Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

Somehow the other day I was able to get tix to riverside, CA. I bought ten tix in the VIP section in the front. I cannot believe how lucky I am. I think so anyway.

What's weird is that now Ticketmaster doesn't even list the show, and the jblze.com website lists tickets sale date TBA.

I've got confirmations by email, but they still haven't charged my cc.

They are on the myticketmaster tab for shows I have tickets to.

TM must've screwed up is all I can figure.

This reminds me of the zeppelin reunion where harvey was going to cancel the tickets of anyone who got theirs from ebay.

Am I going or am I not???

:smiley_pray:

Following up on my own post: They charged my cc today for the Riverside CA tickets. I have never been so lucky to get front row before they even officially went onsale. SWEET!!! Can't wait to get the actual tickets inhand. They say 10-14 days.

I tend to trust the list of concert dates and venues posted by johnroxx, as I called the Music Hall at Fair Park today, and spoke to Jayne Basse, and she said they just singed the papers for the JB LZE to be there on Nov. 18th. Jamie said she though the tickets would likely go on sale Sept. 2nd (Thurs.)..... but that part is unconfirmed. And, any pre-sale date, would obviously come before that.

Just keep Checking TM every day. I will post here when I find out more . . .

Here's a Seating Chart for the 3,420 seat Music Hall at Fair Park:

http://www.liveatthemusichall.com/seatingchart.shtm

I've been to several events at the Music Hall, and sitting in the balcony was good, only if you are at the front of the first section.

On the Floor, you would not want to be more than half way back in the first section.

Acoustically, the Music Hall is fine, no problem.

The Dart Green Line Light Rail serves Fair Park, and currently, the last train out from that station is at 11:51pm, but I'd take a car, it's on a Thursday night, and traffic shouldn't be too bad going and coming.

Thanks, Rover. :thumbsup:

Btw I see it's now listed on his site again.

Edited by Aquamarine

Now the Riverside show and many of the canadian shows are available on Ticketmaster, but the jblze website still says ticket sale date TBA or onsale date is several days away.

What is up???

When I check the Fox PAC this morning they were still not on sale. Checked again at 1 and it had changed to available. Called the box office they didn't realize the tickets were available yet. I will definately be there. Look forward to the show and meeting any forum friends who may be there.

Edited by ledzepfvr

No concert dates for Columbus or Cincinnati or Cleveland? :(

None of the venues that he is playing at are near me.

There seems to be about a week that is unscheduled in Jason's tour after New York City. Perfect opportunity to add a concert date in Ohio!

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

There seems to be about a week that is unscheduled in Jason's tour after New York City. Perfect opportunity to add a concert date in Ohio!

If not, they ARE coming to Tulsa and this Buckeye has a scarlet and grey guest bedroom!

... And Atlanta before stopping to Florida for a few concert dates. :)

R B)

If not, they ARE coming to Tulsa and this Buckeye has a scarlet and grey guest bedroom!

Hello 01091944 (Jimmy's Birthday)!

Thanks for the invite, fellow Buckeye!

I have never been to Oklahoma before. I have a few Optometrist friends who live there who I could hang out with, but I don't think that I will be able to visit Oklahoma anytime soon.

I may be able to manage to get to the New York City concert. I will just have to wait and see what my schedule is in November to see if I can make it happen.

The second i heard about this i bought myself a ticket and my mom a ticket as close as possible, price didnt matter. i havent got the chance to see Zepp live so if this is as close as im gonna get im gonna make it the best! oh and does anyone know who the other members are that are playing with Jason?

Hello 01091944 (Jimmy's Birthday)!

Thanks for the invite, fellow Buckeye!

I have never been to Oklahoma before. I have a few Optometrist friends who live there who I could hang out with, but I don't think that I will be able to visit Oklahoma anytime soon.

I may be able to manage to get to the New York City concert. I will just have to wait and see what my schedule is in November to see if I can make it happen.

All right, but I WILL tempt you again if we manage to get the promoter to agree to a Meet and Greet here! (I'm going to have JBLZE and another trouncing of Michigan all in the same 10 day period!)

oh and does anyone know who the other members are that are playing with Jason?

Nope! He isn't telling either from what I have read. I was going to wait to buy tickets for the Indiana show after I found out who all was in the band. Either it will leak out or we will have to wait till after the first gig I guess to find out!

This recent feature story on the band 29 Mules mentions two bassists and a harmonica player, one of whom may be connected to Jason Bonham...

