Any word on a new official live release?

NewJPage

Right. Are people really still waiting around for new live material?

There called 'bootlegs' sir.

I really don't agree. How much I love the stuff out there, the difference with a professionaly mixed multi track is a no brainer.

Do yourself a favor. Put in any Earl's Court boot in the ol' CD deck, play In my Time of Dying and then switch to the multi track source of IMTOD on DVD.

Repeat with Royal Albert Hall 1970, LA 1972, Knebworth,...and dig the crunch and power.

I for one think it's just mindbogling to know the multi's of the last Osaka 71 show are lining a vault somewhere.

Every ZEP show captured on multi should be released. Period!

This said, Mike the Mic and all the other enterprising sound enthousiasts...A Big Thank You for all the sonic joy.

I really don't agree. How much I love the stuff out there, the difference with a professionaly mixed multi track is a no brainer.

Do yourself a favor. Put in any Earl's Court boot in the ol' CD deck, play In my Time of Dying and then switch to the multi track source of IMTOD on DVD.

Repeat with Royal Albert Hall 1970, LA 1972, Knebworth,...and dig the crunch and power.

I for one think it's just mindbogling to know the multi's of the last Osaka 71 show are lining a vault somewhere.

Every ZEP show captured on multi should be released. Period!

This said, Mike the Mic and all the other enterprising sound enthousiasts...A Big Thank You for all the sonic joy.

Thank you for your generous advice, I know you dont know me personally, but, I dont need it. I know what all professionaly released zep already sounds like, I wouldn't have made the comments i've made in this thread if i didnt know what I was talking about or have a general knowledge of Live Led Zeppelin. Thanks though.

Also, It's unrealistic. Jimmy isn't going to go releasing a bunch of live material for no reason. He's stated this before & has stated he would rather not unearth some of it. Thats the Way it is. Get over it

What I would love is a September release of '80 material. I know 1980 wasn't the band's peak, but it sure was John Bonham's. Every year, he became a better drummer. Just watch, say, '69 off the DVD, TSRTS, Earl's Court, some '77 boots and then Knebworth.

I fell he got better as the years advance. If they would release Tour Over Europe material to commemorate 30 years without Bonzo, I would be ecstatic. If not I would like to see some official '77 material. Some is horrible, but some shows like LA are quality.

We can always hope...

Most of 80 is already out on Soundboard.

Yes...unfortunately. Those 1980 SBDS sound decent enough, but, Christ, Page's sloppy playing sticks out like a sore thumb! IMO Frankfurt and the majority of Zurich are about the only '80 shows that come even remotely close to acceptable "Live Zeppelin" standards (I have all the '80 shows, of course, but mainly for completeness sake- I can't remember the last time I managed to make my way through a full 1980 show). Most of the other nights they sound like a bad Led Zeppelin garage cover band, what with a smacked out guitarist, a singer who really didn't want to be there and a rhythm section simply holding the fort...I reckon the only 1980 material I could ever see Page putting out would be the epic "Whole Lotta Love" and (maybe) "Stairway" from the Berlin show, for purely sentimental/historical reasons (final concert by the original band, etc). And that's assuming multitracks exist, we know with Page's fastidiousness sound-qualitywise plain old soundboards don't cut it.

That said, I could see Jimmy putting out one of the '75 Earls Court shows some day (possibly Knebworth as well, but I'm guessing we'd get EC first). EC would probably be well edited, though...those were some long -some might say tedious in places- concerts. Way I see it, between BBC, HTWWW, and TSRTS, the first half of Zep's career have been well covered on CD. The latter half hasn't...trouble is, there's some pretty slim pickins there- I could not imagine Page sifting through all the available 75-80 material without his white hair falling out over his shock from how bad some of the playing was in those days...then of course there's the Plant/Jones veto possibility as well. Stuff from Zep's 'glory days' is one thing; I would not be surprised if Page assembled an Earls Court or Knebworth set only to have Plant reject it, either due to his hoarse '75 vocals or 'cos he thought Knebworth was a "shite gig"...

Right. Are people really still waiting around for new live material?

There called 'bootlegs' sir.

i have crates of audio boots already. i was hoping for something professionally mixed, especially for some of the great shows that have below par audio sources. but thanks anyway

Archived