Charlotte Martin

ms_zeppelin94

Hey, I've kinda missed it around here... :)

ANYWAYS;

I'm curious about Charlotte. I've tried search engines, but can't find much on her.

I'm looking for random information, anything you guys might know.

But I'm also wondering about dates; when was she with Eric? When did that whole mess with George and Pattie go over?

I know when her & Jimmy met, but when was Scarlet born?

I'll be really grateful with any random stories or anything. There has to be something about her...

Thanks guys!

ANYWAYS;

I'm curious about Charlotte. I've tried search engines, but can't find much on her.

But I'm also wondering about dates; when was she with Eric? When did that whole mess with George and Pattie go over?

I'll be really grateful with any random stories or anything. There has to be something about her...

Thanks guys!

...you can start here...

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Charlotte_Martin_(model)

as far her meeting Page, it was stated in the mystery thread recently that she and Page may have met earlier '69 as oppose to what Richard Cole states they met at Royal Albert Hall January 9, 1970 (Jimmy's 26th birthday)

But Steve don't you think other people might now? I know this is hardly a secret but its really a case of putting ideas in people's heads don't you think?

Well, she's actually been receptive to some inquiries via (edit: deleted for privacy concerns). Even so, I'm not opposed to having this point of reference deleted from the thread.

She is on facebook. (Of course you can only see if you have a facebook account). I have been too shy to actually ask anything though. I would like to know what happened about the new documnetary (Psychedelic Revolution) she was interviewed for.

• 5 months later...

Creem (February 1977) (USA)

197702Creem.jpg

Scan courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Steve,

'London Wimpy bar?' Do you not think this was someone making mischief? After all, he would have been obliged to provide a house and financial maintenance for Scarlet. Having said that, as far as I know, at that time Charlotte was not qualified as anything other than a model.

BTW, I have PM'd you with resources, as promised.:thumbsup:

Creem (February 1977) (USA)

197702Creem.jpg

Scan courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

45673_1483392136017_1570263091_1197076_5371473_n.jpg

Scan courtesy Knebby

I can't believe these two articles came out around the same time. Sometimes I've heard 'rumors' that Jimmy frequently had given expensive gifts to Charlotte during the time they were together.

Which should I believe??? :rolleyes:

Steve,

'London Wimpy bar?' Do you not think this was someone making mischief? After all, he would have been obliged to provide a house and financial maintenance for Scarlet. Having said that, as far as I know, at that time Charlotte was not qualified as anything other than a model.

BTW, I have PM'd you with resources, as promised.:thumbsup:

Creem was a very irreverent publication (Lester Bangs was probably their most prominent writer). and I'd take any of their captions with a grain of salt. This is not to say that there wasn't a little trouble in paradise around this time. An extravagant gift may sometimes stem from extravagant arguments.

:lol:

ANYWAYS;

Thanks guys!

I'm too late to answer though....

She was with Eric at least until spring of 1968 and they separated because of her fling with George Harrison.George said to the interview in that way in 1977.(according to Allen Klein's book)

Eric changed the story a little in his autobiography.I don't know the reason.

Jimmy and Charlotte met on 9th January 1970.Soon they fell in love and Scarlet was born on 24th March 1971.

They had a long relationship till 1982 or 1983.

It is said they had a stormy 'marriage',but as far as I researched they were not so strange couple.In my opinion, because they were(are) too silent about their personal life the outsiders spread a lot of rumors and a lot of stories were made.

I had chased only his own words.The followings are the parts of them.

From 'Guitar World' May issue 2007(54P) Jimmy said about his life around 1973 that 'We really only socialized when we were on the road. We all really came to value our family lives.....Our families helped keep us sane.''

From THE INDEPENDENT 2004

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/jimmy-page-the-godfather-of-rock-557876.html

"The four members of Led Zeppelin were very different characters in their lifestyles, and that's what made them tick. Two lived in the South and two lived in the Midlands and, apart from when we got together to do rehearsals and write and record, we were all family men with separate lives. Yet when the four members bonded together musically, it brought out this different, fifth, element."