Bad ass and blue

People get ready, there's a mule train a-comin'

By Michel Cicero 08/12/2010

The story goes that Casey Cannon under normal circumstances educated, sharp, not prone to confusion, but in this case, road-weary and beginning to succumb to the effects of low humidity and the relentlessly monotonous desert landscape alongside guitarist Xavier Gonzalez somehow mixed up the city named Twentynine Palms with the street called Mule Team Road. And in one serendipitous moment, out of the ancient dust plastered to his brow by the sweat of the last 100 miles, 29 Mules came into being.

Cannon and Gonzalez, both with roots in Texas and California, met, as so many talented musicians do pushing gear at Guitar Center. Whether or not the stars aligned is anyone's guess, but only fate could be responsible for such chemistry the result of which is balls-to-the-wall, boot-to-the-booty, hip-shakin', rock solid, smart, sexy, badass country music. That's not to say there isn't the occasional sun-kissed ballad in the band's 500-song repertoire, but inasmuch as a country band can genuinely rock 29 Mules does.

The union that's been tearing up the L.A. rockabilly/psychobilly scene like a slow-moving twister through the plains, began as a funky blues-rock thing more than a decade ago. "Kenny Wayne Shepherd meets the Red Hot Chili Peppers," says Gonzalez. But given that they both had at least half a heart in the Lone Star State, their progression from rock to country was a natural one. It is the symbiosis between Gonzalez's shredding blues sensibility and Cannon's multi-instrumental quickdraw plus clever, country boy charisma that give their sound the edge that separates them from the pack.

"I've always done things differently musically and artistically," says Cannon. "I never really existed on the same plane as most people, especially in Fort Worth." Despite his differences with some of the state's majority socio-political viewpoints "the real cowboys of the South are open-minded" Cannon's and Gonzalez's fondness for Texas is undeniable. "I still love where I come from farmers and ranchers. My grandpa could tell it was gonna rain a week ahead of time by the cattle."

Cannon and Gonzalez, who form the nucleus of 29 Mules, have been both blessed and cursed with a rotating stable of crack players (David Raven,drums; Johnny Griparic, bass; Ted Russell Kamp, bass; David Spangler, harmonica) who, because of engagements with the likes of Lucinda Williams, Slash, Shooter Jennings and Jason Bonham, are not always available to plow the local and regional club circuits with the Mules. This makes a permanent lineup an elusive goal, but one they will continue to pursue.

In a live environment, response to the Mules' brand of raucous, party-time country music is most noticeable on the dance floor, where even people not normally prone to shaking their stuff in public are compelled to get in on the action. On stage, great songs played with gusto are accented by Cannon's infectious energy and Raven's old-school punker spin on the drum kit, but ultimately it's Gonzalez's skilled and soulful handling of those six strings that drives this mule train. A natural bluesman who's been playing since he was 16 years old, Gonzalez's style tips a hat to Keith Richards and Stevie Ray Vaughn, breaking into solos that summon Carlos Santana and somehow it all weaves seamlessly into the band's country patchwork. Raised on Waylon Jennings and Hank Williams, Gonzales knew the only kind of country he would be able to roll with was the outlaw variety. "We want to take some traditional stuff and beef it up it's so much more fun," he says.

While 29 Mules goes best with whiskey shots, snakeskin boots and eau de dive bar, the next best thing to seeing them live is rockin' them on the iPod. The band released 80 Feet Deep, its second full-length, late last year and a third is in the works which Gonzalez says, despite being more mature, will "still kick ass." But it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll, or if you wanna rock Nashville.

Their biggest break thus far besides working with some of the best musicians money can't buy has been getting a rotation on SIRIUS XM satellite radio's Outlaw Country station. The airplay has expanded the band's fanbase to the Midwest, where they hope to tour in the near future.

Next up for 29 Mules is a short tour of Texas and just maybe a little love from the HBO cult series True Blood. For now, you can catch them Thursday, Aug. 12, at Sans Souci in Ventura and at the Ventura County Fair Station Stage on Saturday, Aug. 14, at 9 p.m.

http://www.vcreporte..._and_blue/8152/

Edited by SteveAJones

This recent feature story on the band 29 Mules mentions two bassists and a harmonica player, one of whom may be connected to Jason Bonham...

Bad ass and blue

People get ready, there's a mule train a-comin'

By Michel Cicero 08/12/2010

The story goes that Casey Cannon — under normal circumstances educated, sharp, not prone to confusion, but in this case, road-weary and beginning to succumb to the effects of low humidity and the relentlessly monotonous desert landscape alongside guitarist Xavier Gonzalez — somehow mixed up the city named Twentynine Palms with the street called Mule Team Road. And in one serendipitous moment, out of the ancient dust plastered to his brow by the sweat of the last 100 miles, 29 Mules came into being.

