FOUR EYES edition of O2 show

I've just seen the FOUR EYES DVD version on eBay of the O2 Show. Anyone know much about it? Is the copy better than any of the others that seem to be floating about?

I've not seen any of the DVD's, hard to come by in Oz,just seen the tasters from You Tube.

Interested to hear comments on any of the DVD's out there.

Cheers,

Kenny

I've just seen the FOUR EYES DVD version on eBay of the O2 Show. Anyone know much about it? Is the copy better than any of the others that seem to be floating about?

I've not seen any of the DVD's, hard to come by in Oz,just seen the tasters from You Tube.

Cheers,

Kenny

I have that set. I think it is pretty good for what it is, but then I haven't seen anything else to compare it to. I was just happy to get the set.

Cheers,

Kenny

They're not that rare.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have the 'Work In Progress' version, awesome picture and sound, brillant IMO...

Just finished watching WIP for the second time after receiving it yesterday. Watching the show complete as opposed to utube clips definitely adds to the experience. All in in all the DVD will do fine until if and when an official release comes out. Random thoughts-Kind of strange how quiet the crowd was between certain songs, don't think it would have been like that in the States. I've seen several Page/Plant shows including The Firm, and Page with the Crowes, and the NY crowds were beyond loud between songs during these gigs. Nice to see all the smiles on the whole band, most of the utube footage their joy was not that evident. For Your Life...Awesome, SIBLY was great as they jammed it up a bit, Kashmir was a trudging powerhouse. I know Plant did not want to do Achilles..but Page was on fire and it would have been epic.

Missed out in 1980 as a sophomore in HS because of that tragic day which broke my heart, but the DVD brought back a lot of memories from the past of when Zeppelin music became the soundtrack of my life.

• 4 months later...

Random thoughts-Kind of strange how quiet the crowd was between certain songs, don't think it would have been like that in the States.

Missed out in 1980 as a sophomore in HS because of that tragic day which broke my heart, but the DVD brought back a lot of memories from the past of when Zeppelin music became the soundtrack of my life.

I wondered about that as well. I thought it may have had to do with many people being absorbed in trying to get pictures/video with their cell phones. One see this a lot at concerts nowadays. I was smooshed way down front at a U2 show, with Bono and The Edge mere inches away from us, and this one boy hardly ever looked up from his phone -- I guess he was texting his mates about what an awesome experience he was having, but IMO people are not really PRESENT when they can't put the f*#kin' phones away for 5 minutes.

But I digress. The O2 was the first (and so far only) concert I've been to in Britain, so I don't know what audiences at rock shows are usually like there. I remember hearing one English concert by Zep on the radio - I think it was taped in their early days, probably pre-Stairway - and the crowd was glacially quiet. I'm not sure what that was about. Maybe it was normal, as Robert seemed cheerful and was full of amusing stage banter, "I must tell you about my bottle - completely gone!" That got a laugh.

P.S. You and I must be very close in age. I was just learning about Zeppelin in 1980 as a high schooler when Bonham tragically died. My friends and I had talked about driving to Baltimore or Philadelphia to see them on tour, as we lived in a jerkwater town in Pennsylvania where cool bands rarely ventured.

• 9 months later...

The Work In Progress version looks and sounds the best to me. Great audio that's not a multi-track or SB. There is such a great feel to this show from the audio with great raw sound. Some shows sound so stale when you can barely here the audience. Destroyer comes to mind for example.

the Audio used on The Work in Progress DVD comes from "Storm London" by Beelzebub Label,reported to be be the Best of

the lot so far ( you can count 15 more different audience sources out there of inferior quality.

Thanks. Great info for a first time poster. Welcome to the forum Zepplin 69! :D Sorry, but you misspelled Zeppelin! in your forum name :oops:

The Four Eyes DVD-R is a fan mixed and made release for trade and download only. It could be found at the usual bit-torrent sites, and may still be found on them, if good folks are still seeding. I have a good copy, but there is an error in the menu that doesn't allow the DVR to be played on some DVD players, as my Supervisor found out when I gave him a copy (he could play it on his computer, though). Haven't got to see the "Work In Progress" version yet. Avoid the Empress Valley DVD of the O2 Show! Some sellers are offering it at deeply discounted prices, but they ought to give it away-- it's a single camera poorly shot release and it's not close enough to the stage. The sound is tolerable, but just tolerable. I gave my $30 factory-burned copy away to a fan accquaintance who hadn't seen *any* of the 02 show and he was quite appreciative, but EV really screwed the pooch with this release. One of the worst excuses for a bootleg DVD I've ever seen of a recent show.

Archived