Robert Plant makes surprise visit & sings at lobby bar in Chicago hotel

Cat

The night before making a surprise appearance on stage with Los Lobos at the Taste of Chicago on Tuesday, former Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant was treating his friends to a quick song in The James Hotel lobby bar.

Link to story:

My link

Great performance, but it's interesting how he avoids the high notes these days. I mean he proved at the o2 he can still do them, but for me, its' not really about proving anything. Being such a total zep fanatic, i juts expect such things from him and i know it's ridicioulus, but that's just me and when i go to concerts i also get excited when artist sing high. it's probably so with a lot of people, because high nots lift everything up, but in case of Robert's i guess a lot of people really expect that, because that's what really defined his singing.

There are artists that just mostly excite with their songwiriting, like Dylan, but in case of Zep, there was also always that element od exciting with technical ability! Imagine Going to California, where Robert wouldn't go high a few times! It would practically be a different song! Or Since i've been loving you without that killer solo!!

Anyway, i'm really not complaining, Robert is still singing fantastically and trying out new ways, but it always makes me happy when he does the high belting!

Great performance, but it's interesting how he avoids the high notes these days. I mean he proved at the o2 he can still do them, but for me, its' not really about proving anything. Being such a total zep fanatic, i juts expect such things from him and i know it's ridicioulus, but that's just me and when i go to concerts i also get excited when artist sing high. it's probably so with a lot of people, because high nots lift everything up, but in case of Robert's i guess a lot of people really expect that, because that's what really defined his singing.

There are artists that just mostly excite with their songwiriting, like Dylan, but in case of Zep, there was also always that element od exciting with technical ability! Imagine Going to California, where Robert wouldn't go high a few times! It would practically be a different song! Or Since i've been loving you without that killer solo!!

Anyway, i'm really not complaining, Robert is still singing fantastically and trying out new ways, but it always makes me happy when he does the high belting!

In many ways I think Robert sings better now. I don't miss the "wail" and Going To California, which he's done live with the 1988 band as well as Strange Sensation was absolutely stellar. I guess it's all about preferences. I'm happy he's not just out there, but doing unique projects, still has an incredible fire in his belly and sounds great :)

LOVE the photo of Robert leaning against the car and can't WAIT for the new video. As for hitting high notes, he just may be hitting some on this new tour I have a feeling. He's doing more of the bluesy, rocked out stuff and just may get inspired enough to wail away considering the people he's playing with and his having more freedom to sing as he pleases. We KNOW he certainly can still do it.

Archived