Of course Jimmy had a lot of another female relationships (like many musicians at that time) but those were just encounters on the road and not important for him at all.I confirmed it to several people who really know or knew Jimmy.

In actual he never try to contact those women today.

Anyway today Jimmy Page has a large and beautiful family.The people he calls 'family' are Charlotte,Jimena,Patricia,their all children,Scarlet's husband and granddaughter.Nobody can enter there,I think.

• 6 years later...

I hopes this article helps you: http://www.dollyrockergirl.com/2009/06/wanna-tell-you-about-girl-i-love-my-she.html It is trustworthy; I have checked these informations and quotes and they are correct! 

"Charlotte Martin was a French model who was popular during the mid-60s to 70s. Like pretty much all gorgeous models during this time, Charlotte dated her fair share of rock stars. She dated Eric Clapton for nearly three years, from 1965 to 1968. Charlotte became involved with Eric around the time that his band Cream was forming, meeting at the Speakeasy Club in London, where she was then-living for her modeling career. Eric, in his autobiography “Clapton,” described Charlotte as “one of the great loves of my life…I was smitten with her from the very first moment I set eyes on her.” In early 1967, Charlotte and Eric moved in together and she began to become better friends with George Harrison and Pattie Boyd, even participating in the Beatles’ worldwide broadcast of “All You Need is Love.” Of his relationship with Charlotte, Eric said that she “was an incredible girl, more interested in films, art and literature than in modeling, and we had a great time together.” Despite this, their relationship would last about another year or so before it came to its abrupt end. In late 1968, her relationship with Clapton ended because he fell in love with Pattie Boyd, who by then was a close friend of Charlotte’s. In Eric’s mind, Charlotte stood “in the way of someone else, who, even though I couldn’t have her, was commanding my every thought.” After the breakup, she briefly moved in with Pattie and George at their bungalow Kinfauns. Charlotte, aware that Pattie was the cause of her breakup with Eric (even though Pattie didn’t know it at that time), had a brief affair with George in early 1969. After Pattie found out, she was devastated that Charlotte, her friend, would do that; Pattie left Kinfauns and refused to come home until George had ordered Charlotte to leave. The betrayal that Pattie felt apparently never healed, as Pattie referred to Charlotte in her autobiography as “a French girl,” never saying her name and revealing barely more than she “was going out with Eric Clapton” and was “always flirtatious” and “uncomfortably close with George.” After leaving Kinfauns, Charlotte returned to Paris to continue modeling. In January 1970, Charlotte was introduced to Jimmy Page by Roger Daltrey and his future wife Heather Taylor on Jimmy's 26th birthday. Later that year, she moved into Page’s Pangbourne Boathouse and had a daughter Scarlet with Jimmy in March 1971. Charlotte continued to travel with the band, going with them to Bron-Yr-Aur, Knebworth Festival, Rhodes in Greece, and Montruex. Robert Plant once said that Scarlet was conceived “about half an hour” after “That’s the Way” was written at Bron-Yr-Aur. Her relationship with Page was a happy one for a time, with him calling her ‘my lady’ and they together throwing parties for each other. Though they broke off the relationship in late 1983, Page said in 2004 that his relationship with Charlotte is a good one, maintaining that “we are a close-knit family.” “Every Christmas we are all together, all the mums and all the children.”
A lot of attention was always paid to Charlotte’s beauty. Eric Clapton wrote that “she was very beautiful in an austere way, classically French, with long legs and an incredible figure, but it was her eyes that got on me. They were slightly Asian with a downward slant, and a little bit sad.” Richard Cole, former tour manager for Led Zeppelin, wrote that “Charlotte was the type of girl who you couldn’t look at just once. Tall. Thin. Blonde. Perfect features. You have to glance a second time.”

The key to google "Charlotte Martin 1970". You'll get much more information that way!

Archived