touring with Chris Frazier on drums. Chris joined the group in September 2012.

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know why there is no mention of the Heart dates on jblze.com? Unless of course they consider this a purely Heart business which it is, but I was expecting to see some sort of note on the website?

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know why there is no mention of the Heart dates on jblze.com? Unless of course they consider this a purely Heart business which it is, but I was expecting to see some sort of note on the website?

I believe Sam has said in the past the tour dates page is updated by management; the dates may be posted eventually.

• Administrators

For now, use Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JasonBonhamOfficial and www.JasonBonham.net

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Jason Bonham and Heart have a Whole Lotta Love for Led Zeppelin

By Joanie Cox-Henry

Rocker Jason Bonham holds an impressive legacy in his drumsticks. As the son of the late, legendary Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, his passion for drums began at age four. While he’s performed with his dad’s Led Zeppelin band mates in addition to creating his own music, Dec. 26, 2012 was a night that would change his life forever and lead him to his present tour.

Bonham shared the stage with Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart to perform “Stairway To Heaven” during the Led Zeppelin tribute at the Kennedy Center Honors.

As Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones looked on, the incredible melodic chemistry behind Bonham and the Wilson sisters prompted a phone call from executives at Live Nation.

“When I was asked to do ‘Stairway,’ I was like really? ‘Stairway?’ There are some songs you just don’t touch,” Bonham said. “But the arrangement with the choir, orchestra and way the whole band played was very special. Both Robert and John Paul were both blown away by the arrangements. It was cool and different. The respect to the original was incredible and Ann and Nancy were fantastic. There were 50 people bobbing up and down wearing top hats. The hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you see something like this.”

Bonham was blown away by the more than five million hits that one song garnered on YouTube. “The demand became so great it got released on iTunes,” Bonham said during a recent phone interview with Forum Publishing Group. “I later got a call from Live Nation asking how we could put something like this together for a show.”

They serendipitously joined forces for The Heartbreaker Tour: Heart with Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience. “I started talking to the girls from Heart and we came up with an idea of taking my band and doing a shorter version of what I normally do and then they would do a shortened version of their show,” Bonham explained. “Then, we could be together and end with my guitar player and do a 45 minute extravaganza of performing some of the greatest music from Led Zeppelin that there is. It’s going to be a fantastic summer.”

Bonham never actually played drums together with his father because they only had one drum kit at home, but every time he performs his father’s songs, it is sacred to him.

“It’s special to me to be able to do things we never got a chance to do together while he was alive,” the 46-year-old musician said. “As a teenager growing up, you kind of take it for granted. He was just dad to me. I was way more interested in The Police and Sting. This is my way of telling him how great I think he is.”

And a great drummer he was. In 2011, Rolling Stone’s readers declared John Bonham the “Best Drummer of All Time.”

“Every drummer I’ve ever spoken to or read an interview with – my dad is always in their top three,” Bonham said, proudly. “I’m honored to share his name and represent him all these years after he’s gone. It’s been fantastic. I’m a bit nervous about opening a tour where I live. We start in West Palm.”

Bonham moved to Boca Raton eight years ago and now calls Delray Beach home. He insists his humble dad would be taken aback by how famous he remained. “I don’t think he even realized that 33 years after he died, he’d be an icon in the drumming world and the band became what they did—bigger than ever,” Bonham said. “He’s such an icon and yet he was such a simple, regular guy when he was at home.”

Each time he picks up his drumsticks, Bonham welcomes the privilege of performing Zeppelin’s music including “Rock and Roll,” which he said is the most difficult Zeppelin song to drum correctly. “A lot of bands play this song but they’re not playing it right,” Bonham said. “It’s the way you’re playing sixteens on the high hat as well as the snare drum. You never really hear it so much on the album, but you can see it in a video they released of my father a few years ago. It has very intricate parts. A lot of the old shuffle drummers could do it really well, but it’s one of those things until you really look at it, you don’t realize how hard it is. There are some hidden notes that totally make that track lift.”

The show, Bonham said, also aims to make you feel Zeppelin’s music, not just hear it. There’s a point in the concert when Bonham plays his dad’s iconic “Moby Dick” drum solo while a split screen of his father performing the song plays in the background.

“We do is a shortened version of the song in the show and every time I play this, it takes my breath away,” Bonham said. “I’ve never been a huge fan of drum solos. The crowd seems to really enjoy this, which is really important to me. To be able to play something he became so famous for means a lot to me.”

He continues to write music and has plans to release his own line of wood-and-carbon-fiber Bonham drums.

By the middle of next year, Bonham also hopes to finish an album featuring everyone he’s worked with and those who he’d like to work with in addition to doing some acting. He appeared in Mark Walhberg’s 2001 film Rock Star as the Steel Dragon drummer.

