Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

Thanks Walter:-) !! Now I am trying to decide what t-shirt to wear..a LZ one, a Page & Plant, the JBLZE 2010 tour....It's a great day today, took the day off work, so if deciding on what t-shirt to wear is the only thing I have to make a decision on it's a good day!! The weather is amazing today here as well. Going with a great group of friends...full report & photos tomorrow after I have had a little rest :-) :D

Have fun tonight, Deb!! I can't wait for the show here in August. I loved the 2010 JBLZE show and I saw Heart last year and they were awesome so I'm really looking forward to this combo.

For me, today is RP day eve! Woohoo! :)

Hi Gigi!!!

Have a blast tonight. I have to wait until July 19th to see Robert again. I will always remember our time seeing him here at the Fox and the two of us bolting to the front row after the first song:-) Priceless memories :friends:

Had a great time to say the least at Chastain Park Thursday night. Weather was amazing for this time of year. I stopped by my friends house which was close to the concert so we could all meet up there. We then went to the restaurant about 3 blocks from Chastain and had appetizers,drinks outdoors prior to the concert.

We then proceeded to the concert venue and arrived about 7:50PM. Here is a photo of the tour bus

JBLZEHeartChastainTourBus.jpg

Then JBLZE took the stage. Nobody for the most part was sitting down during the songs. Here is Dorian on bass who as usual did an amazing job.

DorianBassJBLZEHeartChastain2.jpg

JasonDorianJBLZEHeartChastian.jpg

more coming:-)

Then Heart took the stage and they were amazing. The Vocals had people screaming!! It was a great crowd:-)

HeartandJBLZEChastain1.jpg

HeartChastainJBLZE2.jpg

Then they came back together and did some great numbers, about to post the videos:-) I Love this one of Jason as well during STH

JasononlyJBLZEHeartChastain.jpg

The concert was almost 3 hours! It was fantastic to say the least.Then we made the huge mistake of partying a little late into the early hours of the morning. I am just about to get my voice back today:-) I did get a smile from Heart and Dorian when they saw the poster I had made:-) Then a few people approached me afterwards and asked me about the Forum, so hopefully they will become members. My friends were blown away to say the least. It was a great night, with some of the best music.

Edited by Deborah J

Heart - Barracuda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xpinNXCK4tE

Heart - Magic Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VAWys3-hOvs

Heart - Even It Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vL35EIk-k1o

^^Videos..thanks ra33ra33

I took many more photos, and will try to post them later :-). I did miss the home movies from the previous JBLZE, but having Heart there was great. As you can tell by the videos above and you can hear the crowd, we had a blast!!!!

Edited by Deborah J

Thanks for the great review Debs, great pictures (they are so clear), and great videos. I know you must have had a wonderful time. A couple of questions: how large was the venue? Did they have a really good crowd? :thumbsup: Heart was great and I loved seeing Jason playing.

Thanks for the great review Debs, great pictures (they are so clear), and great videos. I know you must have had a wonderful time. A couple of questions: how large was the venue? Did they have a really good crowd? :thumbsup: Heart was great and I loved seeing Jason playing.

Most welcome:-) Chastain holds almost 7,000 and it was packed. I would say a little over 6000 people. Crowd was fantastic. We were dripping wet by the 2nd song as nobody could sit down. People from all ages were there. It always makes a concert better when the crowd is right there with the musicians having a great time, feeding off of each other:-)

Jason Bonham Experience - Immigrant Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OEyT2CXg3Tk

Edit: I had already posted WLL..telling you I am just getting back to normal. :D

Edited by Deborah J

Heart - Barracuda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xpinNXCK4tE

Heart - Magic Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VAWys3-hOvs

Heart - Even It Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vL35EIk-k1o

^^Videos..thanks ra33ra33

I took many more photos, and will try to post them later :-). I did miss the home movies from the previous JBLZE, but having Heart there was great. As you can tell by the videos above and you can hear the crowd, we had a blast!!!!