Cannon and Gonzalez, both with roots in Texas and California, met, as so many talented musicians do — pushing gear at Guitar Center. Whether or not the stars aligned is anyone's guess, but only fate could be responsible for such chemistry — the result of which is balls-to-the-wall, boot-to-the-booty, hip-shakin', rock solid, smart, sexy, badass country music. That's not to say there isn't the occasional sun-kissed ballad in the band's 500-song repertoire, but inasmuch as a country band can genuinely rock — 29 Mules does.

The union that's been tearing up the L.A. rockabilly/psychobilly scene like a slow-moving twister through the plains, began as a funky blues-rock thing more than a decade ago. "Kenny Wayne Shepherd meets the Red Hot Chili Peppers," says Gonzalez. But given that they both had at least half a heart in the Lone Star State, their progression from rock to country was a natural one. It is the symbiosis between Gonzalez's shredding blues sensibility and Cannon's multi-instrumental quickdraw plus clever, country boy charisma that give their sound the edge that separates them from the pack.

"I've always done things differently — musically and artistically," says Cannon. "I never really existed on the same plane as most people, especially in Fort Worth." Despite his differences with some of the state's majority socio-political viewpoints — "the real cowboys of the South are open-minded" — Cannon's and Gonzalez's fondness for Texas is undeniable. "I still love where I come from — farmers and ranchers. My grandpa could tell it was gonna rain a week ahead of time by the cattle."

Cannon and Gonzalez, who form the nucleus of 29 Mules, have been both blessed and cursed with a rotating stable of crack players (David Raven,drums; Johnny Griparic, bass; Ted Russell Kamp, bass; David Spangler, harmonica) who, because of engagements with the likes of Lucinda Williams, Slash, Shooter Jennings and Jason Bonham, are not always available to plow the local and regional club circuits with the Mules. This makes a permanent lineup an elusive goal, but one they will continue to pursue.

In a live environment, response to the Mules' brand of raucous, party-time country music is most noticeable on the dance floor, where even people not normally prone to shaking their stuff in public are compelled to get in on the action. On stage, great songs played with gusto are accented by Cannon's infectious energy and Raven's old-school punker spin on the drum kit, but ultimately it's Gonzalez's skilled and soulful handling of those six strings that drives this mule train. A natural bluesman who's been playing since he was 16 years old, Gonzalez's style tips a hat to Keith Richards and Stevie Ray Vaughn, breaking into solos that summon Carlos Santana — and somehow it all weaves seamlessly into the band's country patchwork. Raised on Waylon Jennings and Hank Williams, Gonzales knew the only kind of country he would be able to roll with was the outlaw variety. "We want to take some traditional stuff and beef it up — it's so much more fun," he says.

While 29 Mules goes best with whiskey shots, snakeskin boots and eau de dive bar, the next best thing to seeing them live is rockin' them on the iPod. The band released 80 Feet Deep, its second full-length, late last year and a third is in the works — which Gonzalez says, despite being more mature, will "still kick ass." But it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll, or if you wanna rock Nashville.

Their biggest break thus far — besides working with some of the best musicians money can't buy — has been getting a rotation on SIRIUS XM satellite radio's Outlaw Country station. The airplay has expanded the band's fanbase to the Midwest, where they hope to tour in the near future.

Next up for 29 Mules is a short tour of Texas and just maybe a little love from the HBO cult series True Blood. For now, you can catch them Thursday, Aug. 12, at Sans Souci in Ventura and at the Ventura County Fair Station Stage on Saturday, Aug. 14, at 9 p.m.

http://www.vcreporte..._and_blue/8152/

Interesting. Thanks, Steve.

R B)

:bubble:

Canada Rocks!!! :D

RUSH

Tom Cochrane/Red Rider

TPOH

Northern Pikes

Grapes of Wrath

Gowan

Tea Party

Ian Thornley/ Big Wreck

Atlanta Rocks, too!!!

Hope Jason and company will add our city to the itinerary.

R B)

Edited by reids

Canada Rocks!!! :D

RUSH

Tom Cochrane/Red Rider

TPOH

Northern Pikes

Grapes of Wrath

Gowan

Tea Party

Ian Thornley/ Big Wreck

Atlanta Rocks, too!!!

Hope Jason and company will add our city to the itinerary.

R B)

You forgot Neil Young too.

You forgot Neil Young too.

Hey Hey My My, Forgot Him, too ;) and the rocker, Joni Mitchell.

while we're at it, there's Gordon Lightfoot, Loverboy, Chilliwack, Honeymoon Suite, BTO, etc.... etc...

R B)

Edited by reids