Has anyone got a copy of Destroyer 4 album box set

Hi does anyone know about the Destroyer Demo copy 4 album box set, Seattle August 77. I have a copy and would like to know if anyone would know what its worth? I also have Led Zeppelin at the L.A. FORUM which is a two album LP. I also have a 3 LP set called LED ZEPPELIN melancholy Danish pageboys Get it on its from the Falconer theatre Cpenhagen July 7 1979. I have searched the internet but cant find these LPs can anyone help?

Hi does anyone know about the Destroyer Demo copy 4 album box set, Seattle August 77. I have a copy and would like to know if anyone would know what its worth? I also have Led Zeppelin at the L.A. FORUM which is a two album LP. I also have a 3 LP set called LED ZEPPELIN melancholy Danish pageboys Get it on its from the Falconer theatre Cpenhagen July 7 1979. I have searched the internet but cant find these LPs can anyone help?

Not sure what you mean by demo copy and it should be Cleveland '77 but anyway there are many variations of the Destroyer title on vinyl and most serious collectors pay $50-$100 for mint copies. Good rule of thumb for most but not all vinyl Led Zeppelin bootlegs is $20 to $25 per disc

provided the condition is mint and you have a serious collector interested in purchasing it. I have one or two versions of Destroyer as well as the Melancholy Danish Pageboys in my archive. Numerous LA '75 titles.

Not sure what you mean by demo copy

I think I've got the same version Coxneil's referring to. The labels say 'Demo copy not for sale', as well as 'DRGM505' and 'DRGM Enterprises Ltd'.

I've seen this advertised for £200, but that was quite a while ago and personally I can't understand why anyone would pay anything like that in these days of free, sonically superior downloads.

Hi thanks for your replies on Destroyer album, I believe Demo copies were sent to radio stations and not sold to the public? but they make their way to the public one way or another. This could explain why mine has Seattle August 77 on the box and yours has cleveland 77, it has Jimmy Page with his double neck guitar on the cover of the box in blue and the wrighting is in red and it also has LZ 27-4-77. They always put demo copy not for sale when sending to radio stations. Thanks again for the info.

Hi thanks for your replies on Destroyer album, I believe Demo copies were sent to radio stations and not sold to the public? but they make their way to the public one way or another. This could explain why mine has Seattle August 77 on the box and yours has cleveland 77, it has Jimmy Page with his double neck guitar on the cover of the box in blue and the wrighting is in red and it also has LZ 27-4-77. They always put demo copy not for sale when sending to radio stations. Thanks again for the info.

Destroyer is 4-27-77.

Destroyer II is 4-28-77.

I would have paid 100 bucks for Destroyer on vinyl, but I'm not a fan of the show.

Considering their last show in 1977 was July 24th, I'm assuming "Seattle August 1977" is a shipping or mailing date, not a reference to an actual Led Zeppelin concert?

Your description of demo copies holds true for legitamate releases but not bootlegs. On a bootleg it's just another gimmick and I'd bet dollars to donuts DRGM Enterprises Ltd. took an existing vinyl pressing of Destroyer and made knock-off copies. In other words this release does not come from original plates, which is a far more expensive endeavor. Surf bootleg album production for further details if interested.

Edited by SteveAJones

Rest assured Coxneil that Seattle 77' you have is a bootleg. It is not a demo for any radio station, it's nothing but a bootleg...Big welcome to the board, hope to see you stick around posting...

Also, if you play that Seattle 77' on your turntable, you'll hear it's a bad audience recording. Now if it's a good recording, I would say that would be a little more interesting to have. Have you listened to it?

• 3 years later...

I've always wondered about the different pressings of this boxed set. I've seen pictures of the labels from this boxed set and many are blank and white. I've seen the ones that say promo. Mine on the other hand has the same drawing of a dude reading a newspaper for each label and each label is a different color.

I've always wondered about the different pressings of this boxed set. I've seen pictures of the labels from this boxed set and many are blank and white. I've seen the ones that say promo. Mine on the other hand has the same drawing of a dude reading a newspaper for each label and each label is a different color.

