Them Crooked Vultures

I've thought long and hard and decided that since these are the last two shows in the states - I'm going.

Tix are still available through ticket vendor sites for about $100.

Although the rumour mill has them doing another album and coming back again I really don't want

to chance it. Anything can happen at anytime and in the Rock and Roll world often does. I really think they should continue, as I obviously love them, but as we know there are no guarantees in life.

Unfortunately none of my circle of friends are crazy enough as me to drive halfway across the country to see a rock and roll band so I put out an open invite to anyone interested. Over eighteen only!

I'm driving from NY to Indy on 5/16, the indy show is 5/17, then drive to chicago either that night or

the next morning. See the final US show and then drive back to NY on 5/19. May stop at the rock and roll hall of fame on the way home, depends on timing.

I have room for three if anyone is interested. it's going to be a blast!

• 2 years later...

Although the rumour mill has them doing another album and coming back again I really don't want

to chance it. Anything can happen at anytime and in the Rock and Roll world often does. I really think they should continue, as I obviously love them, but as we know there are no guarantees in life.

I just read where Dave Grohl said the Foo Fighters are going on a long hiatus.....

HOPEFULLY, that means time for another Crooked Vultures disc and tour!

Edited by Walter

Did anyone take bigzepfan up on his offer?

Hello Strider! Bigzepfan here......

Noone took me up on the ride....however I was first in line in both Indianapolis(830AM in the rain) and Chicago - 930AM - and of course front row for both shows.....

In Chicago I rocked out so hard to Elephants that I nearly had a heart attack....truly scared myself....had to catch my breath for a bit....

I'm so glad I did it....It was a long trip for two shows, but I just HAD to see them...and I was right...they did not continue.....

Hello Strider! Bigzepfan here......

Noone took me up on the ride....however I was first in line in both Indianapolis(830AM in the rain) and Chicago - 930AM - and of course front row for both shows.....

In Chicago I rocked out so hard to Elephants that I nearly had a heart attack....truly scared myself....had to catch my breath for a bit....

I'm so glad I did it....It was a long trip for two shows, but I just HAD to see them...and I was right...they did not continue.....

it is weird you say that about having a near heart attack, ... when i saw them in sydney a few years ago, as we were walking away after the gig, i had to stop and sit down as i started to get a bit disorientated and short of breath, we weren't walking fast. i put it down to being a bit over-heated and thirsty after rocking out to the band. it was australia day ( january ) so mid-summer and quite hot.....

Was fortunate enough to have seen this band 3 times, twice in L.A., and once in Vegas. So good live, the record is good but doesn't do the band justice IMO; they have to be seen live in order to fully appreciate their sound. Grohl is an amazing drummer and belongs their solely IMO, Foo's are nice and Grohl is adequate as a singer, but he's brilliant behind a kit. The way JPJ and Grohl were locked in live was something I will never forget and hope to see once again soon. It's unfortunate that the Queens album is lagging at the moment, stars just don't seemed to be aligned for a Vultures reunion at this time.

"Yes... I was serious. I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while..."

This was Dave Grohl's statement on the FF facebook page last week. Josh Homme is working on a QOTSA album that is slated to be released in the spring, but he was supposed to be working on it when TCV finished their last tour....

I hope the stars do align themselves, maybe Dave can pull them all together.....?

:smiley_pray:

• 2 weeks later...

I've also recently heard that Foo Fighters are taking an extended break..

Dave Grohl is most likely clearing his calender for TCV2.

edit ... of course I didn't see Walter's post. Sorry Walter.

Sounds like something is brewing.

Edited by the chase

The opera will be in Europe, 2014. I know that TVC said when finishing their tour they had demos for the second disc already in place to be worked on. Just hope 2013 fits in nicely with their plans! Thanks for the input everybody!!!

Here's to hoping they fit it in......the only thing really on the books that's in the way is the new QOTSA record which they've been on again off again working on since 2007. Could see the release schedule getting in the way of the vultures potentially, but it wouldn't shock me if in like January the Vultures gather in LA and get cracking on some work, they've got the kind of chemistry together and some old demos already written, they could likely get the product together pretty quickly, especially considering the work ethic of the men involved in it. Will be very interesting to see where they go with this second record, and who knows, maybe we'll get super lucky and Jimmy Page will get active and contribute a solo or two.....we can all dream right?

Here's to hoping they fit it in......the only thing really on the books that's in the way is the new QOTSA record which they've been on again off again working on since 2007. Could see the release schedule getting in the way of the vultures potentially, but it wouldn't shock me if in like January the Vultures gather in LA and get cracking on some work, they've got the kind of chemistry together and some old demos already written, they could likely get the product together pretty quickly, especially considering the work ethic of the men involved in it. Will be very interesting to see where they go with this second record, and who knows, maybe we'll get super lucky and Jimmy Page will get active and contribute a solo or two.....we can all dream right?

Nah.

TCV is a band on its own. JPJ and Homme are main song-writers in that band. Someone with musical ability that Page has would destroy inner balance of it. And it would also lead to a lot of unnecessary questions. TCV is another chance for Homme to establish himself as lead player,musician of highest level. Someone legendary as Page would over-shadow that.

And in OTD he sounded quite bitter about TCV.

Nah.

TCV is a band on its own. JPJ and Homme are main song-writers in that band. Someone with musical ability that Page has would destroy inner balance of it. And it would also lead to a lot of unnecessary questions. TCV is another chance for Homme to establish himself as lead player,musician of highest level. Someone legendary as Page would over-shadow that.

And in OTD he sounded quite bitter about TCV.

Jimmy needs to put up his own TCV. Then he won't be bitter...

What was he wrote about TCV anyway? I vaguely remember about it...

Edited by hecube