Robert Plant UK tour dates

sturie

Hi all...apologies if this is already know. I've just received a mail from Robert's website confirming the following UK dates:

HMV Forum, LONDON - Sept 2nd

St David's Hall, CARDIFF - 26th Oct

Symphony Hall, BIRMINGHAM - 27th Oct

Palace Theatre, MANCHESTER - 31st Oct

Tickets on sale 9am, 9th July, unless you've pre-ordered Robert's new album from HMV where you can purchase 48hrs earlier.

Plus there's the already published show at Steve Bull's foundation launch sometime in August I believe. On that subject, it is possible to buy individual 'silver' tickets for that launch event at £100, although no one knows what length of show Robert is planning.....should be a great opportunity to get very close to him though!!!! Cheers.

I saw him perform at St. David's Hall in Oct 2002. The acoustics were exceptional! An excellent venue for Robert Plant.

A great point Steve...I was there too, and you're right, sound was exceptional as you say. I understand that the unusual tiered layout of the venue was somehow designed to aid the overall acoustics of the venue. Performers often comment on the great sound. Of course, Robert is also a passionate supporter of us Welshfolk of which I am one, so the Cardiff show is much welcomed down here!!! He will have a very warm reception...

My employer has strong ties with Molineux, and I believe that August 20th is a strong contender.....Platinum VIP tables are £2,000 for ten guests, Silver tables are £1,000 for 10 guests....Not sure about gold! Also, individual silver tickets are available at £100 each where you will be seated on a silver table on the night....I was emailed a flyer on it today, which had this date specified as well as a picture of Robert....!

Poor old Robert, he must be getting too old to travel any further north than Manchester these days :angry:

That's ridiculous. From what I can see, these dates are warm up dates as are the handful in the U.S. I'd assume and I think I may have read (not sure where though) he'll do a full fledged tour 2011 after the album is out. Calm down ;)

That's ridiculous. From what I can see, these dates are warm up dates as are the handful in the U.S. I'd assume and I think I may have read (not sure where though) he'll do a full fledged tour 2011 after the album is out. Calm down wink.gif

He never warms up in the states & I doubt demand will be there for more extensive touring. Catch him while you can.

He never warms up in the states & I doubt demand will be there for more extensive touring. Catch him while you can.

Supposition, or an educated guess based on resources?

Really? I saw a warm up shows for both Dreamland AND Mighty Rearranger before the full on tour. Don't understand why you think he's not going to do a full tour of the US. I'd be very surprised at that.

That's ridiculous. From what I can see, these dates are warm up dates as are the handful in the U.S. I'd assume and I think I may have read (not sure where though) he'll do a full fledged tour 2011 after the album is out. Calm down ;)

It was said with my tongue firmly in cheek......... :P

Really? I saw a warm up shows for both Dreamland AND Mighty Rearranger before the full on tour. Don't understand why you think he's not going to do a full tour of the US. I'd be very surprised at that.

Perhaps your definition of a warm-up show differs from mine. When I think warm-up show I think of Rotterdam and Brussels '75, Copenhagen '79, the small halls & UK universities in Dec '87/early '88, Kings Head pub May '93.

In 2001 he did a mini-tour of major East & Midwest markets before returning to play some of them again and elsewhere. In 2005 he played the heartland and deep south in springtime before returning to play elsewhere in summer.

Yay Cardiff! :D

Thought I'd have to trek to London.

Can't wait, hopefully I'll be able to get tickets. Can't believe it was four years ago I last saw Robert live.

My guess is there will be more tour dates as well, he toured Mighty Rearranger for two years and played London five times in two years.

Okeydokey. So the tall, cool one tours the U.S. for half the month of July promoting(?) his new album which won't be released until Sept. 14. A mere handful of dates are slated for the UK in the fall. Lots of days between late July and October.

What gives? I believe ninelives point is valid for a full fledged tour. Or...

If "demand is not there for more extensive touring" (prior to album's release) and "it would be nice to see more dates but I don't think we can rely on anthing." is close to, if not true...

My question: Is Plant already in collaboration with a future project?

To be fair - he doesn't usually tour in August. He has always had a school-age child (not after this summer - for now anyway, lol) with whom he has felt it invaluable to spend the school holidays - also having his birthday in August and a holiday home on a European island, where August is one of the best months to make use of it - well it is no shock that he has kept August free. I don't think it is anything to do with a new project - he's excited enough about this one.

Steve he warmed up in the States on the Krauss tour 4/5 shows down south and he is doing exactly the same here.

Perhaps your definition of a warm-up show differs from mine. When I think warm-up show I think of Rotterdam and Brussels '75, Copenhagen '79, the small halls & UK universities in Dec '87/early '88, Kings Head pub May '93.

In 2001 he did a mini-tour of major East & Midwest markets before returning to play some of them again and elsewhere. In 2005 he played the heartland and deep south in springtime before returning to play elsewhere in summer.

I think of warm up dates as a handful of dates before an album is released or well before a major tour. 2001 he did a 5 city tour before Dreamland, and 2005 he did a few dates overseas and a few around his appearance at SXSW in March prior to the tour commencing in June.

I think of warm up dates as a handful of dates before an album is released or well before a major tour. 2001 he did a 5 city tour before Dreamland, and 2005 he did a few dates overseas and a few around his appearance at SXSW in March prior to the tour commencing in June.

^^^

Oh, I see. I understand your position better now, and it seems to be one shared by walterswalk, among others.

Steve he warmed up in the States on the Krauss tour 4/5 shows down south and he is doing exactly the same here.

So, WW, perhaps you can clarify, I saw the first show of the Raising Sand Tour in Lousiville, Kentucky. Was this the real tour opener or a "warm-up" gig? I am confused, since my mates and I all felt we were at an opening night of a world tour. If this was the opener, were there warm-ups other than the Crossroads taping that we were unaware of?

So, WW, perhaps you can clarify, I saw the first show of the Raising Sand Tour in Lousiville, Kentucky. Was this the real tour opener or a "warm-up" gig? I am confused, since my mates and I all felt we were at an opening night of a world tour. If this was the opener, were there warm-ups other than the Crossroads taping that we were unaware of?

So a world tour is Europe and the U.S?

Archived