Going from memory bootleg vinyl releases with a sort of Dagwood Bumpstead character seated in a chair with headphones on (IIRC) and a newspaper (IIRC) were pressed and distributed by the Korneyphone label in the mid to late 1980s.

Going from memory bootleg vinyl releases with a sort of Dagwood Bumpstead character seated in a chair with headphones on (IIRC) and a newspaper (IIRC) were pressed and distributed by the Korneyphone label in the mid to late 1980s.

Correct. And they were usually poor recordings.

I have the original Destroyer in the plastic clamshell box, on the DRGM label. It appears to be a soundboard recording, but the editing was poor.

001b_zpsaf13e486.jpg

Edited by The Dark Lord

I have an older version that came in a regular black box with no artwork and test pressings in the label. quality is atrocious. In order to make the box pretty i drew the Necronomicon symbol on the back cover in Midnight blue prisma pencil and put a pic of Jimmy from 77 on the front. Still have it but its worthless now.

'Destroyer is 4/27/77'. There are 2 versions, both use the DRGM label. The 'first' edition is from Europe and is supposed to have superior sound but all the 'Plantations' are edited out. This has the blue cover with a close-up of Jimmy. The US edition is inferior and has several variations; the most valuable are the plastic case version and one that came on colored vinyl.

'THE Destroyer' is 4/28 and shows the battle scene on the cover. It is an audience recording. I got this info from Robert Godwin's collector's guide - anyone even slightly interested should seek it out.

I don't know what your internet problem is but if you google Led +Zeppelin +Destroyer you should get pages of hits. Here is a site that tracks eBay sales:

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/search?q=led+zeppelin+destroyer&search-button=

Destroyer was the first bootleg I bought - I received Blue Berry Hill as a gift first, then once I found out where to get these records (Rolling Stones Records on Irving Park in Chicago) I proceeded to spend just about every penny I made at my $2.90 per hour washing dishes at Ponderosa Restaurant there. I've been hooked ever since!

I have the Fantasy Gothic battle scene in red, black and white box set from the Cleveland 1977 show.

Full show with all Plant-tations and the quality is excellent.

One of the best versions of 10 Years Gone that I've ever heard is on it.

One of the odd things about my copy of Destroyer is the mis-spelling of Led Zeppelin as "Led Zepplin"...

• 2 years later...
23 hours ago, Cantrip said:

Anyone know the difference between The Destroyer Red Box and White Box by Empress Valley?

Check the dates - probably one is from April 27; the other April 28.

Edited by Pb!

• 2 years later...

👍Would absolutely love some of the soundboards that have surfaced from 1977 like Houston and Fort Worth to come out on vinyl! Would absolutely love colored vinyls and picture discs of them too!👍

I acquired an interesting Destroyer with a mastering mistake, it's 4/27, but mislabeled as "Seattle August 77" on the album cover, which is just a yellow piece of paper with a picture of the band and red lettering writing folded over a black box. It also has a mastering mistake Kashmir is briefly interrupted with bits of Stairway to Heaven. I was listening to it and was like WTF? is there something wrong with my needle or am I having flashbacks from the incredible 4-way acid I used to get in the 80s?:hysterical: But it is indeed a mastering mistake.

Edited by luvlz2

On 10/19/2019 at 1:36 AM, luvlz2 said:

👍Would absolutely love some of the soundboards that have surfaced from 1977 like Houston and Fort Worth to come out on vinyl! Would absolutely love colored vinyls and picture discs of them too!👍

I acquired an interesting Destroyer with a mastering mistake, it's 4/27, but mislabeled as "Seattle August 77" on the album cover, which is just a yellow piece of paper with a picture of the band and red lettering writing folded over a black box. It also has a mastering mistake Kashmir is briefly interrupted with bits of Stairway to Heaven. I was listening to it and was like WTF? is there something wrong with my needle or am I having flashbacks from the incredible 4-way acid I used to get in the 80s?:hysterical: But it is indeed a mastering mistake.

The destroyer lps from the 80’s have many flaws in editing and the wax itself, i agree, just some 3 lp well-mastered sets on colored wax would be life saving. I think we all need some high quality pressings of these newly circulated shows

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...