Jimmy Attends Awards Ceremony Shocker!

Knebby

MOJO Awards

A new management company............the much-talked-about new project..........Jimmy you are such a tease, but this doesn't sound like retirement.

Oh what the heck at least it gives us a new thread :D

that link isn't working for me knebby :unsure:

but i did just hear about this via an email alert http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/page-honoured-at-2010-mojo-honours-list_1146811

hope that works! :)

MOJO Awards

A new management company............the much-talked-about new project..........Jimmy you are such a tease, but this doesn't sound like retirement.

Oh what the heck at least it gives us a new thread :D

Thanks Kneb, good stuff! So no more Peter Mensch, huh? Jimmy has changed managers quite a bit since Peter Grant, hasn't he? Phil Carson, Brian Goode, Bill Curbishley, Peter Mensch...am I missing anyone?

Am I the only one who thinks a change of management became obligatory in the aftermath of his embarrasing, highly-publicized association with the Concert for Peace? Insofar as other projects, he's marketing a new book,

a new guitar case...

He does specifically mention music though Steve. Again. :ph34r:

Hey-Up Knebby,

Thanks for the Heads up on this post...

Just saw a clip on Sky News, & by all Accounts, "P Diddy" kept Sir Jimmy waiting,

TWAT,

how dare he??????

Anyway, just saw this clip below, thats off the MoJo site..........

According to BBC News, LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page has been inducted into the Mojo Hall Of Fame at the magazine's award ceremony.

Page revealed he was working on new material with a number of different projects. He has been taken on by Robbie Williams' management company IE.

"I'm just looking forward to making some music and surprising people with it," he said.

"It won't be just teaming up with lots of people who are [big] names. I've got an idea of something which I've had for a long time and now's the time to do it."

But he declined to give further details about his collaborators or his new direction.

Lets just see who Jimmy teams up with this time, & hope that it's NOT Coverdale again!!

All the best,

Hang-man. :ph34r:

Am I the only one who thinks a change of management became obligatory in the aftermath of his embarrasing, highly-publicized association with the Concert for Peace? Insofar as other projects, he's marketing a new book,

a new guitar case...

I was thinking it was because of the confusion/erroneous statements made awhile back about jimmy looking for a singer which was announced and then retracted after.

Regardless, i'm happy he's moving forward. Change is good!

MOJO Awards

Oh what the heck at least it gives us a new thread biggrin.gif

Nice one Knebby! But how long can one man go on receiving awards on the basis of work which he did thirty to forty years ago? Glad he has changed management company, I never liked Peter Mensch - his statements to the press were very blunt in tone. Jimmy should do himself a favour and give the Beijing fiasco a miss.

Photo from last night's arrivals at ceremony on Getty Images. If you enlarge the photo, I suspect JP is getting filler injections on his nasal labial folds (nose to mouth lines). His face looks less lined than years ago. If he can't give us 'specifics' about his music project, maybe he could share his secret of looking younger than he did ten years ago!!

http://www.gettyimag...s-Entertainment

Good lord sir, must you talk about labial folds in mixed company?! B)

Anyway, who were the young men who hugged Sir Jimmy onstage? Seemed like the crowd was a little flaccid and needed stirring up.

Would be nice to come here and discuss Jimmy's new album.. In 2004 he said a new album

would be his next project. 2010 same story if Jimmy was motivated I'am sure there at least

two albums out now available from all good record shops.

If Jimmy feels he does not want to record/tour anymore fine, just don't keep getting my

hopes up..oh and well done on the award.

Hell, they knighted Patrick Stewart! - surely J.P. is more deserving.

All band members should have been given a government award many, many years ago for their contribution to music, record sales and concert attendance figures. Equally pertinent to your comment about Patrick Stewart getting a knighthood, why did Mick Jagger get one, and not Robert or Jimmy? Possibly because MJ has crawled around the aristocracy since the 1960's - he knows the 'right' people.

Apparently, you can download a form from the internet in order to nominate someone for an award. I certainly thought Jimmy deserved more than an OBE!

Photo from last night's arrivals at ceremony on Getty Images. If you enlarge the photo, I suspect JP is getting filler injections on his nasal labial folds (nose to mouth lines). His face looks less lined than years ago. If he can't give us 'specifics' about his music project, maybe he could share his secret of looking younger than he did ten years ago!!

http://www.gettyimag...s-Entertainment

If he quit drinking *and* smoking that would be one possible non-surgery or injection reason.

Or perhaps he re-upped his deal with the devil?

Or started bathing in the blood of virgins again. Steve, I believe this was a daily routine from 1973 to 1980, starting at approximately 1:30pm every other Thursday, is that correct? Could you check your data base for clarification, please? Cheers.

Love,

Billy

Would be nice to come here and discuss Jimmy's new album.. In 2004 he said a new album

would be his next project. 2010 same story if Jimmy was motivated I'am sure there at least

two albums out now available from all good record shops.

If Jimmy feels he does not want to record/tour anymore fine, just don't keep getting my

hopes up..oh and well done on the award.

It's been a roller coaster ride since Dec 10th 2007....Why is everything always a secret? My hopes have been up since then, along with millions of other fans. I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's over :angry:

If he quit drinking *and* smoking that would be one possible non-surgery or injection reason.

Or perhaps he re-upped his deal with the devil?

Or started bathing in the blood of virgins again. Steve, I believe this was a daily routine from 1973 to 1980, starting at approximately 1:30pm every other Thursday, is that correct? Could you check your data base for clarification, please? Cheers.

Love,

Billy

Billy, aside from that actually being my current daily routine, it's a mystery.

Archived