www.jimmypage.com

hecube

I just got the email to say the website was open, but I couldn't log in with my details. I had to re-register as well. The site's slow, but working. I love the guitar intro, I presume that's new material. :thumbsup:

Edited to add: that 'page not found' is coming up when I try to log in.

Yeah it's up...but although I pre-registered, it's not letting me log in. So then I tried registering again, and it still wouldn't let me in.

I'll try later but I'm gonna be pissed if someone takes my planned user name.

it's all running smoothly here, but i have to say, that's a piss poor effort considering all the hype he created with the countdown and even with the registration e-mail today.

News and Discography - empty...Ok newswise, but wtf have they done for the last few weeks while the countdown was running or before?

Live - great reference for dates, but hardly any setlists, hardly any personell, no multimedia, just the same lame photo, the venue, the country. The featured gig from Kezar 73 shows how IMHO all of them should look like at least considering the time (and I am sure money) invested in the project and the time they had. They didn't even have to dig very deep as so much information is already available online anyway. A simple way of hiring a few spotty teenagers who cross reference the content, job done. Also a cross referencing thingy would be ideal - something ala http://www.ledzeppelin-reference.com

Photos - some great shots there, hopefully many more to come

Others - piece of music that loops on the homepage is nice, but surely he came up with a bit more than 35 seconds in all those years....

As said, overall i don't think the site lives up to its hype. had it been a soft launch maybe, but after all the hype the lack of data is schoolboy error territory.

I am sure with time there will be some tasty stuff on occassion (those on the day features sound promising), but overall a bit lame, with a number of better pages on the subject out there.

Jimmy, your loyal legion of fans deserve better

EDIT: Discography is now live...

I am hoping that it will get better with time esp with photos and tour information.

What about the equipment that he has used over the years? What about more information on the O2 concert?

I get the impression that this website is what a 67 year old considers to be really cool. rolleyes.gif Oh well, at least the darn thing is up and kinda running. smile.gif

Well you miserable lot i am well pleased with all the effort that the person(s) who got this site up and running has put in to it. :yesnod:

So what if it isnt perfect?

So what if there are mistakes?

There is always improvement to be made in everything that we do so given time i'm sure everything will get ironed out.

I am well pleased with it and i know it can only get better. :D

Regards, Danny

PS, Thanks to whoever was involved in its making it is very appreciated. :beer:

Believe me when I say Im not being smart here, but there's a feedback option that your encouraged to use, I know I will. And I agree that the gold letters are not an easy read.

As for the site its pretty much what I thought it would be actually. Although I was hoping against hope that we would have a big anouncement of an upcoming new album and tour! :P My gut feeling was that there probably wouldnt be anything like that at this point.

Page stated not long ago that this was just the first step in what will be many steps to follow, including most likely new music and live shows (like yesteday's performance with the Black Crows :) )

So Im more than willing to let this thing evolve over time.

Well you miserable lot i am well pleased with all the effort that the person(s) who got this site up and running has put in to it. :yesnod:

So what if it isnt perfect?

So what if there are mistakes?

There is always improvement to be made in everything that we do so given time i'm sure everything will get ironed out.

I am well pleased with it and i know it can only get better. :D

Regards, Danny

PS, Thanks to whoever was involved in its making it is very appreciated. :beer:

i am not miserable, just disappointed with the lack of effort that went into the site. so much of the missing information is available at the click of a button. doesn't take a lot to pull the info about setlists etc together..

the on this day feature is the only thing that will drive people back to the page, in the hope for those elusive gems. the rest is available elsewhere in a much more complete and better format....for that i am disappointed, as i am sure this project was well financed and resourced.

Apart from the colour of the text, I think the website, like everything Jimmy does, is very slick and classy. I really like the 'On This Day' feature. It's made clear in the news section that it's an 'evolving' website so hopefully we can expect more from it in the future.

Very disappointed. No new music, no real news, no relevant new content at all (all discography and tour info can be found on other websites as well), no multimedia, video, audio, etc., nothing that really goes beyond LZ.com or other existing websites. Poor, bit old fashioned web design, extremely slow performance, mandatory registration for nothing,.... Not worth the wait and the silly countdown. Wish JP had involved someone with some solid knowledge about websites and today's web technology.

Now, after about 12 or more hours, performance seems to have improved quite a bit. I can only hope substance of the content will improve as well. So far, there's almost nothing there.

Wow, a lot of bashers here..... give it a chance to settle in as far as function goes... its the first day and there are zillions accessing it..... The type readability problem is NOT intended, the backgrounds werent loading in due to the zillions of us accessing the site..... A half hour ago, it was running smoothly and it looked great, the type issues were gone...... BUT THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT IT AND WE SHOULD ALL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS STUFF (unless its a big lie)

The multimedia On This Day feast includes video footage, images and audio clips as well as unseen photos and previously unreleased tracks, demos and home recordings. Each entry is accompanied by a personal anecdote written by Jimmy Page and will be available for just 24 hours. There will be no archiving; if you miss it, it’s gone!<BR clear=all>

Wow, a lot of bashers here..... give it a chance to settle in as far as function goes... its the first day and there are zillions accessing it..... The type readability problem is NOT intended, the backgrounds werent loading in due to the zillions of us accessing the site..... A half hour ago, it was running smoothly and it looked great, the type issues were gone...... BUT THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT IT AND WE SHOULD ALL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS STUFF (unless its a big lie)

The multimedia On This Day feast includes video footage, images and audio clips as well as unseen photos and previously unreleased tracks, demos and home recordings. Each entry is accompanied by a personal anecdote written by Jimmy Page and will be available for just 24 hours. There will be no archiving; if you miss it, it's gone!<BR clear=all>

Agreed. However, I am much assured SteveAJones will be archiving anything and everything, whether the site allows or notbiggrin.gif

Archived