A Question about the official DVD releases

gperkins151

I refer you to the reviews on amazon.com

Just checked there for the second time and folks say that the performances on the Zep DVD are not on TSRTS (however, these reviews were prior to the release of the new TSRTS.) Now, all 4 of the songs are on the movie, sountrack and Zep 2 DVD set.

I am confused, someone please help?

Just checked there for the second time and folks say that the performances on the Zep DVD are not on TSRTS (however, these reviews were prior to the release of the new TSRTS.) Now, all 4 of the songs are on the movie, sountrack and Zep 2 DVD set.

I am confused, someone please help?

They are on the special features second disc of the 2-disc set but not incorporated into the actual film. The full Celebration Day on TSRTS second disc is newly released, and SIBLY is edited in from the DVD i believe. Wait for Eddie Edwards at The Garden Tapes to dissect it all for sure.

They are on the special features second disc of the 2-disc set but not incorporated into the actual film. The full Celebration Day on TSRTS second disc is newly released, and SIBLY is edited in from the DVD i believe. Wait for Eddie Edwards at The Garden Tapes to dissect it all for sure.

Right, but I am comparing the Led Zeppelin DVD that has 4 songs from the MSG shows to TSRTS, not the soundtrack of TSRTS to the film of the same name.

Right, but I am comparing the Led Zeppelin DVD that has 4 songs from the MSG shows to TSRTS, not the soundtrack of TSRTS to the film of the same name.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

The only song of the four on the 2003 DVD to be included on 2007 DVD release of the theatrical version of TSRTS is SIBLY. None of the visuals from the original film were legally allowed to be changed other than a visual clean-up.

The other three songs from the 2003 DVD (MMH, Black Dog and The Ocean) are included on the special features disc of the 2-disc 2007 release of TSRTS. A fourth song that had never been available anywhere, Celebration Day, also is on this special features disc.

Does that clear up what you wanted to know?

Maybe I wasn't clear.

The only song of the four on the 2003 DVD to be included on 2007 DVD release of the theatrical version of TSRTS is SIBLY. None of the visuals from the original film were legally allowed to be changed other than a visual clean-up.

The other three songs from the 2003 DVD (MMH, Black Dog and The Ocean) are included on the special features disc of the 2-disc 2007 release of TSRTS. A fourth song that had never been available anywhere, Celebration Day, also is on this special features disc.

Does that clear up what you wanted to know?

Yes, thanks very much.

Archived