Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SteveAJones

Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

1,289 posts in this topic

Jason's about to take the stage in South Dakota on the 9th Anniversary of the 02 concert. Here's a promo interview for the show recorded earlier this week.

What a fool. Wonder what happens on the 10th anniversary btw. Just wish it was something done together. Might get some kind of release.

13 minutes ago, craigled said:

What a fool. Wonder what happens on the 10th anniversary btw. Just wish it was something done together. Might get some kind of release.

Having remastered and re-released the back catalog for the umpteenth time, a 10th anniversary release of a show just out on cd and dvd four years ago seems a bit market over saturation to me, I think the interesting development for 2017 is Jason hinting at a big announcement. Is he taking JBLZE to Europe and beyond at long last?  

40anniversarytoursidebanner-02.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

Very very sad Jason spending years doing this show. Must be getting paid well cause is smell of being a sell out at this point.  The points been made, you love your father and we do as well, but stop living in the past and do something new.  This is not "a led zeppelin experience" by any means, by the way, but rather just another tribute band really.  At least their not pretending to be Led Zeppelin with the silly 70's outfits.  But overall, its a dead show with not zip to it, no excitment; Just jason getting fat and lazy living behind dad.

Edited by Box of Jimmy's

I think he can do what he wants. He is talented enough. And if the demand is there. Yes something new would be good. So is something old. Jason- You are a top man.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:43 PM, Box of Jimmy's said:

Very very sad Jason spending years doing this show. Must be getting paid well cause is smell of being a sell out at this point.  The points been made, you love your father and we do as well, but stop living in the past and do something new.  This is not "a led zeppelin experience" by any means, by the way, but rather just another tribute band really.  At least their not pretending to be Led Zeppelin with the silly 70's outfits.  But overall, its a dead show with not zip to it, no excitment; Just jason getting fat and lazy living behind dad.

To be fair, he's doing a lot of other things at the moment. Has the JBLZE run it's course? I would have thought so but someone is buying tickets to these gigs. I still say his best project was Bonham ('89-'93) but Daniel MacMaster is long since deceased so we'll never see any more from that lineup. 

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, Box of Jimmy's said:

I have to agree with this, quite apart from the points you have made - I find the lumping of Led Zeppelin's music in with mediocre piffle like Foreigner & Cheap trick a tad cringe worthy too.

I'm sure some people love to go along to see this stuff but it's certainly not for me & that's coming from a huge John Bonham & Led Zeppelin fan.

ya, i think it's about time Jason stopped riding his dad's coat tails and get onto something new. he's milking this to no end. yes, my 2 cents, deal with it.

There's a new Black Country Communion album to be recorded and released in the near future. So Jason will be involved in composing new music soon. He has expressed the need to go back to writing's work.

^it's a shame Joe B. won't be involved. i'm not a fan of Glen H. at all.

^^Not sure where you heard that Joe B. will not be involved. He is involved. Unless there is something I missed recently...

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/15365-black-country-communion/&do=findComment&comment=866824

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-country-communion-begins-recording-fourth-album/

Edited by luvlz2