Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

• 2 weeks later...

I once was a contest winner and named the AHL hockey team of my home town in 1996. The team is now known as the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

I used to make prank phone calls to CNN for Howard Stern and am mentioned in his book 'Miss America".

On 10/22/2016 at 3:18 PM, bcarter690 said:

I once was a contest winner and named the AHL hockey team of my home town in 1996. The team is now known as the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

I used to make prank phone calls to CNN for Howard Stern and am mentioned in his book 'Miss America".

IV IS MY FAVORITE.  SO THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS?

14729339_1295115243840530_42623078741416

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sure all the foodies here, know very well that I'm a whisky fan :P 

In view of that, I have developed a very interesting and quirky hobby, very recently.

It is no secret that some whisky and bourbon brands put out all the stops when it comes to the packaging! I'm not talking about the whisky bottle itself. No. I'm talking about the boxes (and tubes, in some cases) that store the whisky. I mean I've seen some exquisite and quirky packaging but sadly, some people just throw it away! To me, the packaging is as valuable as the whisky itself.

Here's my stash so far. It's a work in progress! :P 

IMG_1439.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My favourite band to get drunk to : Rush

Their lyrics are music to my ears! I don't care whether I'm listening to their work from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's or 10's!

With each album. they always manage to strike a chord in my heart! No other band, has ever done that, for me!

Whether I am sober or drunk, I love this band to bits! I can listen to these guys, irrespective of what sort of mood I'm in!

My favourite band of all time, ladies and gentlemen! :toast: 

5 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

My favourite band to get drunk to : Rush

Their lyrics are music to my ears! I don't care whether I'm listening to their work from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's or 10's!

With each album. they always manage to strike a chord in my heart! No other band, has ever done that, for me!

Whether I am sober or drunk, I love this band to bits! I can listen to these guys, irrespective of what sort of mood I'm in!

My favourite band of all time, ladies and gentlemen! :toast: 

Well Kiwi went to the school of the bleedin' obvious !!:D;):friends:

Hello.....this is my first post here.   I'm 59 and in the 70's I loved in Germany and saw a lot of concerts.   Including Zeppelin. I also played drums in a band during the 70's.   I would like to purchase some magazines with articles about Zeppelin, specifically concerts in Nuremberg in the early 70's where I saw them.   Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,  Oldhippie

• 1 month later...

Just a few things: I have played soccer since I was 6 years old. I enjoy being a High School Physical Education and Health Education Teacher as well as the Girls Soccer Coach(this might be because it is only my 2nd year of teaching) :). I love going to the beach and partaking in a few beers or an adult beverage or two(or more). A crazy fact last year which was my 1st year teaching I was jokingly asked to go to the Senior Prom with one of the Senior Guys. Of course I turned him down and he acted devastated, but he was actually dared to ask a teacher so he asked me who just so happened to be the youngest teacher in the entire school.

• 2 weeks later...

I met Hugh Jackman and his wife Debra about 17 years ago as they were just walking around the shops in Melbourne. It was no big deal as he was not yet Wolverine.

Said hello and some other crap. What are you gonna say really? They're just people. They use toilet paper like everyone else.

We still talk on the phone occasionally... No, we don't, that is just a lie. Must be annoying being famous at times, you could not even go to the supermarket to buy a ten-pack of toilet paper without a resulting TMZ story about how you must have the runs. As if the world needs to know that.

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2017 at 5:13 PM, ebk said:

I own 2 dozen watches.  Just came home after having 22 batteries replaced. 

Nice! I'm in the process of adding to my Jaeger-LeCoulter Reverso collection.

And I've met Buzz Aldrin at a book signing back in the 90's.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If there is one thing that I have learnt about myself, it is the fact that I absolutely need to keep my brain ticking every single day.

I like to keep my brain ticking either by:

a. Doing math for pleasure

b. Listening to classical music

c. Mentoring folks on a subject that interests me

d. Watching historical documentaries and / or vintage cartoon shorts

e. Taking up a writing project

If I don't keep my brain ticking, it practically becomes my enemy, as it leads me to think about stupid shit like the juvenile behaviour of certain people in my life, their ulterior motives and their complex yet childish mood swings and games!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, let's see. Since I'm new here, and this is only my third post. Just about everything about me is a random fact. But Here goes nothing.

1. I just turned 30
  2. I am a writer
  3. I collect unique and vintage things. In fact, my whole house looks like a 70's time warp
  4. Two of my favorite smells are sandalwood and patchouli

Archived