...Deb, thanks for your dedicated contribution as always...So happy for you that you manged to decorate few more enjoyable and memorable moments in life...time well spent, and thanks for sharing....

• 3 weeks later...

These photos are GREAT, Deb!

Good job!!

All the best to you-

Mark

Had a great time to say the least at Chastain Park Thursday night. Weather was amazing for this time of year. I stopped by my friends house which was close to the concert so we could all meet up there. We then went to the restaurant about 3 blocks from Chastain and had appetizers,drinks outdoors prior to the concert.

We then proceeded to the concert venue and arrived about 7:50PM. Here is a photo of the tour bus

JBLZEHeartChastainTourBus.jpg

Then JBLZE took the stage. Nobody for the most part was sitting down during the songs. Here is Dorian on bass who as usual did an amazing job.

DorianBassJBLZEHeartChastain2.jpg

JasonDorianJBLZEHeartChastian.jpg

more coming:-)

^^Hi People:-)

Thanks jb126,that was very kind.

PlanetPage, most welcome and your contributions here are great. If you read this PM me so we can catch up.

Dallas Knebs, what a nice thing to say. Made me smile!

Mark, coming from you to say the photos were great..I am honored. We also need to catch up:-)

:peace:

A dee jay from 95.5 KLOS mentioned tonight that after the Heartbreaker tour is concluded, Jason will go out on tour by himself and perform along side a hologram version of his dad. This can't be true right? :dont:

The band are going to be headlining their own smaller-scale US tour.

The comment about the John Bonham hologram originates from this interview snippet:

I’m talking to people about holograms and my dream is to do the hologram drum solo with dad next to me.

Jason: (laughs). Yeah, so….that is my goal, my dream and we’re just trying to figure out everything that we can do with this show. There’s so much more that I would love to do but obviously I am limited somewhat as far as the footage that I have and the quality of the footage. These guys were operating in the 1970s and it’s not at all like it is today where everybody can record everything with a phone or digital camera. Back in those days if you had a camera that could record video you were well off and to be able to be proficient enough to edit or work with it or process it and release it was a whole other matter. It wasn’t as instant of a thing as it is now (laughs). I am trying to work with the limited footage I have, to put it together in a way that works and is purposeful. I did not want to go onstage and play Led Zeppelin songs, there has to be more than that. I wanted to create a complete experience of what Led Zeppelin means to me, growing up around them and being part of it all my life. Believe me, it can also be a hindrance but it has mostly been a pleasure and if anything playing their music and performing this show has simply been a pleasure. It’s definitely less stressful for me because I am way less critical of this music obviously than I am when writing or recording new material for myself of my band. I am notoriously hard on myself in terms of working on new material and while I am critical of my performance on the Led Zeppelin material, I am way more critical of my own stuff. I’m pretty hard on myself.

It's not a definite plan, more of a musing and an idea, but news sites are picking it up as fact.

Here's the source for the interview, it's a good read: http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2013/07/12/jason-bonham-talks-led-zeppelin-experience-touring-with-heart-celebration-day-and-more

One more day until the Pittsburgh Symphony / Music of LZ. And 4 more days until JBLZE. Busy week ahead but can't wait. Thanks for the awesome pics and videos! I will post if I get any good ones but my seats are nowhere near that close (a birthday gift from my parents).

A dee jay from 95.5 KLOS mentioned tonight that after the Heartbreaker tour is concluded, Jason will go out on tour by himself and perform along side a hologram version of his dad; this can't be true right? :dont:

Yes, it's true. There is a picture of the hologram and an article about it over on The Classic Rock website.

I saw the JBLZE and Heart here in CT on the 4th and like DeborahJ, I was on a natural high for days (I think I still am, quite frankly! :hurrah: ) I somehow feel confident that if Jason decides to do the hologram thing, it will only be because he found a way to do it well. It's his Dad, and he honors him with helping to keep the magic alive.