www.jimmypage.com

hecube

I have a feeling SAJ's book would be a bit too detailed. 14 inches thick, with every page mired in details such as what restaurant they ate at, how much the bill was, the name of the waiter, the name of the cab driver who dropped them off, where that cab driver went next, what the band had for dessert, etc.

Might read more like a biology textbook than an autobiography! :lol:

I too, can see at least a 14 inch thick book by Jones on Led Zeppelin.

Though,I picture Steve doing a series of books encompassing different eras in the Zeppelin timeline and post Zepp timeline.With his prospector like mentality, I figure SteveAJones has most known dates of revelance on file. (up to today at least)

Knowing what he's documented, if he can interview that waiter... that cabdriver,etc. and add that to the 'textbook' aspect, you've got some serious reading ahead. When Steve is not relating events and dates to us in the 'professor' mode, his writing style is concise. And I'm certainly not knocking the 'professor' mode. One comes away from most of his posts learning a bit more about Led Zeppelin.

Additionally,if SteveAJones had access to the band and provided timelines to the band,and the band was mostly forthright, I'm betting forgotten or not often remembered anecdotes would emerge and provide material for what could be the ultimate book(s) on Led Zeppelin.

I would like first edition autographed copies.

If SteveAJones had access to the band and provided timelines to the band, and the band was mostly forthright, I'm betting forgotten or not often remembered anecdotes would emerge and provide material for what could be the ultimate book(s) on Led Zeppelin. I would like first edition autographed copies.

I don't need more stress in my life! :lol:

The performance timeline Sam developed and maintains for this site is quite remarkable. Perhaps www.jimmypage.com can incorporate a similar chronological record of gigs/events.

By the way, some of the best stories come from cabbies and limo drivers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al Golub, 59 - chauffeured celebs such as Sinatra, Elvis

Chicago Sun-Times - July 17, 2001

Author: NANCY MOFFETT

Al Golub was chauffeur to the stars, with clients like Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra, for whose entourage Mr. Golub once provided 400 White Castle burgers as well as a ride from the airport.

Mr. Golub , 59, known to Led Zeppelin as one of "our boys from Chicago," died Friday at Northwestern Memorial Hospital after suffering a heart attack.

He was president of Chicago Limousine Services, which he owned with his brother.

"We just drove everybody. We drove the Kennedys. We drove the Beatles separately . . . Liberace - it's endless," said Mr. Golub 's brother, Harold Golub.

Other notable riders included Tom Jones, Tony Bennett, Diana Ross, the Beach Boys, the Eagles, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel and David Bowie, among others.

Mr. Golub was so sought-after that once in the early 1970s, when Bowie arrived in town by train from Detroit, he took a cab straight to the Golubs' answering service, even though it was after hours. A convention had made hotel rooms a rare commodity, but the Golub brothers were able to settle Bowie into a room at The Drake - and below the sixth floor, as requested, Harold said.

"There were times we had a lot of clout," he said, adding, " Al went almost everywhere in the Midwest with Elvis."

Mr. Golub also drove for Sinatra for some 30 years. Once the Golubs were asked to show up at Midway Airport with 400 White Castle hamburgers for the singer and his entourage.

The brothers looked so much alike that once when Sinatra had a date in Milwaukee, Mr. Golub picked him up at Midway and drove him to Meigs Field for the last leg of the trip. When Sinatra alighted in Milwaukee, he saw Harold waiting and said, " Al , how did you get here so quick?" Harold recalled.

For months at a time, Mr. Golub went on the road with the Beach Boys and Sly and the Family Stone.

"It is important for us to treat everybody equal, whether they were Elvis or the road crew for Sonny and Cher," Mr. Golub was quoted by the Associated Press in 1987.

The brothers' picture is in a book about Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven," in which they are identified as "Our boys in Chicago," Harold Golub said.

"We had a lot of fun," he said.

Besides his brother, Mr. Golub 's survivors include his wife, Patricia Miranda; and two sons, Dean and Jason.