“My behavior right at that point was truly like a rock star. I remember asking the director to give me my character,” Bonham said. “He asked me to be an alcoholic rock star so I said there’d be no acting involved then. Little did I know a year later, I checked myself into a clinic. I’ve been clean and sober ever since, but playing a rock star made me realize I had a problem.

“Working with Mark [Walhberg] was fantastic. He was very enthusiastic and really a nice guy. It was a huge thing to be a part of this movie and if I ever got asked to do something like that again, I would.”

Outside of his career, Bonham’s a proud papa, which is exactly what his own father was, he said. “My daughter is going to college and I’m very proud of her and my son is pursuing his own career in rap,” Bonham said. “I’m very proud of him and I encourage him to be creative and as real as possible. South Florida was definitely not a bad place for my kids to grow up. The wonderful thing about opening your eyes in the morning and looking out at the blue sky is you’re encouraged to go out and do things.”

The Heartbreaker Tour: Heart with Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience is 7:30 p.m. June 17 at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansburys Way, West Palm Beach. Tickets cost $25-$70. Visit Jasonbonham.net for details.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/citylink/sfl-jason-bonham-interview-20130605,0,4879695.story

Nancy Wilson states in her interview with Premier Guitar that they will bringing choirs from each city they play in to re-enact the "Stairway To Heaven" performance from the Kennedy Center Honors!

Full interview here: http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2013/Jul/Interview_Nancy_Wilson_Goddess_of_Rhythm.aspx

"We’re actually joining forces with Jason Bonham because of the Kennedy Center thing and how well received it was. We’re very excited about it and are getting choirs from each town we visit so that we can do “Stairway to Heaven” in a way similar to how we did it at the Kennedy Center. The fact that Zeppelin thinks it’s a cool idea is the only reason that we are even trying to do it."

First, I am mortified that I left this out of yesterdays Day in History thread and I cannot wait until Thursday to see this:-)

HEART WPB STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

Heart w/ Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience - West Palm Beach-FL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jSoN6wUs2lc

Thanks Ricardo Janoher^^

Have a great time my friend :)

First, I am mortified that I left this out of yesterdays Day in History thread and I cannot wait until Thursday to see this:-)

HEART WPB STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

Thanks ally:-)

God willing and the creek don't rise, the weather here Thursday night is supposed to be great. Wished a few of us here were going together :peace:

The heartbreaker tour. Heart and Jason Bonham's Led Z experience Cruzan

^^Thanks Humberto Castro

Have a great time Deb! We had a GREAT show last night in Tampa!

JBLZE set list was:

Immigrant Song

Ramble On

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

The Lemon Song

Houses Of The Holy

Nobodys Fault But Mine

When The Levee Breaks

Whole Lotta Love

Heart w/ Jason:

The Battle Of Evermore (Ann and Nancy only)

The Song Remains The Same

The Rain Song

The Ocean

Kashmir

Stairway To Heaven

I had never seen Heart before, always missed them for one reason or another - they were fantastic! Ann Wilson has one of the best live voices ever and Nancy has such stage presence, is obviously having a great time performing and isn't too hard on the eyes! ;)

You're in for a great night!!!

:peace:

Thank you for posting Walter!

Just two more days here until we see them!! Very excited!!!

EDIT:

Sorry...I am suffering from a food hangover from my son's birthday dinner at Fogo de Chao last night.

We go see Robert in two nights and Heart and Jason in August.

I am still excited to see Percy live for the first time.

Edited by Texas Melanie

Nice interview Sam:-)^^

Geezer, you are entitled to your opinion....but IMHO the inclusion of Jason it what makes this so special. Then to have Heart who also admire our band is just icing on the cake to me:-)

I made a poster to hold up that states "HELLO FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS OF WWW.LEDZEPPELIN.COM" and since I am front row I am sure Jason will see it. So for all you fellow forum members, I am bringing you with me tonight:-) I hope you don't mind. :peace:

Stairway To Heaven,HEART & Jason Bonham,Tampa

Kashmir, Heart & Jason Bonham, Tampa,2013

^Thanks grogruxking. Walter I bet this was great. There are several on you tube:-)

Hi Debs! :wave: Wait until you hear it tonight....way better than those videos sounded. I recorded TSRTS/TRS and TO on my phone, we were on the floor right in front of Nancy and the sound was so full with all those guitars heard individually. Being in the front row, you will be able to make eye contact with Jason quite easily. I think his band sounds better than ever. He told a couple of stories and asked if anyone was at the Tampa '77 show. Looking forward to reading your take on the evening. Have a great show! :)