St. Louis 1973

albionremain

• Administrators

It was at the Arena, not Kiel Aud. It may have originally been scheduled there, but moved to the Arena. The photos are from the Arena (including the outside marquee), and the ticket stub we have is from the photographer and states the venue.

Also, the comments on the Timeline page from fans who attended all reference the Arena.

ledzeppelin.com/show/may-11-1973

It was at the Arena, not Kiel Aud. It may have originally been scheduled there, but moved to the Arena. The photos are from the Arena (including the outside marquee), and the ticket stub we have is from the photographer and states the venue.

Also, the comments on the Timeline page from fans who attended all reference the Arena.

ledzeppelin.com/show/may-11-1973

Sorry, Sam, I'm still not convinced. The outside marquee photo may have been from the April 15, 1977 concert. The ticket stub says "Missouri Arena", when it was called the St. Louis Arena. I do believe they did not play at the Arena until the '75 tour.

Well....

...this pic here on the Timeline

stlouis73-1.jpg

Plus this stock photo of the St Louis Arena pretty well point that the May 11, 1973 show was there, not the Kiel or anywhere else. Check out the ST LOUIS in the marquee, the three lines below plus the brick column. They all match up.

200-12.jpg

The gig was definitely played at the St. Louis Arena. In Ratner's "Live Dreams" book he listed every Zeppelin concert he saw (and photographed) in person, including the 5/11/73 gig at the Arena:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/AlbumZeppelin/scan0010.jpg

The marquee photo is a definite match:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/AlbumZeppelin/slarena-edited.jpg

BTW, why would the arena advertise an antique show on the marquee 5 weeks before it was coming to the arena (if the marquee photo was taken on 4/15/77, as you suggested)? It makes so much more sense that the 5/18-5/20 antique show was advertised on the night of the 5/11/73 Zeppelin show.

• 11 years later...
6 hours ago, Desert Prince said:

It was at Kiel Auditorium!!!

I miss those days…..and confused!

lol 

I am pretty sure it was at the St. Louis Arena. 

The St. Louis Arena was much bigger than the Kiel Auditorium (the arena could seat 18,000 and the auditorium could seat 9,000) and by that time Led Zeppelin were playing massive sports arenas and stadiums. Besides, IMO it wouldn't make sense to play for 16,000 people in Tuscaloosa, Alabama (with a population of not even 100,000) but only play for 9,000 people in St. Louis, which has a population of 309,000. 

It could've have been moved from the Kiel Auditorium to the St. Louis Arena for extra tickets to be sold. 

• 4 months later...