Services were Monday. Burial was in Westlawn Cemetery, 7801 W. Montrose.

I would have the highly literate, articulate, brilliantly knowledgeable Mr S A Jones write a biography of Led Zeppelin. It would be the only book about the group that you could guarantee would be 100% accurate. SAJ would be as well to do it because it occurred to me that other people could feasibly write a book about Zeppelin, and use the resources on this site to save themselves having to do their own independent research (just a thoughtB) ).

Couldn't agree more and you can bet that someone will try to do it. Better beat them to the punch Steve or they'll be using both yours and Sam's material . I still think you need to open up the Steve A Jones Museum someplace . Mr. Webmaster AKA Sam Rapello, you need to do the same. How about a collaboration. Now there's a thought :Thinking:

Knebby... are you listening ?

I'll bet that between the three of you, that an authorized biography could be done. No offense to anyone else who could contribute intended

Maybe this is the record Jimmy is bringing out :P

OR....a new guitar stand maybe.... :P I was thinking....someone could design a stand in the shape and likeness of Jimmy....holding a guitar. Hey, it could sell.

I do hope SAM is involved in developing the site, he has certainly earned that right here!

By the way, some of the best stories come from cabbies and limo drivers!

Definitely agree with that. Whenever I'm in NYC with friends and take a taxi or a limo service to the airport, we always ask about famous people they may have driven over the years. Some will tell you and others won't. A few interesting ones I've heard.

• 1 month later...

Cut and pasted.

I can't access JimmyPage.com, has anyone else tried to open the site without success?

As Jahfin said it was noted in another thread that his site would be up and running in the New Year so perhaps it is only a matter of a few days until all will be revealed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm personally thinking/hoping the website is going to be launched at the same time as some show dates/new music info. Due to the fact Jimmy doesn't really have much news to publish these days. So if you wanna' believe my theory then I would get ready for a pretty long wait mate!

That Page (NPI) has been up probably for six months now. Who knows, when it will be launched. When Jimmy has something new to release or announce or perhaps to coincide with the O2 dvd/cd release this year? No official date on this has been finalized as of yet.

does anyone know if its an official site? i registered my interest ages ago but havent had anything from the site, surely Jimmys site is this one as he is the ambassador of the band these days, RP and JPJ got other things on so any Jimmy news would be Zeppelin related, i mean its been over a year since the Sky news interview about new music etc but nothing ever changes, its all a big tease man ;)

• 2 months later...

Don't hold your breath.

He has said that once the website is ready, he will start making some new music. To put on the website. But of course, the website won't be 'ready' until the music is there. Thus, we are unlikely ever to either see the website, or hear the new music.

Chicken and egg, then - another classic 'The dog ate my dinner' Pageism.

404-error-jimmy-page-not-found.jpg

The page is there albeit blank, at least for the the moment.

He said last year that it was going to be this year he would make and release new music and possibly tour it plus launch a new website.

While his talent for making music is undeniable, somehow I don't think he is actually constructing the website entirely himself?

Coordinating and providing content for sure with promotion of the O2 DVD a probability, but actual data entry, I doubt it?

So not quite halfway through the year and people have written it all off already.

It seems everything is on track judging by the recent comments at the Ivor Novello awards.

Just got to be patient and wait and see, except for a few on here most of us are used to it and have been for the last 30 years.

The page is there albeit blank, at least for the the moment.

He said last year that it was going to be this year he would make and release new music and possibly tour it plus launch a new website.

While his talent for making music is undeniable, somehow I don't think he is actually constructing the website entirely himself?

Coordinating and providing content for sure with promotion of the O2 DVD a probability, but actual data entry, I doubt it?

So not quite halfway through the year and people have written it all off already.

It seems everything is on track judging by the recent comments at the Ivor Novello awards.

Just got to be patient and wait and see, except for a few on here most of us are used to it and have been for the last 30 years.

Archived