Rush

lzzoso

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, this band is #1 to me, my first, and only, ever favorite band.

And I just scored free tickets to see them in Buffalo!!!!! So pumped!!!! Will probably cry at some point, not joking.

I was lucky enough to have dinner with Alex one night a couple of years ago. What a fantastic guy. He played golf with me and some pals and then ate with us afterwards. Even got hime to sign an acoustic guitar. He answered every question about every guitar amp and song we could muster. He was telling us about the Rio concerts he was getting ready to do and how much work was going into the logistics of getting all their gear down there.... then about a year later the dvd came out. He is an avid golfer and was leaving us to go hang out with Lee Janzen that night. If you have not seen his acting ability on some of the Trailor Park Boys episode you should check them out. (My uncle got me three records when I was 11yrs old back in 1975-6, Physical Graffitti, KISS ALive and RUSH-Caress of Steel...Great Band...enjoy the concert......cheers Rich

I was lucky enough to have dinner with Alex one night a couple of years ago. What a fantastic guy. He played golf with me and some pals and then ate with us afterwards. Even got hime to sign an acoustic guitar. He answered every question about every guitar amp and song we could muster. He was telling us about the Rio concerts he was getting ready to do and how much work was going into the logistics of getting all their gear down there.... then about a year later the dvd came out. He is an avid golfer and was leaving us to go hang out with Lee Janzen that night. If you have not seen his acting ability on some of the Trailor Park Boys episode you should check them out. (My uncle got me three records when I was 11yrs old back in 1975-6, Physical Graffitti, KISS ALive and RUSH-Caress of Steel...Great Band...enjoy the concert......cheers Rich

That is so cool, I'm jealous! I will certainly enjoy myself. When my dad was a kid, his father's fire company was supplying something or other for the concert venue, and he was told to take some boxes to a storage room down a hall. He was intentionally pointed to the wrong door, and entered Rush's dressing room by mistake, and proceeded to have a conversation with his favorite band. Maybe something cool like that will happen to me someday.

That is so cool, I'm jealous! I will certainly enjoy myself. When my dad was a kid, his father's fire company was supplying something or other for the concert venue, and he was told to take some boxes to a storage room down a hall. He was intentionally pointed to the wrong door, and entered Rush's dressing room by mistake, and proceeded to have a conversation with his favorite band. Maybe something cool like that will happen to me someday.

Is this your first time seeing them?.....If so, you're in for a treat. i saw them years ago at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. They were friggin awesome!

Is this your first time seeing them?.....If so, you're in for a treat. i saw them years ago at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. They were friggin awesome!

Saw them when I was like eight, but don't remember much, it was at a crappy venue too, where this is in first niagra center in Buffalo.

I know it will be literally one of the highlights of my life when I die.

Saw them when I was like eight, but don't remember much, it was at a crappy venue too, where this is in first niagra center in Buffalo.

I know it will be literally one of the highlights of my life when I die.

Hey Arcane 29, RUSH is going in the R&R Hall of Fame....About time....cheers Rich

• 3 weeks later...

I've read that their current set is heavy on the new disc and not much from the 70's until the encores!

Saw them 4 times, each and every show was awesome!!!

:thumbsup:

I've seen the set list for the current tour - I'm giving this one a miss, not much for me there, which is a shame as they're one of the best live. I first saw them in 1981 and last saw them in 2011... :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Rush Live DVD Due In May?

Rush are making plans to release a live DVD from their Clockwork Angels tour in May, according to industry website MusicTap.

The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees filmed two shows in November for potential release. It’s been speculated that footage shot in Dallas on November 28 will make up the majority of the feature, with scenes in Phoenix on November 25 recorded as backup.

Fan site RushIsABand.com notes: “We hadn’t really expected the release until the fall, so this is welcome news. Although, as is typically the case, delays in the release date are likely – so we may not actually see it until sometime during the summer.”

Meanwhile, Guitar Center have released a brief interview video with Rush, made during their induction into the firm’s Rockwalk in Hollywood. In the clip below, drummer Neil Peart discusses the physical training required to prepare for their Clockwork Angels world tour.

• 2 months later...

Rush Live DVD Due In May?

Rush are making plans to release a live DVD from their Clockwork Angels tour in May, according to industry website MusicTap.

The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees filmed two shows in November for potential release. It’s been speculated that footage shot in Dallas on November 28 will make up the majority of the feature, with scenes in Phoenix on November 25 recorded as backup.

Fan site RushIsABand.com notes: “We hadn’t really expected the release until the fall, so this is welcome news. Although, as is typically the case, delays in the release date are likely – so we may not actually see it until sometime during the summer.”

Meanwhile, Guitar Center have released a brief interview video with Rush, made during their induction into the firm’s Rockwalk in Hollywood. In the clip below, drummer Neil Peart discusses the physical training required to prepare for their Clockwork Angels world tour.

I was at the Dallas concert back in November. What a great Fucking gig. There is a slim possibility that I might be included in the dvd because there was a cameraman filming some of the long shots (I had seats up and near the back of the American Airlines Center). He was about 5 feet to my left and he panned his camera toward me and the other people sitting in my section. I was screaming and yelling when he did this and I actually made the cameraman laugh.

• 4 weeks later...

WIN RUSH FRONT ROW TICKETS UK COMPETITION

Rush will be hitting the UK in May as part of their Clockwork Angels tour, and P LANET ROCK are giving you the chance to get up close and personal by winning front row tickets!

P LANET ROCK have pairs of tickets to give away for all five gig dates, which include a meet and greet with the band! See below for details.

All next week, P LANET ROCK resident Rush expert, Darren Redick, will be playing you Rush songs on-air.What makes this different from every other week, is that each song will be given a special twist when it is played out around 5pm.

Darren will be adding his own unique musical flavour to each song by playing guitar, bass, keyboards, or possibly even singing!

When you hear the Darren Redick remix of the Rush song, just text 81400 starting with the word PLANET.*Darren will then call three people, who will go head to head in a rock quiz.

Whoever is crowned winner will win a pair of front-row seats to see Rush!

you can enter by submitting your details below

http://www.planetrock.com/promotions/rush/april-2013-ticket-comp/win-front-row-rush-seats/