Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

• 2 months later...

I might be a bit of a chatterbox on the forums, but getting to know the real me, is a mammoth task in itself. Sometimes, people have actually declared the entire process to be 'exhausting, confusing and incredibly time consuming'. :lol: 

When I don't like someone, I do have this habit of withdrawing completely or dropping off the grid, entirely. It becomes terribly hard to find me, when I don't want to be found. I am actually, rather like Lucy (that character from the show The Big Bang Theory) in many ways. :) 

In reality, I am what folks call, a typical public introvert and a private extrovert. I can be very shy and awkward when I meet someone who I don't know for the first time and unfortunately, my being reserved has been many a time, attributed to moody and standoffish behaviour. :blink: 

It has also puzzled a lot of people that I can be so friendly and 'giggly' in private (in the company of people who I feel comfortable to be around with), but so 'tongue-tied' and 'quiet' in public. 

I don't at all appreciate highly intrusive questions like 'why are you so quiet?' or 'why are you so 'gloomy'?' or 'why are you alone?' Sheesh!! <_< 

I also can't stand it when someone who I barely know, looks at me, when I am deep in thought about something and asks me if I am OK. Thanks for your concern, but it's not like I've injured myself or something! Goodness! Get a grip!

I also cannot stand small talk of any kind, especially on elevators. I am one of those 'embrace the silence', kind of people. 

Oh and a big pet peeve of mine, is people talking in loud voices, while having 'normal' conversations. I myself, am rather soft spoken. My speaking voice is a bit on the soft side, as shouting drives me crazy! :wacko: 

Oh and lastly, during PE class in school, I used to go hide in the library and get lost in a book for over an hour! :P 

My second random fact for today: 

I hate coffee and I don't know what my parents see in it! Barf!

Yes, I know that it is strange for someone who loves whiskey, to not appreciate coffee, but believe me, I have tried so hard to drink that wretched concoction on quite a few occasions but to no avail. One time, after barely 4 sips, I began feeling so queasy that I had to chew on some sugar free gum, just to get that taste out of my mouth! Yuck! 

I depend on either tea or good old H2O, to quench my thirst. 

Well, it looks like I can't edit my post any longer. So, I'll have to make a new one! 

Here goes. This is the last one, I swear! :P 

My mom is a total extrovert. She can talk to any one, at any time and any place, even to total strangers. In fact, my dad and I are sometimes amazed at how much my mom can talk non-stop for hours, off the cuff! :wacko: 

My dad on the other hand, is the complete and utter opposite! He is the true 'word economist' of the family. 

I on the other hand, am somewhere in the middle. :) 

On 11-7-2016 at 7:42 PM, Stryder1978 said:

...I shook hands with Prince Charles and Lady Di in November 988.   The were at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris for Armistice Day. 

In 988?

Wow, I had no clue you were that old :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

NHL Superstar Sydney Crosby walked into the same place I was at, and I didn't bother him, I didn't have the balls to walk up to him as other people were and congratulating him on winning the Stanley Cup and also the MVP. My wife asked me why I didn't do the same and I just said that I would feel stupid bothering him. I really need to work on striking up conversations with strangers when out in public

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2016 at 3:34 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

My second random fact for today: 

I hate coffee and I don't know what my parents see in it! Barf!

Yes, I know that it is strange for someone who loves whiskey, to not appreciate coffee, but believe me, I have tried so hard to drink that wretched concoction on quite a few occasions but to no avail. One time, after barely 4 sips, I began feeling so queasy that I had to chew on some sugar free gum, just to get that taste out of my mouth! Yuck! 

I depend on either tea or good old H2O, to quench my thirst. 

I am exactly the same as you with this, haha! I hate coffee with a passion, I love tea and whiskey is my drink of choice :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of all the main characters on the T.V show Friends, I am just like Chandler! B) 

I can be very sarcastic. I love clowning around and making politically incorrect jokes. My close friends call me crazy and in college, I used to have a reputation for providing comic relief. I use humour as a defense mechanism in trying situations. I can also be very awkward. I am an only child. I love statistics and data analysis (I know Chandler did not, but hey, he did start his career in IT). 

I took a few quizzes and the results were to my utter satisfaction! :D 

NJ2JXc9YUhll.png

On 23/08/2016 at 6:05 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

You have no idea how nice it is to meet someone else who hates coffee as much as I do! Looks like we have a lot in common, Zoe! :D 

Haha a rare breed we are! And judging by some other posts you made, it looks like we have other stuff in common too :D

On 01/09/2016 at 9:45 PM, Charles J. White said:

But that's cool because you know how to ride a bicycle - and a bicycle is more fun anyways 

I wholeheartedly agree. I ride my bicycle everywhere! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived